Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Is this "Christian perspective" which you claim affects "the definition of rape" also your own perspective?
Again this is more slime. Please not dear reader the assumed value that the argument contains that being that what was presented was my own perspective. Despite being told that it was not a personal perspective our slimey friend insists that it must be. How transparent, how underhand and how so thoroughly tedious to have to point it out.

The idea of giving up authority over ones own body in marriage is actually in the Bible, how an alleged Christian of some twenty years could fail to have knowledge of this is truly astonishing.

F

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
again this is more slime, please not dear reader the assumed value that the argument contains that what was presented was my own perspective. Despite being told that it was not a personal perspective our slimey friend insists that it must be.
Actually, I simply asked you: is the "Christian perspective" on rape, as you described it, also your own perspective on rape?

F

Moves
14 May 16

The idea of giving up authority over ones own body in marriage is actually in the Bible, how an alleged Christian of some twenty years could fail to have knowledge of this is truly astonishing.
I was a Christian who believed that a man forcing his wife to have sex against her will was guilty of rape.

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Actually, I simply asked you: is the "Christian perspective" on rape, as you described it, also your own perspective on rape?
The Christian perspective on rape? I have no idea what 'the Christian perspective on rape' actually is? Perhaps you can enlighten us?

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
I was a Christian who believed that a man forcing his wife to have sex against her will was guilty of rape.
yes but you also like to go around masquerading as a women, but we wont talk about that.

F

Moves
14 May 16

The Christian perspective on rape? I have no idea what 'the Christian perspective on rape' actually is? Perhaps you can enlighten us?
On page 30 you said this: "...the argument concerns a Christian perspective and the idea of consent, infcat its rather interesting that a Christian man or women cedes authority over their own bodies when they are married and what implications this has under the definition of rape. it does not apply to anyone who is not married or who is not a Christian

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
On page 30 you said this: "...the argument concerns [b]a Christian perspective and the idea of consent, infcat its rather interesting that a Christian man or women cedes authority over their own bodies when they are married and what implications this has under the definition of rape. it does not apply to anyone who is not married or who is not a Christian[/b]
yes but so what? Its a reference to the Christian perspective of marriage, not of rape.

F

Moves
14 May 16

yes but you also like to go around masquerading as a women, but we wont talk about that.
So, I was Christian who believed that men forcing their wives to have sex against their will were guilty of rape in any and all circumstances. It is still my belief to this day. Do you share my view?

F

Moves
14 May 16

yes but so what? Its a reference to the Christian perspective of marriage, not of rape.
You claimed "the Christian perspective" [that you described] affected "the definition of rape" because it affected the definition of "consent".

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
So, I was Christian who believed that men forcing their wives to have sex against their will were guilty of rape in any and all circumstances. It is still my belief to this day. Do you share my view?
I am uninterested in expressing any personal convictions.. I am interested in objective rational debate. Of interest to me is that you seem to have utterly failed to grasp the actual argument that was being proffered and have once again reduced it to your own personal perspective as if that has any bearing on it when it fact it does not even address it.

If you were a Christian as you allege, what have you got to say about ceding authority over your own body to someone else and the implications this has.

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You claimed "the Christian perspective" [that you described] affected "the definition of rape" because it affected the definition of "consent".
It was the Christian perspective of marriage, anyone with an ounce of understanding can deduce this from the context because it mentions ceding authority over ones own body as is outlined in scripture for married people. Once again it seems we are battling against your ignorance. here it is here,

For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 1 Corinthians 7:4,5

F

Moves
14 May 16

If you were a Christian as you allege, what have you got to say about ceding authority over your own body to someone else and the implications this has.
I think it is a reference to the notion of monogamous union written a couple of thousand years ago. I do not believe it can in any way be used to alter the definition of rape or to characterize an act of rape within marriage as not being rape because of some sort of post-dated ongoing "consent".

F

Moves
14 May 16

I am uninterested in expressing any personal convictions.
So your personal perspective on rape in marriage is a secret?

F

Moves
14 May 16

For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 1 Corinthians 7:4,5
Does this mean to you that a Christian man can compel his wife to have sex when she doesn't want to or is your personal perspective on this matter confidential?

F

Moves
14 May 16

It's pretty clear that there was no justification for the thread called "Evidence Ignored in Moving Between Forums?" being deleted.