1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:49
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    Inciting religious hatred.
    His crime was inciting religious hatred. In what way did he incite religious hatred?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Is there any moral issue you seek to discuss here? If so, could you reiterate it?
    No there is no moral issue I wish to discuss.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:511 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The issue is not about me, the issue is whether you can be condemned for thinking and saying 'stuff'. If you are unable or unwilling to stick to the script then perhaps this is not the thread for you. Strike one.
    But if you had read Dasa's posts, and you had agreed with others here that it constituted vicious and repeated hate speech, would you - in that situation reserve the right - to alert his posts and justifiably seek their removal?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:53
    His crime was inciting religious hatred. In what way did he incite religious hatred?
    If you wanted to know this kind of thing, why didn't you read his posts?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    But if you had read Dasa's posts, and you had agreed with others here that it constituted vicious and repeated hate speech, would you - in that reserve the right - to alert his posts and justifiably seek their removal?
    Dasa has the right to express his thoughts, that they are hateful does not constitute a crime or a reason for banning him, he needs to engage in some overt action for it to constitute a crime. If you are unable or unwilling to refrain from further attempts to make the debate personal i shall ignore your texts completely. strike two.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:551 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you wanted to know this kind of thing, why didn't you read his posts?
    strike three - cya
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:581 edit
    No there is no moral issue I wish to discuss.
    If there are no moral issues pertaining to what he thought and said, and no moral issues pertaining to how people dealt with him, and no moral issues pertaining to his posts being deleted and him getting banned, what is the issue that you wish to discuss, and if it's not a moral issue, what kind of issue is it?
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 May '16 12:59
    He claimed all Muslims were terrorists, rapists, liked having sex with donkeys etc and advocated executing all Muslims pre-emptively to protect society from them.
  9. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 May '16 13:00
    Dasa has the right to express his thoughts, that they are hateful does not constitute a crime or a reason for banning him, he needs to engage in some overt action for it to constitute a crime. If you are unable or unwilling to refrain from further attempts to make the debate personal i shall ignore your texts completely. strike two.
    As I said before, expressing them was a crime.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 13:02
    He claimed all Muslims were terrorists, rapists, liked having sex with donkeys etc and advocated executing all Muslims pre-emptively to protect society from them.
    yes but that is abusive speech, its not inciting anyone else to an overt act of violence.

It is important to note that the offence applies only to words that are threatening, not simply ‘abusive’ or ‘insulting’ which protects criticism of groups for their religious, or lack of religious, beliefs.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/discrimination-law/inciting-hatred.htm#

thus being abusive is not enough
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 13:031 edit
    double post - sorry
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 May '16 13:04
    yes but that is abusive speech, its not inciting anyone else to an overt act of violence
    But how can you make this claim if you are also claiming that you didn't read his posts?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 13:051 edit
    As I said before, expressing them was a crime.
    No I don't think it was a crime, yes the texts were abusive and hateful but being abusive is not enough to constitute a crime.
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    01 May '16 13:09
    Seems to me if you didn't like what the man was saying... simply ignoring his posts would have been the way to go rather goading him on by conversing when he was spewing such hatred.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 May '16 13:11
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Seems to me if you didn't like what the man was saying... simply ignoring his posts would have been the way to go rather goading him on by conversing when he was spewing such hatred.
    Yes from what I can discern he was set up by the thought police.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree