Death bed conversions

Death bed conversions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

Of course, this is BTW the reason why the so called "word of god" is man-made😵

rc

Moves
20 Feb 09

Originally posted by black beetle
I accept that maybe it was not the case in the beggining, however today the different interpretations between the differ Christian Churches are so devastating that the Christians are forced to follow quite different doctrines according to their personal denomination. And all of them they claim that they act according with the "word of god" -how pathetic ...[text shortened]... ead; I just wanted your opinion regarding this matter -and I am thankful ye offered it to me😵
beetle not only is it devastating as you rightly say my friend, but it has led to countless deaths as in the case of Ireland near my own home, where for years this religious divide has wrecked the lives of many and heaped untold misery on many a widow and fatherless boy! it was bathed in the guise of a political war, but for all intents and purposes it was religious, based on these hermeneutics! To the Greeks my friend, the west is immeasurably indebted, for our whole system is based on the classical model, as was the British empire, as is the American now!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
beetle not only is it devastating as you rightly say my friend, but it has led to countless deaths as in the case of Ireland near my own home, where for years this religious divide has wrecked the lives of many and heaped untold misery on many a widow and fatherless boy! it was bathed in the guise of a political war, but for all intents and purposes ...[text shortened]... whole system is based on the classical model, as was the British empire, as is the American now!
It seems to me ye are right ye lang leggedy beastie🙂

rc

Moves
20 Feb 09
1 edit

It seems to me ye are right ye lang leggedy beastie🙂
beetle dude this has relevance to another thread, but when i was doing classical studies in school, i vaguely remeber reading a portion that stated that in the ancient Greek mind there was punishments that were eternal, for example some dude had his bowels pecked out by crows, in the morning they would grow back and the crows would come back again and start all over, another dude had to role this giant stone up a hill, when he got to the top he had to start all over again, can you in your mind confirm these accounts, for it seems to me that this idea of eternal punishment is a product of the mind as you say and may have its basis in the Ancient Greek mode of thought.

P.s doing alright with the noble Scheveningen - have just a little anxiety, but so does white, especially when he castles queenside! soon the Gods will deliver up Mr.Hamilton into my hand for his feeble reliance on logic and science, he has become a man picking pebbles on a beach while the whole sea lay before him, so it is with the man who limits himself to a materialistic view of existence😉

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

beetle dude this has relevance to another thread, but when i was doing classical studies in school, i vaguely remeber reading a portion that stated that in the ancient Greek mind there was punishments that were eternal, for example some dude had his bowels pecked out by crows, in the morning they would grow back and the crows would come back again an ...[text shortened]... lay before him, so it is with the man who limits himself to a materialistic view of existence😉
You are right regarding the idea of eternal punishment, ancient Greeks used to believe that there was this kind of reward for the ones who deserved it; there were also the idea that the noble men and the heroes were going direction sky instead of going down to the darkness of Adis;

Scheveningen is OK; and I wish you the best against Mr Hamilton, a man well reknown amongst us the miserable atheists for his courage and his endless patience and his commitment to help ye Christians to see even half an inch farer than your nose😵

rc

Moves
20 Feb 09

You are right regarding the idea of eternal punishment, ancient Greeks used to believe that there was this kind of reward for the ones who deserved it; there were also the idea that the noble men and the heroes were going direction sky instead of going down to the darkness of Adis;

Scheveningen is OK; and I wish you the best against Mr Hamilton, a ma ...[text shortened]... atience and his commitment to help ye Christians to see even half an inch farer than your nose😵
Lol, he is a noble and patient gentleman indeed! but all is a vanity and a striving after the wind!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

Lol, he is a noble and patient gentleman indeed! but all is a vanity and a striving after the wind!
As lang as he holds his head up whilst keeping his nose down during his mission impossible it seems to this miserable atheist that Mr Hamilton strives not after the wind😵

rc

Moves
20 Feb 09

As lang as he holds his head up whilst keeping his nose down during his mission impossible it seems to this miserable atheist that Mr Hamilton strives not after the wind😵
KNIGHT
I want knowledge, not faith, not suppositions,
but knowledge. I want God to stretch out His
hand towards me, reveal Himself and speak to
me.

DEATH
But He remains silent.

KNIGHT
I call out to Him in the dark but no one seems
to be there.

DEATH
Perhaps no one is there.

KNIGHT
Then life is an outrageous horror. No one can
live in the face of death, knowing that all is
nothingness.

DEATH
Most people never reflect about either death or
the futility of life.

KNIGHT
But one day they will have to stand at that
last moment of life and look towards the
darkness.

DEATH
When that day comes ...

KNIGHT
In our fear, we make an image, and that image
we call God.

DEATH
You are worrying ...

KNIGHT
Death visited me this morning. We are playing
chess together. This reprieve gives me the
chance to arrange an urgent matter.

DEATH
What matter is that?

KNIGHT
My life has been a futile pursuit, a wandering,
a great deal of talk without meaning. I feel no
bitterness or self-reproach because the lives
of most people are very much like this. But I
will use my reprieve for one meaningful deed.

DEATH
Is that why you are playing chess with Death?

KNIGHT
He is a clever opponent, but up to now I
haven't lost a single man.

DEATH
How will you outwit Death in your game?

KNIGHT
I use a combination of the bishop and the
knight which he hasn't yet discovered. In the
next move I'll shatter one of his flanks.

DEATH
I'll remember that.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

KNIGHT
me.

DEATH
But He remains silent.

KNIGHT
to be there.

DEATH
Perhaps no one is there.

