1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 01:29
    @galveston75 said
    Just like clock work the two of you always revert to this some old smear topic when you can't come up with the proof I ask for on those so called factual lies you two come up with at least once a year. Aren't you getting tired of this yet? Yawn!!!
    Have a dig around here: http://www.icsahome.com/
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:141 edit
    @galveston75 said
    - High threat of coercion for non compliance of above.

Never heard that one from the stage or at all ever. If this were true one would think I would have heard that joke of a statement by you in my 64 years, huh?

@galveston75 said
    Never heard that one from the stage or at all ever. If this were true one would think I would have heard that joke of a statement by you in my 64 years, huh?

What about the case of robbie carrobie and the disfellowshipped elder Mike Hunter? You remember him describing how he and others ostracized Mike systematically. You were involved in that conversation on this forum.

robbie carrobie's and Mike Hunter's children were friends but after Mike left the JWs and became a regular Christian, robbie carrobie prevented his child from meeting with, speaking to, or playing with Mike's child.

robbie carrobie actually used his own child to take some kind of spiteful revenge on another child as a way of bullying/ostracizing the ex-JW, who'd been forced out by other elders because of disagreements about doctrine. robbie carrobie talked about it openly.

Isn't that kind of spitefulness, or the threat of it in the eyes of those toeing the line ~ even stooping so low as to use one's own children to punish a 'dissident' ~ isn't that a kind of psychological violence and coercion?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:16
    @galveston75 said
    Jesus is our leader. No man is. I can't even tell you the name of the president of the WTS at this moment. So know he or any man is not our leader............
    Are there any Christian groups out there that you WOULD describe as cults or ones that you at least have concerns about?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:20
    @suzianne said
    "(- Having no fringe - one is either in or out. )

Not true at all. No one is out unless Jehovah tells that to us."

So, "Jehovah" tells you who to shun?
    Yes Jehovah answers thru prayer. Has he not answered ones in prayer that he has dealt with in the past for direction?
    I hope your not going to suggest that he doesn't as you have no idea who he speaks to, do you? No.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:21
    @fmf said
    Are there any Christian groups out there that you WOULD describe as cults or ones that you at least have concerns about?
    No not off the top of my head. I see no reason at this time to be concerned of that.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:22
    @fmf said

@galveston75 said

What about the case of robbie carrobie and the disfellowshipped elder Mike Hunter? You remember him describing how he and others o ...[text shortened]... e's own children to punish a 'dissident' ~ isn't that a kind of psychological violence and coercion?
    Sorry but I don't remember this situation.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:23
    @galveston75 said
    No not off the top of my head. I see no reason at this time to be concerned of that.
    But it's the topic of the thread.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:25
    @fmf said
    Have a dig around here: http://www.icsahome.com/
    And why should I go there?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:26
    @fmf said
    But it's the topic of the thread.
    No the thread is about you calling the JW's a cult.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:27
    @galveston75 said
    Sorry but I don't remember this situation.
    Well, I have laid out what happened with a reasonable amount of detail. You said you had never heard of any coercion in 64 years but how dependant is this 'I never eard of it' being used over and over again? If you never remember stuff during the 64 years, including this memorable robbie carrobie story, it's easy to just say there's never been anything for you to remember... for 64 years.

Doesn't the robbie carrobie/Mike Hunter situation show a kind of spitefulness, or the threat of it in the eyes of those toeing the line ~ even stooping so low as to use one's own children to punish a 'dissident' ~ isn't that a kind of psychological violence and coercion?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:29
    @galveston75 said
    And why should I go there?
    Because you asked for evidence. There is evidence there.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:30
    @galveston75 said
    No the thread is about you calling the JW's a cult.
    Take a look at the OP again. It's about the use of the word "cult".
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:39
    @fmf said
    Well, I have laid out what happened with a reasonable amount of detail. You said you had never heard of any coercion in 64 years but how dependant is this 'I never eard of it' being used over and over again? If you never remember stuff during the 64 years, including this memorable robbie carrobie story, it's easy to just say there's never been anything for you to remember... for ...[text shortened]... e's own children to punish a 'dissident' ~ isn't that a kind of psychological violence and coercion?
    Oh come on man. You're just getting stupid now. I said I don't remember that situation because guess why? I don't remember it plain and simple.
    And I know nothing about their situation. I was not there, I have no idea of the specifics, and I'm not privy to anything about it.
    The only thing I know is I feel stupid that I'm even taking the time to answer this stupid subject with you as all you are trying to do is suck me and trying to trip me up with this crap. Grow up man!!!!! You and your mate are about the biggest two cowards` on the web! I'd bet your not so brazen in person........
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:441 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Oh come on man. You're just getting stupid now. I said I don't remember that situation because guess why? I don't remember it plain and simple.
    But if you just never remember inconvenient things like that, what validity does it have - what is the legitimacy of your personal testimony - when you claim not to remember anything like that in all your 64 years etc.?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Aug '20 02:46
    @galveston75 said
    The only thing I know is I feel stupid that I'm even taking the time to answer this stupid subject with you as all you are trying to do is suck me and trying to trip me up with this crap.
    The question about ostracization and bullying, as seen in the robbie carrobie and Mike Hunter situation, is a serious on-topic one and was a response to something you posted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree