1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 10:55
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    The end or a gateway to another adventure?
    The end or a gateway to another adventure?

I think we would want to closely listen to and watch the life of the only man who ever said that HE CAME .... to DIE.

Jesus, as far as I know, is the only man who came teaching that DEATH was His reason for being here. Or He came to die. His purpose is to Die.

But His purpose was not to be ended in His death but to be continued in His rising again victoriously OVER death.

He's the one whose words and life you want to examine carefully on the subject.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 11:03
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    I'm not sure why people still take the time and effort to talk to you, since ignoring your tedious non-conversations is so much easier.

Watch me do it 😴
    When presented with evidence you have the choice to accept it or reject it.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 15:36
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    When presented with evidence you have the choice to accept it or reject it.
    No sir. You must interpret it.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:03
    Originally posted by @apathist
    We are going to die, and no one knows what happens next. Best to focus on here now.
    Agreed. That's the best chance we have for any likelihood of there being a 'next'.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 20:30
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Here is what I wrote which you say is a lie.

A good number of regulars here want not to believe in Christ.

[b] [b]Why do Christians like you and Whodey lie so much, sonship? Lying seems to be one of the big no-nos in various religions, and yet you guys do it so often it's almost like second nature. It is rather fascinating.

[b] I d ...[text shortened]... I may let you know the next time YOU seem dishonest in YOUR caricature of the Christian's faith.
    Why do you talk to me about sin, sonship? I have no belief in god(s), therefore this whole concept of sin is meaningless to me.

You understand that, right?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 12:412 edits
    Is it a pink unicorn with wings? Because I've also heard of Him.
    Doesn't that feel good?

"Well, I don't think anymore about one day coming before God then I do seeing a Pink Unicorn. Same to me boy! "

Do more trivialization.
    God's record of your deeds is infallible and without error or misunderstanding.
    Relax.

The OTHER guy - he needs forgiveness for what he's done. But not you!
    "he, he, the Pink Unicorn! ha, ha, the Spaghetti Monster. ROFL"

Jesus thought it was a big joke in the garden of Gethsemane and at Calvary.

Realism -
    "And there is no creature that is not manifest before Him, but all things are naked and laid bare to the eyes of Him to whom we are to give our account." (Heb. 4:13)
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 13:29
    Doesn't that feel good?

"Well, I don't think anymore about one day coming before God then I do seeing a Pink Unicorn. Same to me boy! "

Do more trivialization.
    God's record of your deeds is infallible and without error or misunderstanding.
    Relax.

The OTHER guy - he needs forgiveness for what he's done. But not you!
    "he, he, t ...[text shortened]... id bare to the eyes of Him to whom we are to give our account." (Heb. 4:13)
    [/quote][/b]
    You need to stop angering the Winged Pink Unicorn, sonship.

You can continue to joke about Him and pretend He doesn't exist, but He knows all and sees all. And one day you, too, will need to answer before His Highness, The Winged One and all your jokes and innuendos will not save you on that day.

You have but one lifetime to accept Him in your heart. I suggest you choose wisely.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 18:387 edits
    You need to stop angering the Winged Pink Unicorn, sonship.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can goof to your silly heart's content.
    But Jesus Christ is grounded in history. And there is no history to back up that your lampoon distraction ever walked the earth.

History beneath the life and claims of Jesus of Nazareth:

"Now in the fifteenth year of the government of Tiberius Caesar, while Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, and Herod was tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip was tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias was tetrarch of Abilene, during the high priesthood of Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came to John the son of Zachariah in the wilderness." (Luke 3:1-2)

So after your giggling fit, get up from rolling across the floor with laughter and tell us about the historicity of your Winged Pink Unicorn. Nothing made up on a goof please, Documents rather, preferably dating back within 50 or so years of the events of its appearing.

Thanks.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 18:56
    [b] You need to stop angering the Winged Pink Unicorn, sonship.

You can continue to joke about Him and pretend He doesn't exist, but He knows all and sees all. And one day you, too, will need to answer before His Highness, The Winged One and all your jokes and innuendos will not save you on that day.

You have but one lifetime to accept Him in your ...[text shortened]... rather, preferably dating back within 50 to 70 years of the events of its appearing.

Thanks.
    Here's the harsh truth, sonship. You will not like it, you will offer protestations, you will deny, deny, deny. But the truth remains the truth, with or without your approval or acceptance.

The Winged Pink Unicorn does not offer "proof". No "evidence". No historic documents are to be found. The Glorious One does not come to you.

He requires - demands - absolute faith. Belief beyond reasoning.

If your heart does not want to belief, so you will not. You will remain sceptical, scoffing at His existence, praying to your false gods.

You want proof? You want signs? Documents? What else? Personalised letters? Autographed photographs? See Him? Touch Him? Feel Him?

No, sonship. The One that is All does not deal in earthly child's play.

Have faith and you, too, will see.

Be stubborn and demand whatever it is you wish to demand and, oh, by Unicorn, you will reap what you sow.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 19:002 edits
    Here's the harsh truth, sonship. You will not like it, you will offer protestations, you will deny, deny, deny. But the truth remains the truth, with or without your approval or acceptance.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The harsh truth ? This better be good. Is it going to hit me like a ton of bricks.
    What's the "harsh" truth ?
    Your atheism ?

That's the not so harsh bs.

The Winged Pink Unicorn does not offer "proof". No "evidence". No historic documents are to be found. The Glorious One does not come to you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More comedian stuff.

Cheer up Great King Rat.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 19:10
    [b] Here's the harsh truth, sonship. You will not like it, you will offer protestations, you will deny, deny, deny. But the truth remains the truth, with or without your approval or acceptance.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The harsh truth ? This better be good. Is it going to hi ...[text shortened]... ---------------------------------------------
    More comedian stuff.

Cheer up Great King Rat.[/b]
    It's all a big joke to you, isn't it?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 19:39
    It's all a big joke to you, isn't it?
    Tragedy, actually. I don't like to see men so deceived.
  13. Standard memberlorrainekatena
    QuantumQueen
    Florida
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 19:03
    ...or the end of the beginning...
  14. Standard memberlorrainekatena
    QuantumQueen
    Florida
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 19:06
    Those without hope are in for a big surprise...🙂🙂
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Dec '17 19:34
    Originally posted by @lorrainekatena
    Those without hope are in for a big surprise...🙂🙂
    What surprise?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree