Dalai Lama visit

Dalai Lama visit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Jun 11

Such a nice day. Such a cheery chap.
Those Tibetan bhuddists love embracing the diversities in the world. They seek to convert no one, and also want to learn about and preserve other cultures.
Awesome people.
The best question came from a young boy-"how did you get to be picked Dalai Lama?"
He said: "Oh thats a very long answer. But shortly they sent out of lot of search parties to look for me. After a while they found 3 babies that could've possibly have been me. One died. And out of the other two ...Well I won. "

Funny stuff.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Jun 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Those Tibetan bhuddists love embracing the diversities in the world. They seek to convert no one, and also want to learn about and preserve other cultures.
Awesome people.
The best question came from a young boy-"how did you get to be picked Dalai Lama?"
He said: "Oh thats a very long answer. But shortly they sen ...[text shortened]... possibly have been me. One died. And out of the other two ...Well I won. "

Funny stuff.
"After a while they found 3 babies that could've possibly have been me."

That's insanely egotistical.

rc

Moves
19 Jun 11

Originally posted by josephw
[b]"After a while they found 3 babies that could've possibly have been me."

That's insanely egotistical.[/b]
not really, there are requirements, its simply a matter of examining the children.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Jun 11

Awesome people.
He said: "Oh thats a very long answer. But shortly they sen ...[text shortened]... possibly have been me. One died. And out of the other two ...Well I won. "

Funny stuff.
Why don't you try to become one of these bhuddists if you are so
amoured by them.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 11

[b]"After a while they found 3 babies that could've possibly have been me."

That's insanely egotistical.[/b]
Thats what he said.
Also he did over state these "search parties" that were being sent out to find him.
He must've said "search parties" about 10 times.
Everyone thought it was real funny.

If you think he's egotistical, fine. But I wouldn't make that call about someone I haven't met and just took one of their lines out of context, but whatever floats your boat ...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Why don't you try to become one of these bhuddists if you are so
amoured by them.
Therein lies my power.

Dont worry, I also visit christian churches and religous/spiritual folk from all around.So does the Dalai Lama in exile. (That guys got a good life story, hollywood should snap it up)

T

Moves
19 Jun 11

Therein lies my power.

Dont worry, I also visit christian churches and religous/spiritual folk from all around.So does the Dalai Lama in exile. (That guys got a good life story, hollywood should snap it up)
I take it you never saw "Kundun"?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jun 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
I take it you never saw "Kundun"?
Ta mate... no I didn't see it, but I will now ...
(I'm no Tibetan scholar by any stretch)

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
not really, there are requirements, its simply a matter of examining the children.
What? Did he have a special mark on him that identified him as the jolly mama?

rc

Moves
20 Jun 11
1 edit

yes apparently he does.

w

Moves
20 Jun 11

[b]Such a nice day. Such a cheery chap.
Awesome people.
He said: "Oh thats a very long answer. But shortly they sen ...[text shortened]... babies that could've possibly have been me. One died. And out of the other two ...Well I won. "
Actually, that is not quite true. They first came to me but then I tried to explain to them that Christ came in the image of God and died for their sins. The next thing I knew they were running for the door. I believe their exact words were, "Give us three steps mister, give us three steps mister, give us three steps towards the door. Give us three steps mister and you will never see us no more......for sure!!!"

😛

rc

Moves
20 Jun 11

Originally posted by whodey
Actually, that is not quite true. They first came to me but then I tried to explain to them that Christ came in the image of God and died for their sins. The next thing I knew they were running for the door. I believe their exact words were, "Give us three steps mister, give us three steps mister, give us three steps towards the door. Give us three steps mister and you will never see us no more......for sure!!!"

😛
i dont think he was cuttin a rug in a place called jug with a girl named Linda Lou

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 11

Not only that , apparently the young infant has to choose the possesions and clothes of the last one.
Imagine a 2 or 3 year old picking the correct clothes from his predeccessor when the other monks are trying to fool him with objects/clothes that are similar but not the same as the last lama.

I guess the bottom line is that the Tibetans accept it, they accept the process of finding the next dalai lama, which makes them extremely gullible or extremely wise.

And lets not forget the wholesale slaughter of the peaceful Tibetans by the Chinese. To my knowledge they have not retributed with violence of any sort despite having their fellow countrymen killed like defensless animals.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey

😛
only three steps? 😛

edit: it may not be true, but it is a truism of eastern reeligons in general.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
23 Jun 11

Not only that , apparently the young infant has to choose the possesions and clothes of the last one.
Imagine a 2 or 3 year old picking the correct clothes from his predeccessor when the other monks are trying to fool him with objects/clothes that are similar but not the same as the last lama.

I guess the bottom line is that the Tibetans accept it, ...[text shortened]... with violence of any sort despite having their fellow countrymen killed like defensless animals.
Well,the Khampas a Tibetan tribe did fight against the Chinese occupation army,bravely too. The Khampas were either massacred or fled to India. The Chinese crushed a rebellion in Lhasa about 2 or 3 years ago. The Chinese are bent on subjugating Tibet and erasing its culture and religion.