1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 14:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If it's good enough for Dawkins, then it's good enough for me. For if Dawkins said it, and it's been written down, then it is scripture. Our task now is not to examine the evidence and see where it leads us, but to force all available evidence to conform to our pre-determined conclusion. We will be unveiling a new line of Dawkinsian eugenic atheodicies to add to the catechism very soon.

Amen.
    Praise JebaDawkins!!!
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 14:25
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Where do I register for Dawkins camp? What kind of stuff goes on there?
    Is it OK to call Dawkininans Dorks?
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 14:38
    Originally posted by whodey
    They herd you up and brand you on your blessed assurance and then try to pair you with some poor unsuspecting girl who can play the flute rather well. It's all done in good fun though.
    Flautistas do it for me on so many levels.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 14:46
    If it's good enough for Dawkins, then it's good enough for me. For if Dawkins said it, and it's been written down, then it is scripture. Our task now is not to examine the evidence and see where it leads us, but to force all available evidence to conform to our pre-determined conclusion. We will be unveiling a new line of Dawkinsian eugenic atheodicies to add to the catechism very soon.

Amen.
    Wow, interesting, I think Dawkins is the new prophet for the Dawkinian religon.

I smell a blind faith here !!!!!
  5. London
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 14:48
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Wow, interesting, I think Dawkins is the new prophet for the Dawkinian religon.

I smell a blind faith here !!!!!
    I believe the Holy Scriptures of Dawkin does feature in a South Park episode.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 15:11
    Heil Dawkins! Dawkins ist der neue Fuehrer fuer eine mutige neue Welt.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 15:11
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Heil Dawkins! Dawkins ist der neue Fuehrer fuer eine mutige neue Welt.
    No, that would be Ratzinger.
  8. London
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 15:13
    No, that would be Ratzinger.
    Right. Because it's Ratzinger who's talking about killing off inferior races.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 15:47
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Right. Because it's Ratzinger who's talking about killing off inferior races.
    At least Dawkins was never in the Wermacht.

But seriously...

If you look at the quotes Halitose provided, he's not talking about killing off anyone. He's talking about breeding for gain in specific attributes. Given that mankind continues to evolve, the question is whether we can actively guide the path that evolutionary process follows. Instead of having evolution merely happen to us, we could actively channel our own evolutionary destiny. And you'll note that he isn't even supporting such a proposition, or that it is feasible, but is saying that we should at least be allowed to ponder the matter.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 15:512 edits
    All this talk about eugenics reminds me of Margaret Sanger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

After all, she began planned parenthood and was an advocate of certain aspects of eugenics that are in practice today. Here is one of her quotes,

"It is said that a fish as large as a man has a brain no larger than the kernell of an almond. In all fish and reptiles where there is no great brain development, there is no conscious sexual control. The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Austrailian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step highter than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction from the streets."

No, it gets better. She says that the only answer to help control such inferior "species" is eugenics. She argued for a,

"A stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is already tainted or whose inheritance is such that ojectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring"

Here is the clincher, however. This is how she viewed birth control.

"The campaign for birth control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical with the final aims of eugenics."
  11. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 16:08
    Originally posted by whodey
    All this talk about eugenics reminds me of Margaret Sanger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

After all, she began planned parenthood and was an advocate of certain aspects of eugenics that are in practice today. Here is one of her quotes,

"It is said that a fish as large as a man has a brain no larger than the kernell of an almond. In a ...[text shortened]... merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical with the final aims of eugenics."
    Margaret Sanger was over 100 years ago, she lived in an entirely different world where racism was prevalent. It is important to note that for all the faults of her ethical outlook, she was vital to the process of making birth control available to all.
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 16:17
    What is it about being saved that turns off a human brain?

Given the absurdly liberal way these people twist the words of Israeli goatherders and shaman, I suppose it should not surprise us that they can't understand a highly respected man of science.
  13. London
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 16:21
    Originally posted by telerion
    What is it about being saved that turns off a human brain?

Given the absurdly liberal way these people twist the words of Israeli goatherders and shaman, I suppose it should not surprise us that they can't understand a highly respected man of science.
    What is it about being "a highly respected man of science" that turns off the brain of his supporters?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 16:21
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Margaret Sanger was over 100 years ago, she lived in an entirely different world where racism was prevalent. It is important to note that for all the faults of her ethical outlook, she was vital to the process of making birth control available to all.
    Is'nt it funny how people can dismiss the morality and/or perspectives of people who lived in times past when they are so blantantly and obviously contrary and wrong in our own eyes today? This is what happens when one allows themselves to adapt to the morality/perspectives of the culture in which they reside instead of holding themselves to a higher moral authority that is unchanging and unwaivering and which may or may not run contrary to the common accepted morality/view of the day.
  15. London
    Moves
    23 Nov '06 16:24
    Originally posted by Starrman
    And that sure helped save civilisation, didn't it?

If racism was prevalent then, something else is prevalent now. As I said earlier, I'm just waiting for Dawkins to put his views on eugenics together with his theories on religious genes to argue that religious folk should not be allowed to breed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree