1. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 11:55
    Today Ireland are playing England in an International rugby match of epic proportions,
    I know not what God or gods you are venerating, but please petition him or her or
    them on my behalf for an Irish victory, a defeat is too painful to contemplate and akin
    to a national disaster of Biblical proportions, thanks in advance Robbie.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:02
    Despite being British, I've always supported Ireland against England in the rugby - but I back England against Ireland in the cricket. Just wanted to make that clear.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:102 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Despite being British, I've always supported Ireland against England in the rugby - but I back England against Ireland in the cricket. Just wanted to make that clear.
    Thankyou FMF, i find your support most encouraging! strange that i have never thought
    of myself as British, when one is brought up with some links to Ireland as you have and
    I to a limited extent, did the question of the struggle never taint your perception of
    being British?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Today Ireland are playing England in an International rugby match of epic proportions,
    I know not what God or gods you are venerating, but please petition him or her or
    them on my behalf for an Irish victory, a defeat is too painful to contemplate and akin
    Shouldn't you be more concerned with Scotland trying to avoid the wooden spoon?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:172 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Shouldn't you be more concerned with Scotland trying to avoid the wooden spoon?
    although we have lost our games, we have not played that badly, we should have
    beaten France, but it matters not, today we are playing for pride. I support whoever
    plays the pomms at any sport, Ireland, France, Wales, South Africa, Australia, Sri
    Lanka, India, Pakistan, anyone, i doesn't matter, but i can tell your sweatin it PK. 😛
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:19
    Thankyou FMF, i find your support most encouraging! strange that i have never thought
    of myself as British, when one is brought up with some links to Ireland as you have and
    I to a limited extent, did the question of the struggle never taint your perception of
    being British?
    Well I am not English in any meaningful way. So British is my nationality. And I am comfortable with it. Not being English is a key to it, I think. My Irish "ethnicity" does not translate - at all - into a feeling akin to being an Irish citizen. Which leaves only being British.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I am not English in any meaningful way. So British is my nationality. And I am comfortable with it. Not being English is a key to it, I think. My Irish "ethnicity" does not translate - at all - into a feeling akin to being an Irish citizen. Which leaves only being British.
    but you were brought up Catholic, was the question of the Irish struggle ever an issue?
    In Scotland among Catholics there was great sympathy for it. ok, gotta go, rugby
    starts in five!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:30
    Any time you jocks want full independence please let us know so we can stop investing in your mickey mouse country.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:30
    but you were brought up Catholic, was the question of the Irish struggle ever an issue? In Scotland among Catholics there was great sympathy for it.
    Sure. But it does not alter my nationality.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 12:33
    No way, not in that little rich kids sport 😛 🙂
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 14:00
    So you believe in the existence of gods that cheat? Not only that but you encourage them to cheat?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 16:58
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Any time you jocks want full independence please let us know so we can stop investing in your mickey mouse country.
    as son as we get rid of you blood suckers we shall be the sixth richest nation on the
    planet, i will personally chisel a line across the border, get a big stick and float you out
    into the Atlantic where your cultural vacuum of a country can morris dance till its hearts
    content.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 16:59
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No way, not in that little rich kids sport 😛 🙂
    its not a rich kids sport, maybe in Australia but here in Gods own country, that is
    Scotland we play it at all levels.
  14. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 17:29
    i'll petition coyote to give the irish a victory.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 17:52

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree