1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:19
    Originally posted by Darfius
    It's a matter of intentions, not numbers.
    Then causing a few million deaths is forgiveable, so long as your intentions eventually become good.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:23
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Then causing a few million deaths is forgiveable, so long as your intentions eventually become good.
    No, as long as it was accidental. Though I find it rather difficult to accidentally murder millions of people. Or, as long as you were not covered by the blood of Christ before and later come to Him.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 22:36
    I am sad to say this is going nowhere. Your statement that someone cannot claim to be an Atheist is just nonsense. I can claim to be anything I like. Claims only become fact upon being proven to contain it. Whether I am an Atheist is only judged through my actions.

You also continually refute an opinion I have offered and then offer the exact opposite opinion, the validity of which lies on the same grounds, and you expect me to accept it. You preclude all your statements upon the grounds that you are right because god is a proven certainty in your mind. There is no flexibility to your stance, no coherrent reason to your method and no empiricism to your proof. As far as you are concerned, under the belief in god, your stance is correct regardless of opposition and its validity.

Let me ask you this: Have you ever in your life, since becoming a Christian, accepted that you have been wrong about a matter of spirituality, or subjects stemming from it? And if you have, was it in response to someone who was not a Christian?

Based on your last post I shall have to withdraw from this debate. I can see no way of reaching any outcome. It lacks any development and as such we are set to go round in circles. It is a shame as the debate started off with promise. Please do not get me wrong, I was not attempting to undermine your belief, or hope for an outcome in which you turned from your beliefs. All I had hoped for was the possibility of examining your beliefs on Atheism under rational inspection. This is not something we have been able to achieve. All I am sure of now is that you do not understand Atheism, and I suppose given your beliefs, this is not so surprising.

I will leave you instead with the thought that if ever population does spiral out of control and it comes down to a lack of food, as you previously mentioned, those that survive the famines will be those that compete best for the available resources. I expect Atheists will more likely survive this period. What are the implications of a world in which only Atheists exist and all Christians are wiped out? Would god allow such a thing to happen or would survival of the fittest show that religion is perhaps detrimental to survival? Perhaps we shall debate on this some time in the future. For now I shall bow out and exit stage left.

4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:19
    No, as long as it was accidental. Though I find it rather difficult to accidentally murder millions of people. Or, as long as you were not covered by the blood of Christ before and later come to Him.
    "Oops, I meant to drop that bomb in the OCEAN! It was just a 'test-bomb'. Honest!"

If a christian commits too many murders, can he become 'un-saved'? Let's say he forgot to read the verse about murder but read all those verses in Kings and Chronicles about the Israelites whoopin' ass all over the pagan idolaters. He prayed the sinner's prayer before all this and he meant it. His eternal destination is...?
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    14 Mar '05 23:41
    "Oops, I meant to drop that bomb in the OCEAN! It was just a 'test-bomb'. Honest!"

If a christian commits too many murders, can he become 'un-saved'? Let's say he forgot to read the verse about murder but read all those verses in Kings and Chronicles about the Israelites whoopin' ass all over the pagan idolaters. He prayed the sinner's prayer before all this and he meant it. His eternal destination is...?
    Hell. Just like atheists, one cannot plead ignorance on Judgement Day. The Bible isn't a paperweight.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 01:361 edit
    Hell. Just like atheists, one cannot plead ignorance on Judgement Day. The Bible isn't a paperweight.
    Then I suggest a rewrite of Rom. 10:9.
    If you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and follow all the ten commandments, and read all of the bible, including the Old Testament, even though that's mostly followed by Judaists, except the ten commandments still count, then you will be saved.

Edit: Most bibles are fairly heavy. As such, I think they'd make great paperweights.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 01:46
    Then I suggest a rewrite of Rom. 10:9.
    [b]If you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, and follow all the ten commandments, and read all of the bible, including the Old Testament, even though that's mostly followed by Judaists, except the ten commandments still count, then you will be ...[text shortened]... ed.

Edit: Most bibles are fairly heavy. As such, I think they'd make great paperweights.[/b]
    If Jesus is Lord, you follow Him. That's what Lord means. Murdering people shows you follow yourself.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 02:55
    If Jesus is Lord, you follow Him. That's what Lord means. Murdering people shows you follow yourself.
    King Saul was condemned by God for not killing all the Amalekites, and all their livestock. God hates when his 'followers' don't finish the job. Yeah, I know jesus hadn't paid a visit to earth yet. But god allegedly is the same yesterday, today, and forever. In other words: bloodthirsty then, bloodthirsty now.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '05 03:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree