1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 17:53
    Should we execute people before they accept Christ ? As long as they have life in them there is the chance they will see the light, and get down on their fithy knees, and get Saved !! Give them a Bible, and send them into the cell, and force them to repent or face the Lake of Fire !! Maybe not force them, but at least strongly suggest they shape up or get ready for the Pit !!!
  2. Break-twitching
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 19:012 edits
    Originally posted by buckky
    Should we execute people before they accept Christ ? As long as they have life in them there is the chance they will see the light, and get down on their fithy knees, and get Saved !! Give them a Bible, and send them into the cell, and force them to repent or face the Lake of Fire !! Maybe not force them, but at least strongly suggest they shape up or get ready for the Pit !!!
    I don't believe in the death penalty, although for some of the worst heinous criminals I don't necessarily feel sorry for them when they do fry. I do believe in life in prison for capital crimes with hard labor, no cable TV, weight rooms, or any other creature comforts. First, no one will come to Christ for forgiveness, even at the last minute, unless they are sincere in their seeking forgiveness. One cannot force anybody to repent, no matter the circumstances. Last minute forgiveness is possible if the person is sincere. Remember the criminal that was crucified next to Christ on the cross asking Jesus to remember him, and Jesus stated that he (criminal) would be with Him (Jesus) in paradise. No matter the sin, God can forgive. The only unpardoned sin is the sin of rejecting Christ as savior, thus, in effect, telling God to keep His gift of life and refusing it. The opposite of accepting the gift of life is accepting the gift of eternal separation from God, or, in essence, accepting the fate of eternal damnnation.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 19:16
    Not for nothing, but you're starting to sound like a Quaker. This type of thinking is what led to the modern-day cluster known as the prison system. Had they learned their Bible a tad more, the concerned would have discovered that rehabilitation typically doesn't work as desired. For proof, look no further than Satan's furlough after the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 20:09
    Mercy and grace are but a gift, not an entitlement.
  5. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    14 Feb '09 23:14
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Not for nothing, but you're starting to sound like a Quaker. This type of thinking is what led to the modern-day cluster known as the prison system. Had they learned their Bible a tad more, the concerned would have discovered that rehabilitation typically doesn't work as desired. For proof, look no further than Satan's furlough after the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
    So just throw them in a hole and let them stew in it ? Sounds sort of primitive.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 10:35
    So just throw them in a hole and let them stew in it ? Sounds sort of primitive.
    You didn't seem to have a problem with it in your first post of the same nature.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 10:39
    What do you believe about it, and why?
  8. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 14:38
    You didn't seem to have a problem with it in your first post of the same nature.
    I was being snide.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 14:43
    I was being snide.
    Either way, the concept has been proven ineffective.
  10. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 18:13
    Either way, the concept has been proven ineffective.
    Are you saying that rehabilitation is a useless thing ? I think throwing the criminal minded inividual into a cage, and hopeing that he will turn over a new lease on life is useless. It's more expensive to try, and help the criminal look at things differently, but more sane. It's better to kill them than let them languish in a cruel, and crazy making situation.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 22:57
    a child rapist and serial murder doesn't deserve to live. we shall kill it and as a safety measure for society and let god figure out what to do with it. sure, we will allow it a priest if he wants, all, including animals should be allowed to ask for forgiveness. and then put down.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 22:58
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    I don't believe in the death penalty, although for some of the worst heinous criminals I don't necessarily feel sorry for them when they do fry. I do believe in life in prison for capital crimes with hard labor, no cable TV, weight rooms, or any other creature comforts. First, no one will come to Christ for forgiveness, even at the last minute, unless th ...[text shortened]... gift of eternal separation from God, or, in essence, accepting the fate of eternal damnnation.
    zealotry
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Feb '09 23:04
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    zealotry
    oh great and illustrious bad ol putty cat, are you aware that the bible in the time of the Jews had an excellent and far superior judicial system to what passes for justice today? for example the rights of mothers and unborn children were protected, and any thief would have to make reparation four times for anything he stole? this and many other incredible facts are available in Gods word, would you like to discuss them? i kiss you diamond and ruby encrusted ring and beg your forgiveness for this interpolation into your sublime presence, i will now snivel away, eyes downwards...shuffle shuffle...grovel...grovel!
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 11:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh great and illustrious bad ol putty cat, are you aware that the bible in the time of the Jews had an excellent and far superior judicial system to what passes for justice today? for example the rights of mothers and unborn children were protected, and any thief would have to make reparation four times for anything he stole? this and many other inc ...[text shortened]... ur sublime presence, i will now snivel away, eyes downwards...shuffle shuffle...grovel...grovel!
    "No matter the sin, God can forgive. The only unpardoned sin is the sin of rejecting Christ as savior,"

child rapist and criminal, with 10+ victims under the age of 9, asks for god's forgiveness (just before frying in the electric chair) for being an animal(hope the animals will forgive me) and gets forgiven because no matter the sin, god ca forgive.

muslim or atheist pediatrician, saves the lives of 1000 children, receives the nobel prize for medicine for inventing a miracle cure. dies of old age in his bed, respected and mourned by thousands. he gets thrown in the pit of eternal agony.

thumbs up, robbieism and dystoniacims!
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Feb '09 11:11
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh great and illustrious bad ol putty cat, are you aware that the bible in the time of the Jews had an excellent and far superior judicial system to what passes for justice today? for example the rights of mothers and unborn children were protected, and any thief would have to make reparation four times for anything he stole? this and many other inc ...[text shortened]... ur sublime presence, i will now snivel away, eyes downwards...shuffle shuffle...grovel...grovel!
    And yet when Muslims practice a very similar system today they are condemned as barbaric.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree