1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 02:001 edit
    How many of us like to be lectured? No one really does, because we like to express ourselves. Its important to us that our opinions are valued, or at very least acknowledged. Even if the content is important and interesting, if it is presented in a dictatorial manner, we feel aggrieved. We may even give the perception that our words are of more importance than those to whom we are dictating to, simply being content to dump information upon them. This is not the way of a teacher, for a teacher must reason with his students, to draw out of them, as deep water in a well, what they know to be true already, and to try to impart understanding, so that they can readily discern with their own minds, the import of what we are trying to say. This appears to me to have been Dasas greatest failing, an inability to engage with others and to reason with them in harmony with his own beliefs. It is a tragedy, for no doubt he had many good and interesting things to impart, thus the message, the content itself, has been obscured by the delivery.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 02:15
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This appears to me to have been Dasas greatest failing, an inability to engage with others and to reason with them in harmony with his own beliefs. It is a tragedy, for no doubt he had many good and interesting things to impart, thus the message, the content itself, has been obscured by the delivery.
    Agreed. Dasa does cut a tragic figure for the reasons you have said.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 02:20
    Yeah thnkx, Rob.
    I dont think any sort of "teaching" thing was going to work on here anyhows..
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 02:271 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah thnkx, Rob.
    I dont think any sort of "teaching" thing was going to work on here anyhows..
    But your support for Dasa's "patience" - you describe yourself as standing shoulder to shoulder with him in dealing with non-villifying engagement - certainly teaches us something about your true nature.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 02:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    But your support for Dasa's "patience" - you describe yourself as standing shoulder to shoulder with him in dealing with non-villifying engagement - certainly teaches us something about your true nature.
    Yeah so does a lot of other things I post about, so what about it?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 03:023 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yeah so does a lot of other things I post about, so what about it?
    You can't bear to think that some people might find you wishy washy, craven and completely unimpressive. Posters left right and centre heap insults upon Dasa, and you come out against one of the few posters who declined to insult him, who was patient and measured, who constantly asserted Dasa's right to believe what he wants about himself, who congratulated and encouraged him on his own lifestyle choices and who engaged him on his assertions - reincarnation, nature of authority, vegetarianism, sex, scriptures, speculation about the supernatural - and I have never tried to silence him, or intimidate him, or urged him to go (unless he himself wants to) .

And yet when push comes to shove, after all the raw abuse he has heaped upon me, and his utter contempt for my belief system, and his unwillingness to engage me or answer any questions, you declare to Dasa... "I stand shoulder to shoulder with you on your view of this FMF situation. [...] I am quite pleased at the patience you have shown with dealing with this FMF character." Just goes to show that there is a generous dollop of grotty fickleness and rootless lack of decency evident inside you too. That's all. Sorry you had to hear it from me.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 05:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    You can't bear to think that some people might find you wishy washy, craven and completely unimpressive. Posters left right and centre heap insults upon Dasa, and you come out against one of the few posters who declined to insult him, who was patient and measured, who constantly asserted Dasa's right to believe what he wants about himself, who congratulated and ...[text shortened]... tless lack of decency evident inside you too. That's all. Sorry you had to hear it from me.
    You are exaggerating and manipulating my comments, when you say I am abusive.

When someone acts foolishly I say they are a fool.

When someone is dishonest ....I say stop being dishonest.

You constantly post up my comments out of context, to make them seem negative and then attempt to create straw man complaints about me....but your complaints are all constructed from your angry bewildered mind....and are only fabricated.

If any person takes the time to read my posts where you have complained about something, and read 10 post before that, they will see the falsity in your claims, because to read my posts in context is a totally different experience, and when you get hold of my comments and twist their meaning, they only seem negative when taken out of context by you.

Your expertise in the English language, gives you the ability to subtly manipulate my comments and post them up to come across abusive........and this is your game playing and dishonesty.

It is impossible for you to quote any of my comments correctly, because you are trying to create a picture of me as an abusive person to the other posters.....but I am the most least abusive person in the world, for to be a truly abusive a person, I would have to have the intention of abuse in my heart.....but I have no intention of abuse anywhere in my consciousness.

My words are harsh,.....but I am not abusive and one would have to talk face to face with me to be aware of this.

Where I have said people are like hogs dogs camels and asses.....it is an example of how people live their lives, and it is an analogy of the soughts, and is straight out of the pages of Vedanta.........yes that's true, these words are from Vedanta, they are not my words.

........and it means how ignorant persons are chasing after sex their whole life just like the animals do.........and if you know anything about human nature then you will see that what I say is perfectly true (there is no abuse) just plain truth.

I have said from the very beginning that I am here to present truth and if some one is not truthful, then I will say that directly to them......that is not being abusive, but truthful.

It is abusive to teach children that there is no intelligence responsible for this magnificent creation we find ourselves living with.

It is abusive to say there are no instructions from God....just because you choose to whimsically reject everything that resembles an instruction from God because you speculate about almost everything.

It is abusive to say that the perfect universe came from a random explosion and then life just popped into existence without cause.

It is abusive to say that chemicals act under their own volition to gives us all the mind boggling complexity of life, and that their is no Supreme Spiritual Cause.

It is abusive to say that anyone that does not accept Christianity will burn in hell fore eternity.

It is abusive to say God is pleased when we slaughter animals by the billions, just to satisfy our uncontrolled senses......when we all know that 100 acres of land can feed 10 times more people with crops, than to use the same 100 acres of land for animal fattening.

Wake up.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 05:37
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You have compared me to a 7 year old child with cerebral palsy. You have compared me and my wife having sex to dogs having sex. You have compared me to a pig eating feces. These were your comments. Not me manipulating your comments. You have some cheek claiming that they are not abusive comments
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 05:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have compared me to a 7 year old child with cerebral palsy. You have compared me and my wife having sex to dogs having sex. You have compared me to a pig eating feces. These were your comments. Not me manipulating your comments. You have some cheek claiming that they are not abusive comments
    These are out of context and you know it.....stop being untruthful

Post up the 10 posts and response proceeding that comment, and you will see that all is well......because it will be in context and you will see that you are fabricating.

Stop clogging up the forum with your nonsense untruthful verbiage.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 05:44
    Post up the 10 posts and response proceeding that comment, and you will see that all is well......because it will be in context and you will see that you are fabricating.
    What possible '10 post context' could justify comparing me to a 7 year old child with cerebral palsy or me and my wife having sex to dogs having sex or comparing me to a pig eating feces? We simply have different belief systems Dasa, and I do not seek to replace yours with my own. Why do you feel the need to insult and abuse people who have honest disagreements with you?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 05:51
    It is impossible for you to quote any of my comments correctly, because you are trying to create a picture of me as an abusive person to the other posters.....but I am the most least abusive person in the world, for to be a truly abusive a person, I would have to have the intention of abuse in my heart.....but I have no intention of abuse anywhere in my consciousness.
    Have I taken the above words out of context?
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 06:351 edit

When someone acts foolishly I say they are a fool.

When someone is dishonest ....I say stop being dishonest.

You constantly post up my comments out of context, to make them seem negative and then attempt to create straw man complaints about me....but your complaints are all ore people with crops, than to use the same 100 acres of land for animal fattening.

Wake up.
    Dasa, you just don't understand the small box you live in. Step out of it into the bigger box, and then the bigger box. You would never psychologically ever be able to go back to living in the small box you live in now. You are afraid to leave your little box, because the bigger boxes are unknowns.

You may indeed call people dishonest. But your interpretation of dishonesty is only your 'small' opinion from your small box. You can't possibly see the opinion of the bigger boxes until you have 'really' left your small box for a good while.

Foolishness exists in your small box too! It exists everywhere, and whether intended or not, it is everywhere. But do you think you have the right to call out and accuse, from your small box, to the bigger boxes that they are fools?

You admit your words are harsh. Are these the words of a teacher? I never raise a doubt or raise my voice to my children, as they are the empowered, not me. For your obsession with persons chasing after sex, in general, this is completely abnormal, and would be a co-indicator that you yourself were abused. Heed my words, people in general do not go lusting after sex as a general rule. In fact, people are generally very respectful to sex and partners, especially in the Western world - they live monogamous relationships as valued ones as a whole. So your view on human nature is twisted, at the very least!

Wake up.

-m.

A
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 06:451 edit
    It is abusive to say there are no instructions from God....just because you choose to whimsically reject everything that resembles an instruction from God because you speculate about almost everything.
    I haven't received 'instructions from God'. I don't think you have received 'instructions from God' either. "...Everything that resembles an instruction from God", as you put it, is the domain of religionists. I am not a religionsist. I believe you are being sincere and honest when you claim to know what 'God's instructions' are. I personally don't think you know what they are. Just as I don't. I don't believe there are any. How can you possibly claim it is "abusive" of me to say this?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 06:46
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Dasa, you just don't understand the small box you live in. Step out of it into the bigger box, and then the bigger box. You would never psychologically ever be able to go back to living in the small box you live in now. You are afraid to leave your little box, because the bigger boxes are unknowns.

You may indeed call people dishonest. But your intrpretat ...[text shortened]... whole. So your view on human nature is twisted, at the very least!

Wake up.

-m.

A
    Rec'd.
  15. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    27 Mar '11 07:02
    Originally posted by mikelom

You may indeed call people dishonest. But your intrpretat ...[text shortened]... whole. So your view on human nature is twisted, at the very least!

Wake up.

-m.

A
    Excellent post Mike, you are a much more patient person than me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree