1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    14 Dec '14 14:15
    YouTube

    Is God just a really good musician?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    14 Dec '14 15:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

    Is God just a really good musician?
    How about it people? Let's discuss the spirituality of music.
  3. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    14 Dec '14 18:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    Is God just a really good musician?
    Is God the guy in a hoodie?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    14 Dec '14 19:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

    Is God just a really good musician?
    Nice.

    Here's another example:

    YouTube
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    17 Dec '14 11:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

    Is God just a really good musician?
    I don't understand how you see a spiritual connection based on this video?
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Dec '14 12:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

    Is God just a really good musician?
    I get the impression that the order of matter is by design, and that everything has a cause. When everything effects everything else according to the laws of physics it can be reasonably concluded that there was a first cause. That that first cause was by a being with unimaginable omniscience.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Dec '14 12:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't understand how you see a spiritual connection based on this video?
    Your first three words says it all.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Dec '14 12:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Nice.

    Here's another example:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmNFkjRgm6s
    An example of what? Reprobation?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    17 Dec '14 13:17
    Originally posted by josephw
    Your first three words says it all.
    Swing away.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52612
    17 Dec '14 14:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3oItpVa9fs

    Is God just a really good musician?
    So the idea is we design nice experiments, therefore there is a god?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    17 Dec '14 17:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    An example of what? Reprobation?
    It is in the same spirit as the sand on the vibrating plate being stimulated by auditory vibrations, only on a more visceral level. All part of God's good earth. But I know, pleasure = reprobation in some minds. However, if playing with the sand on the vibrating plate brings pleasure, surely that would be OK, no?
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Dec '14 18:12
    Originally posted by JS357
    It is in the same spirit as the sand on the vibrating plate being stimulated by auditory vibrations, only on a more visceral level. All part of God's good earth. But I know, pleasure = reprobation in some minds. However, if playing with the sand on the vibrating plate brings pleasure, surely that would be OK, no?
    The same spirit? What does the spirit have to do with the flesh JS?
  13. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Dec '14 18:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So the idea is we design nice experiments, therefore there is a god?
    Like the experiments that prove there is no God?

    Like the experiment that proves everything came from nothing without a cause, producing a universe that behaves in accordance with precise execution the laws of physics?
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    17 Dec '14 19:52
    Originally posted by josephw
    Like the experiments that prove there is no God?

    Like the experiment that proves everything came from nothing without a cause, producing a universe that behaves in accordance with precise execution the laws of physics?
    What we call laws of nature are our best current understanding of observed regularities.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    17 Dec '14 22:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    The same spirit? What does the spirit have to do with the flesh JS?
    The woman is the vibrating plate and her hair is the sand. It's also her facial expressions. The visible effects of the auditory stimulus in the two cases are analogous.
Back to Top