Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Are you passing judgement?

I didn't think you did that...
noting that someone is guilty is not the same as condemning them, your guilt is after all a reflection of no one but you.

F

Moves
15 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
noting that someone is guilty is not the same as condemning them, your guilt is after all a reflection of no one but you.
"Guilty" of what? And who has judged them to be "guilty" if not you?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 16

did you believe the genocidal claims that Dasa made? did you goad him after he made these claims to make further hateful utterances?
No to your second question, but your first question is ill conceived.

Did I believe his genocidal claims? Do you mean did I think he was going to commit genocide?! Of course not you numpty. Did I believe his 'calls' for genocide were genuine and hateful? Absolutely, and it was this incitement and vilifying of an entire people/religion that led to his ban. That was all him, he didn't require goading from onyone.

You chose to ignore his comments because they were not vilifying 'you.' The vilifying of others you have no stance on and eagerly wag your finger at those who did have a problem with such vilification. All this goes out the window however when the vilifying is at your expense. When that happens it's suddenly okay to object to the vilifying and have someone banned.

You can't have it both ways Robbie, and deep down I think you know that. There is a glaring hypocrisy in this whole saga that really does leave you looking like a plucked chicken. Man up dude and smell the coffee. (Arabica beans recommended).

rc

Moves
15 May 16
2 edits

No to your second question, but your first question is ill conceived.

Did I believe his genocidal claims? Do you mean did I think he was going to commit genocide?! Of course not you numpty. Did I believe his 'calls' for genocide were genuine and hateful? Absolutely, and it was this incitement and vilifying of an entire people/religion that led to ...[text shortened]... u looking like a plucked chicken. Man up dude and smell the coffee. (Arabica beans recommended).
But my dear sir we have yet to establish the degree of your complicity.

Had you not let the miscreant be is it not so that his hateful speech would have dissipated into nothingness like raindrops that fall in the turdra and whose vastness makes it so that no one shall ever hear them? Instead by your confrontation and involvement you yourself provided a platform, nay an extended platform in which this hate speech could not only manifest itself but thrive and grow and imbue all it touched with its poisonous intent? Did you not provide questions and retorts and admonitions which were like nutrients to its cause fanning the flames of his hatred? Yes indeed the evidence is incontrovertible!

I by contrast refused to give vent to the seething utterances knowing that in doing so it would deprive them of their sting and energy and they would be neutralised as acid does alkali becoming harmless and benign. Even this course of wisdom was subject to your lack of sound judgement and you attempted to use it as a pretext for accusations of Wendyism when in fact its subtle intricacies were hidden from before you.

One should not attempt to pluck a chicken while wearing boxes gloves sir! Just sayin.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 16

But my dear sir we have yet to establish the degree of your complicity.

Had you not let the miscreant be is it not so that his hateful speech would have dissipated into nothingness like raindrops that fall in the turdra and whose vastness makes it so that no one shall ever hear them? Instead by your confrontation and involvement you yourself pr ...[text shortened]... you.

One should not attempt to pluck a chicken while wearing boxes gloves sir! Just sayin.
To some degree, you have a valid point. Sometimes in life it is indeed a better option to simply ignore the ravings of a lunatic. 99 times out of a 100 if you don't feed the flame, it goes out.

Dasa however was a different kind of flame, and I don't think you really get that, even now. He was the 1 in a 100 who's flames continued to burn their unwelcome heat, even when ignored. Indeed, the more he went unchallenged the more he believed he was speaking the truth, and subsequently the more he posted. His unique kind of hatred would never have dissipated. Your approach would not have worked on him, and if we had all followed your lead he would still now be creating multiple threads vilifying Muslims and calling for their destruction, more convinced then ever that our silence validated the truth of what he posted. (This of course would be dreadful for the site and for any unfortunate newbies who stumbled into our forums to find a proliferation of uncontested hatred).

I genuinely ask that you take a little time to reflect on this, and resist the urge to immediately respond with your usual bravado. And please remember, a plucked chicken looks decidedly ridiculous when it tries to ruffle up its own feathers.

F

Moves
15 May 16

Found "guilty" by some sort of supposedly detached and anonymous judgement which robbie carrobie hands down to those who disagree with him while also disavowing any personal accountability in making the condemnation; what better example than this of aspiring "thought police" has been provided so far on this thread?

rc

Moves
15 May 16

To some degree, you have a valid point. Sometimes in life it is indeed a better option to simply ignore the ravings of a lunatic. 99 times out of a 100 if you don't feed the flame, it goes out.

Dasa however was a different kind of flame, and I don't think you really get that, even now. He was the 1 in a 100 who's flames continued to burn their unw ...[text shortened]... ember, a plucked chicken looks decidedly ridiculous when it tries to ruffle up its own feathers.
I am in deep meditation as we speak!

F

Moves
15 May 16

You can't have it both ways Robbie, and deep down I think you know that. There is a glaring hypocrisy in this whole saga that really does leave you looking like a plucked chicken.
I shall use my share of the plucked feathers as fuel to keep the Glaring Hypocrisy Detector next to my computer running at all times.

rc

Moves
15 May 16
10 edits

Originally posted by FMF
I shall use my share of the plucked feathers as fuel to keep the Glaring Hypocrisy Detector next to my computer running at all times.
Your share? man the only feathers that you managed to glean are turkey feathers that fell
from your own a$$ 😵 Duchess64 apprehended, prosecuted and jailed, case closed.
Mission accomplished! Dasa successfully defended, miscreants FMF, Ghost of a Duke,
apprehended and made to testify that his texts were fantasy. Case closed. Mission
accomplished!

I can see the Duchess now stomping up and down, scoring lines on her cell wall to count
the days, howling at the moon and plotting her revenge, good times 😀😀😀

Robbie 1 Duchess64 and the hounds of gloom 0

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 16
1 edit

Your share? man the only feathers that you managed to glean are turkey feathers that fell
from your own a$$ 😵 Duchess64 apprehended, prosecuted and jailed, case closed.
Mission accomplished! Dasa successfully defended, miscreants FMF, Ghost of a Duke,
apprehended and made to testify that his texts were fantasy. Case closed. Mission
accompli ...[text shortened]... moon and plotting her revenge, good times 😀😀😀

Robbie 1 Duchess64 and the hounds of gloom 0
So, no joy with the quiet reflection, hey?

(And for the record, my last post destroyed you on multiple levels, barely leaving you with your giblets attached).

rc

Moves
15 May 16
1 edit

So, no joy with the quiet reflection, hey?

(And for the record, my last post destroyed you on multiple levels, barely leaving you with your giblets attached).
Your last post was pure unadulterated Wendyism, i had not the heart to tell you old bean.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 May 16
1 edit

Your last post was pure unadulterated Wendyism, i had not the heart to tell you old bean.
Then sir you failed to read it with due consideration, pretending to meditate on it, while in truth eating seven family sized kit-kats.

D

Moves
31 May 16

D

Moves
31 May 16

D

Moves
31 May 16