Da Vinci Code analogous to Satanic Verses

Da Vinci Code analogous to Satanic Verses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
21 May 06
1 edit

By Salman Rushdie. One Catholic scandal, one Muslim. Yes or no?

w

Moves
21 May 06

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I was attempting to explore this in my Muhammad Code thread and was accused of being stereotypical and close minded.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
21 May 06

Originally posted by whodey
I was attempting to explore this in my Muhammad Code thread and was accused of being stereotypical and close minded.
Isn't accusing people of being stereotypical and closed-minded what we do here in the Spirituality Forum?

w

Moves
21 May 06

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
Isn't accusing people of being stereotypical and closed-minded what we do here in the Spirituality Forum?
Absolutely not! Thats a very one sided view of the sprituality forum.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
21 May 06

The stereo type I referred to was that of the murdering muslim terrorist. Lets deal with the issues without using that stereotype.

N

The sky

Moves
21 May 06

Absolutely not! Thats a very one sided view of the sprituality forum.
It's a stereotypical and close-minded view.

w

Moves
21 May 06
3 edits

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
The stereo type I referred to was that of the murdering muslim terrorist. Lets deal with the issues without using that stereotype.
I can't help it if what you percieve as a stereotype is the truth. Radical Islam will do violence to those who offend them which they have proven time and time again in the past. As I said in the other thread look at Salmon Rushdie and the Satanic Verses as well as the cartoons of Muhammad and the after effects felt by the Danish people. Now you hear of no more examples of the world media offending Islam. I think they learned their lesson the hard way. They would like to ridicule and poke fun at their faith but would rather avoid being beheaded. Respect is often hard to obtain, however, they have obtained it through terror. In contrast, you have a myriad of examples of people poking fun at Christ and writing books that contridict Bible doctrine many people base their lives on. Just the other day I heard a strory about some college students in Oregan who were drawing obscene pictures of Christ on the cross to mock him. Although Christians are equally offended as a Muslim would be, you have none of the dynamics in the Christian world that seek to do them bodily harm as you have in the world of Islam. Thus the lack of respect continues as does the derision. Don['t get me wrong, I am in no way endorsing the Islamic response. As a Christian we are to love our enemies and do good to those who persecute us. The Bible says to the Christian, "Vengence is mine, I will repay says the Lord." Islam has no such doctrine. In the mind of radical Islamists, God's vengence is carried out through them. I much prefer the Christian doctrine.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
There is no scandal. Only a hype produced and exploited by the Da Vinci Code's pr agency.

a

Meddling with things

Moves
22 May 06

I can't help it if what you percieve as a stereotype is the truth. Radical Islam will do violence to those who offend them which they have proven time and time again in the past. As I said in the other thread look at Salmon Rushdie and the Satanic Verses as well as the cartoons of Muhammad and the after effects felt by the Danish people. Now you hear of no ...[text shortened]... lamists, God's vengence is carried out through them. I much prefer the Christian doctrine.
Do you know any Muslims? Like personally, as in people you sit down at your break and have a cup of tea with?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by aardvarkhome
Do you know any Muslims? Like personally, as in people you sit down at your break and have a cup of tea with?
Muslims don't drink tea. They drink only the blood of infidels.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
There is no scandal. Only a hype produced and exploited by the Da Vinci Code's pr agency.
Will you see the movie?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Will you see the movie?
Of course not. It's rubbish.

When the film was shown at the Cannes film festival people would start laughing out loud during scenes which weren't meant to be funny at all.

I'd rather spend my money on something worth while.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 May 06

Just the other day I heard a strory about some college students in Oregan who were drawing obscene pictures of Christ on the cross to mock him. Although Christians are equally offended as a Muslim would be, you have none of the dynamics in the Christian world that seek to do them bodily harm as you have in the world of Islam.
Yeah, right. You don't think some redneck down in Texas wouldn't slug you out for this? Man, the Texans would have you beheaded if they had their way!

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Of course not. It's rubbish.

When the film was shown at the Cannes film festival people would start laughing out loud during scenes which weren't meant to be funny at all.

I'd rather spend my money on something worth while.
Did you see the picture of the birthday cake I made for an old priest before he died? www.hospices.org/social_work.htm . I made it in the shape of a bed with a quilt design he had been working on. He made quilts in his spare time.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 May 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Did you see the picture of the birthday cake I made for an old priest before he died? www.hospices.org/social_work.htm . I made it in the shape of a bed with a quilt design he had been working on. He made quilts in his spare time.
That's pretty cool, man!