KNIGHT
Then life is an out ...[text shortened]... ered. In the

DEATH
I'll remember that.
Knowledge is always as far as your next breath

Silence evolves when I drive beyond overcome thinking; My thoughts are the disease of My mind

Perhaps noone is there

Life is Beautiful and Horrific at the same time

Death and Life are connected

One day I was born, one day I will die

Life is Life and Death is Death

When the day of my death comes I will die

In our fear we bring up our delusions

Death walks by my side everyday; he is my best friend, for he is the agent that forces me to see whatever is too far away like it's just in front of me, and also forces me to see whatever is just in front of me like it's too far away

The life of this miserable black beetle has been an endless hangin' around on his fallen in the river tree that thunders all the way down to the Waterfall

My ultimate opponent is Myself, and everyday I kill this Enemy no matter of his strength

I kill my Enemy due to my power through the Void

Nothing Holy😵

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

KNIGHT
me.

DEATH
But He remains silent.

KNIGHT
to be there.

DEATH
Perhaps no one is there.

KNIGHT
Then life is an out ...[text shortened]... ered. In the

DEATH
I'll remember that.
And, Rabbie, what is faster than light?
😵

rc

Moves
20 Feb 09
2 edits

Knowledge is always as far as your next breath

Silence evolves when I drive beyond overcome thinking; My thoughts are the disease of My mind

Perhaps noone is there

Life is Beautiful and Horrific at the same time

Death and Life are connected

One day I was born, one day I will die

Life is Life and Death is Death

When the day of my dea r of his strength

I kill my Enemy due to my power through the Void

Nothing Holy😵
i cannot think of anything which is faster than light, but this void beetle my friend, its mechanism is a reflective process, is it not? an evaluation of self with self, for how can this be, if one never plays a stronger player, one will never attain to strength?

The KNIGHT is kneeling before a small altar. It is dark and quiet around him. The air is cool and musty. Pictures of saints look down on him with stony eyes. Christ's face is turned upwards, His mouth open as if in a cry of anguish. On the ceiling beam there is a representation of a hideous devil spying on a miserable human being. The KNIGHT hears a sound from the confession booth and approaches it. The face of DEATH appears behind the grille for an instant, but the KNIGHT doesn't see him.

KNIGHT
I want to talk to you as openly as I can, but
my heart is empty.

DEATH doesn't answer.

KNIGHT
The emptiness is a mirror turned towards my
own face. I see myself in it, and I am filled
with fear and disgust.

DEATH doesn't answer.

KNIGHT
Through my indifference to my fellow men, I
have isolated myself from their company. Now I
live in a world of phantoms. I am imprisoned in
my dreams and fantasies.

DEATH
And yet you don't want to die.

KNIGHT
Yes, I do.

DEATH
What are you waiting for?

KNIGHT
I want knowledge.

DEATH
You want guarantees?

KNIGHT
Call it whatever you like. Is it so cruelly
inconceivable to grasp God with the senses? Why
should He hide himself in a mist of half-spoken
promises and unseen miracles?

DEATH doesn't answer.

KNIGHT
How can we have faith in those who believe when
we can't have faith in ourselves? What is going
to happen to those of us who want to believe
but aren't able to? And what is to become of
those who neither want to nor are capable of
believing?

The KNIGHT stops and waits for a reply, but no one speaks or answers him.

KNIGHT
Why can't I kill God within me? Why does He
live on in this painful and humiliating way
even though I curse Him and want to tear Him
out of my heart? Why, in spite of everything,
is He a baffling reality that I can't shake
off? Do you hear me?

There is complete silence.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

i cannot think of anything which is faster than light, but this void beetle my friend, its mechanism is a reflective process, is it not? an evaluation of self with self, for how can this be, if one never plays a stronger player, one will never attain to strength?

The KNIGHT is kneeling before a small altar. It is dark and quiet around him. Th ...[text shortened]... ling reality that I can't shake
off? Do you hear me?

There is complete silence.
Faster than the light is the thought of the Human;

The Knight is not a warrior for he is unable to kill his Enemy; and indifference is a thing whilst understanding is another, and this is the reason why he feels he lives in a world of phantoms -delusion

Knowledge is not a static thing, therefore this kind of knowledge he desires has not existence

"God" is an invention of the Human mind

He cannot kill "god: for he cannot kill his enemy

Nothing Holy😵

And, Rabbie, what can cover the whole Earth?
😵

rc

Moves
20 Feb 09

Faster than the light is the thought of the Human;

The Knight is not a warrior for he is unable to kill his Enemy; and indifference is a thing whilst understanding is another, and this is the reason why he feels he lives in a world of phantoms -delusion

Knowledge is not a static thing, therefore this kind of knowledge he desires has not existe ...[text shortened]... ot kill his enemy

Nothing Holy😵

And, Rabbie, what can cover the whole Earth?
😵
the prayers of the Holy ones cover the entire earth beetle my friend, but i have the sneaking suspicion this is not the answer you are looking for!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
20 Feb 09

the prayers of the Holy ones cover the entire earth beetle my friend, but i have the sneaking suspicion this is not the answer you are looking for!
Darkness can cover the whole Earth;

And, Rabbie, what number is bigger, the number of the living people or the number of the dead?
😵

rc

Moves
20 Feb 09

Darkness can cover the whole Earth;

And, Rabbie, what number is bigger, the number of the living people or the number of the dead?
😵
but darkness only ever covers the earth partially at anyone time, but no doubt it takes many forms. these questions are too hard for a poor peasant like me beetle dude, i am no philosopher, but i think it must be the number of dead people, for there are many living dead!