1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    But wait, we are not talking of other gyms, we are talking of gyms exclusively for the
    use of ladies, because that is stipulated as a requirement, in your opinion, because of
    the prevalence of other gymns, that legitimises the ladies exclusive appeals to gender,
    well FMF, there are other churches which appoint ladies, so by the same token, we
    cannot be discriminatory, by your own reasoning, can we!
    Women are able to choose to go to all female gyms where they will confident of not being stared at by men who may go there to hang out and look at women in leotards or trying to see if their vaginas are partially visible through tight sports wear. How does this analogy of yours apply to what goes on at Kingdom Hall?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do a lot of the women you meet in your everyday life express "reticence" at the "prospect" of "responsibility"? Do you know any women in leadership roles beyond your Kingdom Hall environment?

If a woman "expressed"... enthusiasm for "...the prospect because of the responsibility" in the JW group and proactively tried to assume the responsibility, would she be expelled?
    we are talking of Congregational responsibility FMF, not elsewhere, your attempting to
    move the goal posts, would she be expelled? hard to say, people are expelled for lack
    of repentance not the crime itself, anyhow, how is she likely to actively try to assume
    responsibility? stage a coup d'état in the form of a shepherding call?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    many i have spoken to when questioned have expressed reticence at the prospect
    because of the responsibility, but then again, i have only asked them and have
    seventeen years experience and know many Christian sisters and you, who have you
    asked FMF?
    I was a practising Christian for 28 years, robbie, and have known countless Christian women who were not "reticent" about leadership. I still do, as I continue to have many, many Christian friends.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by FMF
    Women are able to choose to go to all female gyms where they will confident of not being stared at by men who may go there to hang out and look at women in leotards or trying to see if their vaginas are partially visible through tight sports wear. How does this analogy of yours apply to what goes on at Kingdom Hall?
    I think ill leave it there FMF if you dont mind.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:294 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I was a practising Christian for 28 years, robbie, and have known countless Christian women who were not "reticent" about leadership. I still do, as I continue to have many, many Christian friends.
    How many Jehovah's Witnesses have you asked FMF if they wanted to assume leadership. One, two, five, ten ?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:31
    we are talking of Congregational responsibility FMF, not elsewhere, your attempting to
    move the goal posts, would she be expelled? hard to say, people are expelled for lack
    of repentance not the crime itself, anyhow, how is she likely to actively try to assume
    responsibility? stage a coup d'état in the form of a shepherding call?
    I am not moving goalposts, robbie. The women in your posts sound like cardboard cutouts. So the JW organisation filters out all the capable and intelligent women who could assume "congregational responsibility", is that how it works? They go off to other Christian congregations where, from a distance, you can pour you 'plastic Christian' scorn upon them. Capable and intelligent women, ready and able to lead, are kept at a distance in your spiritual world, it seems.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:32
    I think ill leave it there FMF if you dont mind.
    Meaning: your analogy failed.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not moving goalposts, robbie. The women in your posts sound like cardboard cutouts. So the JW organisation filters out all the capable and intelligent women who could assume "congregational responsibility", is that how it works? They go off to other Christian congregations where, from a distance, you can pour you 'plastic Christian' scorn upon them. Capable ...[text shortened]... ent women, ready and able to lead, are kept at a distance in your spiritual world, it seems.
    sorry, that's it for me, your getting insulting, have a pleasant day FMF.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Meaning: your analogy failed.
    whatever,
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:34
    How many Jehovah's Witnesses have you asked FMF if they wanted to assume leadership. One, two, five, ten ?
    Your rules creating inequality and discrimination obviously filter out, expel, alienate capable and intelligent spiritual women who are willing and able to lead, and embraces the subservient and subordinate ones that yield to the rules set by your male elders.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:35
    whatever,
    You don't understand what an 'all woman gym' is about, robbie. You cannot draw an analogy between it and your Kingdom Hall. That's why your analogy failed.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:36
    you only posted one, it was the usual diatribe, which i naturally ignored,sorry, i dont do
    caustic stuff anymore, nor hypothetical scenarios.
    I posted two but that's beside the point. Tell me exactly why it is a hypothetical scenario about women being worth 35 sheckels and men 50 or kill your children if they diss you? Why is that hypothetical when it is in the bible, yet you take it as real that men only can be leaders therefore putting women by definition on a lesser plane. Tell me how that is real and the two issues I mentioned are hypothetical?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:46
    There are more questions than answers, yet again, it seems.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 14:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are more questions than answers, yet again, it seems.
    And I gather, no answer forthcoming.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '12 15:101 edit
    I think its self evident, but that's just me, so let me spell it out, what is there to debate with an unbeliever?

Please note its not an attack on non believers, its simply a matter of practicality, for
    shall they understand the teaching of the torture stake of the Christ, no, it simply
    foolishness to them, but to us, its a matter of salvati ...[text shortened]... hat our
    beliefs are a delusion, no, for nothing can separate a Christian from the love of God.
    I think its self evident, but that's just me, so let me spell it out, what is there to debate with an unbeliever?

It's not self evident, but it IS evident. And the converse -- what is there to debate with a believer? But that only leads to the question, why is there so much "debate" in spite of the evidence against its efficacy?

Maybe it's because the points being debated are not at the crux of the issue. What there IS to debate, is not being debated. [Edit: if debate is the right format to use, to begin with.]

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree