Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
31 May 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
1) Nothing that I wrote about Robbie Carrobie was untrue. At least several other diverse writers have corroborated the factual accuracy of my statements about Robbie Carrobie.

I think this is true.

2) Everything that I wrote about Robbie Carrobie *already* had been expressed (sometimes in at least as harsh terms) by at least several other diverse writers before I was banned. And everything that I wrote about Robbie Carrobie was expressed *again* by at least several other diverse writers after I was banned.

I think this is true too.

As such, the forum moderator has shown that he has no higher standards than some of the trolls who infest RHP. Other people have let me know that they also are upset with the poor (and blatantly inconsistent) 'forum moderation' that allows extremely abusive lying trolls to thrive.

The problem you face may lie, in part, with the fact that in your interactions with people you very often end up calling them "extremely abusive lying trolls" or "pathological liars" or words to that effect. Very, very often, it has to be said. And you say such things to a diverse range of community members whose various degrees of guilt do not seem to be reflected in the language you use to express your reprimands.

Meanwhile, you are the target of similar insults and reprimands, incessantly so, which - as I have seen for myself - can often be quite insulting too. This may have led to a situation where the moderator felt he or she had the support of a sufficient proportion of the community (I'm thinking more of the Debates Forum) to punish you, regardless of the injustice you have felt, and which has been felt by those who've supported you and expressed dissatisfaction with your treatment (and the hypocrisy of certain people involved) on this thread.

D

Moves
31 May 16
1 edit

F

Moves
31 May 16
1 edit

I'm not defending robbie and I'm not accusing you of anything specific in your use of language in the thread here in which you criticized him... although, thinking of that deleted thread, which I contributed to, I seem to remember ~ as right as you may have been ~ that your OP sounded a lot like your inimitable Debate Forum denunciation/disdain posts.

The point I was making about why you have been discriminated against is that it may have been caused by resentment that has built up over time because of your style, and the moderator's bias - if that's indeed what the problem is - may have been to side with that part of the community that dislikes what you bring to it.

F

Moves
31 May 16

I'm not sure who you think is trying to argue that your treatment has been "good, wise, and fair", aside perhaps from robbie. If someone else has tried to do that in a post then I mustn't have read it yet.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
31 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Your share? man the only feathers that you managed to glean are turkey feathers that fell
from your own a$$ 😵 Duchess64 apprehended, prosecuted and jailed, case closed.
Mission accomplished! Dasa successfully defended, miscreants FMF, Ghost of a Duke,
apprehended and made to testify that his texts were fantasy. Case closed. Mission
accompli ...[text shortened]... moon and plotting her revenge, good times 😀😀😀

Robbie 1 Duchess64 and the hounds of gloom 0
Robbie 1 Duchess64

D

Moves
31 May 16

D

Moves
01 Jun 16
6 edits

F

Moves
01 Jun 16
1 edit

No, not really. I comment on some of the daft and unpleasant things robbie says but not all of them. I don't think I've ever talked about "white American males", so robbie's attempted "funny" banter is nonsensical and off-target.

D

Moves
01 Jun 16

F

Moves
01 Jun 16

Presumably robbie enjoys the kind of responses from you that he provokes.

D

Moves
01 Jun 16
1 edit

F

Moves
02 Jun 16

Maybe so, but I never get angry with him and never reply to his daft insults 'in kind', and this seems to frustrate him. When he starts refusing to respond to your posts, then you know you've drawn blood, so to speak.

D

Moves
02 Jun 16
1 edit

F

Moves
02 Jun 16

I didn't say you did. I was talking about what appears to me to frustrate robbie in my interactions with him (and of course makes all his daft insults seem so pointless).

F

Moves
02 Jun 16

Perhaps he's enjoyed the response he's already got from you. I read your big set piece 'sounds like you've said it all numerous times before' condemnation of him on that thread. I am pretty sure robbie will have enjoyed it. It'll certainly be water off a duck's back to him. Not one word of it will have stung him, assuming that was your intent.