1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 01:471 edit
    I just saw an old photo of Darwin and it struck me that he looked just like Saint Nick. Could it be that Darwin is/was Santa and used his theory of evolution to try and destroy peoples faith in Jesus to try and monopolize Christmas for himself? If it is true, it gives the whole evolution debate a completly new perspective to say the least.

Speculations?
  2. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 02:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    I just saw an old photo of Darwin and it struck me that he looked just like Saint Nick. Could it be that Darwin is/was Santa and used his theory of evolution to try and destroy peoples faith in Jesus to try and monopolize Christmas for himself? If it is true, it gives the whole evolution debate a completly new perspective to say the least.

Speculations?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Santa_Claus

The origins of Santa have nothing to do with Christmas.
    But then again, the birth of Jesus doesn't really have anything to do with Christmas as it is currently celebrated either.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 03:421 edit
    Originally posted by whiterose
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origins_of_Santa_Claus

The origins of Santa have nothing to do with Christmas.
    But then again, the birth of Jesus doesn't really have anything to do with Christmas as it is currently celebrated either.
    Indeed. The original Saint Nick appears to have had nothing to do with Christmas just like Bush appears to have had nothing to do with 9/11, but we know better, don't we?. In fact, you are probably just one of his elves doing his dirty work for him. It sounds like something Santa would want you to say., because you not only cast doubt on Santa's involvement but you also further diminish Jesus's role in the reason for the season. Very clever, but it ain't gonna fly Jack Frost!!

GIVE IT UP SANTA, THE GIGS UP!!!!!!!!!!
  4. Standard memberEAPOE
    Earl of Rochester
    Restoration London
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 04:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 04:156 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I rest my case. Do we need any futher evidence? I just wonder what took everyone so long....................................................wait a minute........whats that sound.....it sounds like noises coming from the chimney......HELP ME SOMEBO.................................................................................................

Edit: Please ignore his..er...I mean...my fanatical rants about Santa and his elves. After all, we all like to joke around now and then right? Now go back to playing chess like good little boys and girls cause Santa knows if you are being naughty or nice......not that he really exists of coarse which he does'nt. After all, if I were...er....I mean if he were real and know what you are doing 24/7, he would have to have survalience cameras following you everywhere you go and watching your every move..........and we know that's just crazy talk, right? So go back to playing chess now.

Ho, ho, ho, ho what a laugh that was. (And they wonder why I wear red all the time. Ho, ho, ho, ho)
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 07:14

Speculations?
    You're mistaken. Santa is really......KARL MARX!!!!

Now there's a resemblance for you. Dress him in RED and it's jolly ol' Santa. Then he's redistributing all the wealth by giving presents to the poor.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 07:16

Speculations?
    Damn right. Us heathens want our holiday back!

http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org/tracts/tract3.html
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 08:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You're mistaken. Santa is really......KARL MARX!!!!

Now there's a resemblance for you. Dress him in RED and it's jolly ol' Santa. Then he's redistributing all the wealth by giving presents to the poor.
    Alfred Lawn Tennyson is another candidate.

Let's face it, any Victorian patriarch with a good facial bush would do the trick.

I nominate Paul Kruger.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 14:36

Speculations?
    Darwin wasn't Santa, but Santa was his ancestor. Darwin was the next step in evolution.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    22 Dec '06 17:18
    Santa Karl promises to put Peace, Land and Presents under your tree this year:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/rwingett/Santa_Karl.jpg
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Dec '06 02:18

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree