Deceiver of the whole world

Deceiver of the whole world

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Jan 20

@secondson said
But you ran with it to the extreme with intent insinuating intent not intended.
I will leave the use of "circle jerk" as a forum insult to you.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Jan 20

@fmf said
I will leave the use of "circle jerk" as a forum insult to you.
No thanks. You can have it.

F

Moves
06 Jan 20

@secondson said
No thanks. You can have it.
You're the one who used the insult "circle jerk" on this thread. I don't say stuff like that.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
06 Jan 20

@fmf said
You're the one who used the insult "circle jerk" on this thread. I don't say stuff like that.
But you sure like talking about it evidently. "Insult" is your word.

F

Moves
06 Jan 20

@secondson said
I'm not here to join a circle jerk to stroke someone's ego.
Is this intended as an insult?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jan 20

Because men do not love the truth, in the end times God will allow them to be persuaded by a total lie and run desperately after it.

We see strong instance of this type of thing in the Old Testament with king Ahab when God purposely sent a lying spirit to him.

In prophecy about the end times Paul predicts that God will send strong delusion upon people who did not love the truth.

" the coming of whom [Antichrist] is according to Satan's operation in all power and signs and wonders of a lie.

And in all deceit of unrighteousness among those who are perishing, because they did not receive the love of the truth that they might be saved.

And because of this God sends to them an operation of error that they might believe the lie. So that all who have not believed the truth but have taken pleasure in unrighteousness might be judged." (2 Thess. 2:9-12)

I think it means in God's providence and sovereignty He allows this strong deception to come upon that part of the world which did not love the truth of the Gospel.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 20

@sonship said
Because men do not love the truth, in the end times God will allow them to be persuaded by a total lie and run desperately after it.

We see strong instance of this type of thing in the Old Testament with king Ahab when God purposely sent a lying spirit to him.

In prophecy about the end times Paul predicts that God will send strong delusion upon people who did not lov ...[text shortened]... his strong deception to come upon that part of the world which did not love the truth of the Gospel.
He has deceived the whole world, and his tricks are pretty much well known, but highly effective. The world and our flesh also works against us too, our idolatry is so great.

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Colossians 3:5
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

F

Moves
07 Jan 20
2 edits

@kellyjay said
He has deceived the whole world, and his tricks are pretty much well known, but highly effective. The world and our flesh also works against us too, our idolatry is so great.
If he exists, how can you assure people he hasn't deceived you and that one of his "highly effective" "tricks" is not you and people like you?

Is it enough for you to simply insist that it is NOT you and it is instead only OTHER people who have been deceived?

Does the fact that you recite religious dogma on a website day in day our mean that you have NOT been "deceived" by "the deceiver"?

F

Moves
07 Jan 20

@kellyjay said
Colossians 3:5
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
Is the fact that you seem to condemn "sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness" but will steadfastly NOT comment on a Christian critique of Donald Trump for things like "sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness" a sign that you have been "deceived" by "the deceiver", or is it a sign that you are NOT "deceived" by "the deceiver"?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
07 Jan 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Darkness is the absence of light. 'Evil' therefore is not a thing in itself, but the absence of goodness.
No, this is wrong. There are those that help, there are those that leave alone, and there are those that hinder.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jan 20

@secondson said
Thanks for the exposé about what happens at a circle jerk. 🖕
[emoji noted for future use!]

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
07 Jan 20

Yes, but are circle jerks evil? 😕 😆

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
07 Jan 20

@fmf said
Is the fact that you seem to condemn "sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness" but will steadfastly NOT comment on a Christian critique of Donald Trump for things like "sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness" a sign that you have been "deceived" by "the deceiver", or is it a sign that you are NOT "deceived" by "the deceiver"?
It is because , despite protests to the contrary, they love their political ideology much more than their professed love of Jesus .

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Jan 20
1 edit

I said earlier that evil is something someone does or doesn't do? After thinking about it, I have to say intent can be evil too even if there were no actions, what would we do if we could, what would we like to do even if we cannot, thinking about doing evil things more than likely should be considered evil too. I guess maybe that was what Jesus was saying when he talked about us lusting for someone in our hearts.

F

Moves
07 Jan 20
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I said earlier that evil is something someone does or doesn't do? After thinking about it, I have to say intent can be evil too even if there were no actions, what would we do if we could, what would we like to do even if we cannot, thinking about doing evil things more than likely should be considered evil too. I guess maybe that was what Jesus was saying when he talked about us lusting for someone in our hearts.
I believe morality governs actions and human interactions.

I believe thoughtcrimes, so to speak, are a matter for theists [and such 'crimes' are between them and their God figures, assuming they exist].

If an "intent" involves planning or taking steps towards carrying out an "evil" act, or a conspiracy, or - in some cases - not acting when one should because of "evil thoughts", then I think that can be considered immoral.

If an "intent" is just a thought with no action or no possible action, then I think it's none of anyone's business.

Do you want to govern - or have others govern for you - your neighbours' thoughtcrimes, KellyJay?