"Darwin Loves You"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
05 Jun 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
That statement is rife with incongruity. For instance, the 'nice people' who swallow: what brings them to that stage, if not the action of the supposed 'mean people?' Is a mean person's disposition miraculously altered at a point in time? At one point, they are mean and therefore, sucking; in an instant, they are changed, now nice, and obligingly, they ...[text shortened]... ng, triggers the epiglottis to willingly accept matter into the trachea? Harumph, harumph.
How far down this road are you willing to go?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 Jun 06

Originally posted by Wulebgr
It could be taken that way, but you must presume both an open mind and a certain Christlikeness among the xtian displaying the message. Unfortunately, in many parts of the United States, the available evidence strongly tilts away from such presumption.
Whereas many (vocal) parts may be both closed minded and ironically non-Christian, there is a
quiet group of Christians (many of whom are scientists) who feel that their religion and the
theory of evolution are perfectly compatible. I would have to imagine that this bumper sticker
(Jesus loves Darwin) was a product of such a viewpoint.

Any other reading makes less or no sense, as far as I can see.

Nemesio

a

Meddling with things

Moves
05 Jun 06

Why do (some) christians assume that scientists worship Darwin?

I spent a little time in a shrine to science yesterday. My son and I sat in the courtyard of the Eagle pub in Benn'et St Cambridge. Crick and Watson are said to have announced the structure of DNA in the pub in 1953.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Jun 06

Originally posted by Wulebgr
How far down this road are you willing to go?
How far are you suggesting?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
05 Jun 06

Originally posted by telerion
That would be sweet irony.
and him and god are laughing their butts off at young earth creationists...

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 Jun 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
and him and god are laughing their butts off at young earth creationists...
Among other things, to be sure.

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
06 Jun 06
1 edit

That statement is rife with incongruity. For instance, the 'nice people' who swallow: what brings them to that stage, if not the action of the supposed 'mean people?' Is a mean person's disposition miraculously altered at a point in time? At one point, they are mean and therefore, sucking; in an instant, they are changed, now nice, and obligingly, they ...[text shortened]... ng, triggers the epiglottis to willingly accept matter into the trachea? Harumph, harumph.
Okay, for those that aren't familiar with the age old art of fellatio there is very little sucking going on if the person performing it is skilled. Licking and stimulation through a head bobbing motion, but very little actual sucking. After all, it isn't a straw.

I would suggest you play a tad less chess and get out there and find a woman (or man if that be your preference) and gather a little practical knowledge on the subject.

**We do, of course, know that the people that make bumper stickers are of the same ilk as the t-shirt makers, right? Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 Jun 06

Originally posted by CliffLandin
Okay, for those that aren't familiar with the age old art of fellatio there is very little sucking going on if the person performing it is skilled. Licking and stimulation through a head bobbing motion, but very little actual sucking. After all, it isn't a straw.

I would suggest you play a tad less chess and get out there and find a woman (or man if ...[text shortened]... ckers are of the same ilk as the t-shirt makers, right? Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Thanks for the tip (and bringing everything to a head). Do come again.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
06 Jun 06

Thanks for the tip (and bringing everything to a head). Do come again.
That's a bit further than I expected. Do go on.