1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 13:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I have established that your JW rules constitute discrimination and institutionalized inequality.

Can you state how the exclusion of women from leadership is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?
    Its not my assertion of discrimination, its yours, you substantiate it.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 13:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Anyone who adopts and applies the wisdom of scripture can have a successful
    marraige, in contrast to the UK, present, 50/50 chances of success because of secular
    liberal teaching and materialistic philosophy.
    You made a choice to follow this outdated sexist tripe, take responsibility for your own actions and stop trying to palm it off as 'im only following orders' nonsense.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 13:55
    Its not my assertion of discrimination, its yours, you substantiate it.
    Perhaps you missed one of my posts?

You cannot deny that 'JW elders can only be men'' is an edict that discriminates against women; unless you are using some non-conventional definition of the word "discrimination" that I am not aware of.

You cannot deny that a rule that says 'men may lead but women may not' institutionalizes inequality between those men and women; unless you are using some non-conventional definition of the word "inequality" that is not in common use.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 13:57
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You made a choice to follow this outdated sexist tripe, take responsibility for your own actions and stop trying to palm it off as 'im only following orders' nonsense.
    Like FMF, you are entitled to think and voice your opinions, one thing is clear, following
    the advice of secularists will lead to disaster, applying Biblical principles really is the
    course of wisdom as the divorce rates demonstrate. I am not saying Jehovahs
    witnesses are immune, but the fact is, your chances of a successful marraige are
    enhanced a thousand fold through the application of said principles.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    Jehovah's witnesses
    did not author the Bible, the qualification for overseers is gender specific and
    immutable.
    Can you state how the exclusion of women from leadership roles in your organisation is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by FMF
    Perhaps you missed one of my posts?

You cannot deny that [b]'JW elders can only be men'
    ' is an edict that discriminates against women; unless you are using some non-conventional definition of the word "discrimination" that I am not aware of.

You cannot deny that a rule that says 'men may lead but women may not' institutionalizes inequality betw ...[text shortened]... ng some non-conventional definition of the word "inequality" that is not in common use.[/b]
    No i have read all of your posts and you are free to voice your opinions as you see fit.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Can you state how the exclusion of women from leadership roles in your organisation is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?
    Its not my assertion, it yours, you substantiate it. Its a Biblical teaching as I have
    repeatedly pointed out and immutable.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 13:58
    Like FMF, you are entitled to think and voice your opinions, one thing is clear, following
    the advice of secularists will lead to disaster...
    You seriously believe that women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:00
    Its not my assertion, it yours, you substantiate it.
    Well, are women excluded from leadership roles - such as being 'elders' - in your organisation? Yes or no?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    You seriously believe that women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"?
    we are talking of other Biblical principles related to marraige, do try to use your discernment.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:011 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, are women excluded from leadership roles - such as being 'elders' - in your organisation? Yes or no?
    I have shown you the scripture which details that only men, exclusively men, may be
    elders, why there should arise some confusion in your mind, i cannot say.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:02
    we are talking of other Biblical principles related to marraige, do try to use your discernment.
    So you have moved the goalposts, it seems. Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you have moved the goalposts, it seems. Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster"?
    It cannot happen, nor will it, the qualifications for being an overseer are exclusively
    attainable for men, sorry.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:03
    I have shown you the scripture which details that only men, exclusively men, may be
    elders, why there should arise some confusion in your mind, i cannot say.
    OK, so that's a "yes" - you concede that they are excluded. Can you now state how this exclusion of women from leadership roles in your organisation is in keeping with the teachings of Christ?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:04
    It cannot happen, nor will it, the qualifications for being an overseer are exclusively
    attainable for men, sorry.
    Do you think women taking on leadership roles in your organisation would "lead to disaster" if it were to happen?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree