1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I'll not waste any more time with this quarrel.
    Show where coherence breaks down, if you can.
    Can? I think you mean, if I will. In the name of chivalry, I'll give you one. This was posted by you:

That you identified me as the historian who has spent twenty-five years studying this issue was a correct assumption, although you gave no indication that you recognized that you were making such an assumption.

What makes this incoherent is that I never identified you as "the historian" and yet you go so far as to say I also gave no indication of doing the same. To whom does this make sense?

If you will write grammatically correct sentences that express clear ideas (I'll overlook your horrendous spelling), I'll be more than happy to engage in the debate.
    Either I possess the amazing ability to transmit my ideas via telepathic means, or your criticism is self-contradictory. How can you respond to the ideas I am posting, if, indeed I am not making them clear?
    With respect to the charge of writing grammatically incorrect sentences, I would challenge you with this query: WWBD? [What Would Bowmann Do] Be a good sport and correct my errors in grammatical construction, won't you? You seem so intent to change my mind about such insignificant nonsense, the least you could do is sharpen my communication skills along the way.

BTW, others who have corrupted my name on this site have at least demonstrated comprehension of its correct pronunciation and its meaning. Where do you find the mule?
    Well. it was a bit of a stretch, but my thinking went like this: wule is very close to mule, being only one letter off. Boogar was a simple sounds-like proposition. Nothing really fancy, I'm afraid.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 15:26
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I didn't say you started anything. I said you have a tendency when you reach a certain point to go ape and chuck cr@p at people. Weirdly Darwinian, even.
    Ape? I wasn't even to the level of monkey. His post was non-sensical; my calling it what is was had nothing to do with any of the ideas, per se, just the lack of coherence.
    I doubt anyone here could get me to the level of ape or personal attacks. Only my wife is able to do that.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 15:28
    The biggest Dick in sociobiology is a plagiarist! Pray tell, give me the references to his accusers.
    Dang. I had found a lovely conspiracy theory, but can't locate it now. In light of the unfortunate event, I renounce the plagiarism part, until I find the references.
  4. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 16:36
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    the least you could do is sharpen my communication skills along the way.
    Bowmann is one of a kind; I engage in such proofreading far less often. I get enough of that stuff at work.

Frankly, I lack the time to begin providing you with the education that you missed. A few short lessons will not be enough. As I've already stated this morning, I'm finished with our quarrel. When you show the ability to engage in reasoned debate, I may continue.

I meant "can," which is why I used that word. You will do what you wish, your abilities remain in question.

Despite bordering upon incoherence, I'm able to glean enough of the general intent of your communication to respond to parts of it. I have a lot of practice deciphering incompetent writing (as all teachers do), so it should not surprise that I comprehend part of what you're struggling to say.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 16:58
    I meant "can," which is why I used that word. You will do what you wish, your abilities remain in question.
    Heck, you question God, so I guess I'm in pretty good company.

You asked me to illuminate you with your lack of coherence. This I have done, and am awaiting your response. Or, was my post too incompetently incomprehensible and incoherent for you to follow?
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 17:46
    Heck, you question God, so I guess I'm in pretty good company.
    You presume too much. No where in the thousands of posts I've made here (or any where else that you can read) have I questioned God. I challenge you to show otherwise.

Your grandiose delusion can be treated with proper medication and psychotherapy, if it is not too late.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 17:55
    You asked me to illuminate you with your lack of coherence.
    Your confusion of syntax is incoherent, although I can decipher it.

I did not ask you to shine a light in my direction.

Show where coherence breaks down, if you can.

You might take this as a request for illumination of a failure of communication, but the light should be directed toward the post rather than the eyes of the poster. Precisely because you repeatedly fail to distinguish between the thoughts (which you distort) and the thinker (whom you malign), I lack interest in the quarrel.

Debates interest me, quarrels do not.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 18:28
    Your confusion of syntax is incoherent, although I can decipher it.

I did not ask you to shine a light in my direction.

[b]Show where coherence breaks down, if you can.

You might take this as a request for illumination of a failure of communication, but the light should be directed toward the post rather than ...[text shortened]... nker (whom you malign), I lack interest in the quarrel.

Debates interest me, quarrels do not.[/b]
    You are in the spotlight of your incoherent post, and you still fidget, saying nothing.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 18:341 edit
    You presume too much. No where in the thousands of posts I've made here (or any where else that you can read) have I questioned God. I challenge you to show otherwise.

Your grandiose delusion can be treated with proper medication and psychotherapy, if it is not too late.
    Why set forth a challenge when you have no intent to follow-up on its acceptance? Because it sounds manly?
    You challenged me to prove the incoherency of your post, which I did, and you have yet to respond. I'll not waste my time further on your empty posturing.

EDIT: Without trying, I stumbled on this little tidbit, posted by you, just a scant few minutes ago:

However, since I am not among those who attribute authority to the so-called New Testament, I though it best to leave others to answer.
    Kind of flies in the face of your claim, doesn't it? Don't bother not answering; I can hear you fidgeting on this one, too.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    18 Feb '06 01:57
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]...or even plain sense readings of certain scriptures...

I would say especially “plain sense readings,” if you mean literalistic/historicistic readings.[/b]
    There's a world of difference between the plain sense of a text and literalist readings of the sort we learn from fundamentalists. Indeed, these often are opposites.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Feb '06 02:151 edit
    There's a world of difference between the plain sense of a text and literalist readings of the sort we learn from fundamentalists. Indeed, these often are opposites.
    Vistesd steps dangerously near the precipice. One more step means making a concession that, if he saw it, he would not make—indeed, that ought not to be made. His foot swings out, he topples over the edge—

Wulebgr reaches out, grabs vistesd by the suspenders and yanks him back to solid ground, with a deft flick of the wrist slaps him to sensibility.

“Thanks. I needed that!”
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    18 Feb '06 02:18
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Vistesd steps dangerously near the precipice. One more step means making a concession that, if he saw it, he would not make—indeed, that ought not to be made. His foot swings out, he topples over the edge—

Wulebgr reaches out, grabs vistesd by the suspenders and yanks him back to solid ground.

“Thanks. I needed that!”
    Remnds me of my missionary days, saving folks and all. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree