Definition of Evolution

Definition of Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Yes,indeed.Proper Knob and twhithead have resiled a bit from their hard stand.Now they imply that they are agnostic atheists.
We have never implied otherwise.
I must however point out that the word 'know' that you use so much also has a wide range of meaning. I can quite readily say "I know there is no God" and not be claiming to have proof.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Then such posters,who believe that God does not exist but do not KNOW that he does not exist will be classified as agnostic atheists,as per rwingett. Agnostic atheist is a more sensible and humbler poster.
You can call it or classify it what you like. My position hasn't changed, only your understanding of what an atheist thinks has changed.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
It is hard to believe but maybe a little progress is being made.
What do you think?
The only progress being made is in your understanding of what an atheist believes.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 11

Links to corroborate an untruth is useless to me. There are many people
that agree with me on evolution, so I don't need to provide any links that
say the same thing I am saying. My word should be good enough and
if you want to see the same thing written by someone else, I am sure
that you can find that easily enough, probably by just googling it.
so I don't need to provide any links that say the same thing I am saying. My word should be good enough

Forgive me, but your word means jack dit to me. Evidence please, all we ask for is evidence.

rc

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
What do you mean by 'wholesale transmutation'? If you mean can fish evolve into humans, well, in 10,000 years, no, I don't think they could. In four and half billion years, of course! They could evolve into reptiles, birds, mammals, humans, hell, all sorts of stuff. And all without magic.
unbelievable assertion and certainly more absurd than anything that has evah evah evah occurred in the sacred text. Plants, trees and fish-men, everything from the pre biotic soup all adapting away into other forms, indeed, if it was by magic i think it would be more believable.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
unbelievable assertion and certainly more absurd than anything that has evah evah evah occurred in the sacred text. Plants, trees and fish-men, everything from the pre biotic soup all adapting away into other forms, indeed, if it was by magic i think it would be more believable.
It may be to you.

But when you've actually read a few books on this topic and looked at the 'EVIDENCE' and made an evaluation of the 'EVIDENCE' with your own mind it's not quite so magical.

I still have a book here waiting for you. 🙂

rc

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It may be to you.

But when you've actually read a few books on this topic and looked at the 'EVIDENCE' and made an evaluation of the 'EVIDENCE' with your own mind it's not quite so magical.

I still have a book here waiting for you. 🙂
even if i had just sprung from a sacred egg from mount Lang Shang Po, after having been incubated for aeons by the elements and finally cracked open by lightning and had all the sacred knowledge of all humanity from all time, i would still find this hard to believe.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 11

even if i had just sprung from a sacred egg from mount Lang Shang Po, after having been incubated for aeons by the elements and finally cracked open by lightning and had all the sacred knowledge of all humanity from all time, i would still find this hard to believe.
What you find hard to believe is irrelevant. All the information required for you to have a better understanding about this topic is 'at your fingertips'. You simply choose not to.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Jun 11
1 edit

And how do you know what you would find hard to believe if you had more knowledge than you do now? Surely that would only be possible if you had knowledge of what extra knowledge you would obtain - but that contradicts the claim that the knowledge is new.

rc

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What you find hard to believe is irrelevant. All the information required for you to have a better understanding about this topic is 'at your fingertips'. You simply choose not to.
and yet many who have a more intricate knowledge than you or I also express doubts about its validity, making what i believe, totally relevant.

rc

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
And how do you know what you would find hard to believe if you had more knowledge than you do now? Surely that would only be possible if you had knowledge of what extra knowledge you would obtain - but that contradicts the claim that the knowledge is new.
what are you havering about?

Cape Town

Moves
21 Jun 11

what are you havering about?
Your talking nonsense and I felt like pointing it out.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jun 11

You're really not qualified to judge until you've critically examined the evidence for both scenarios. Alas such a feat is beyond your capacity as your mind is already set.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 11

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
You're really not qualified to judge until you've critically examined the evidence for both scenarios. Alas such a feat is beyond your capacity as your mind is already set.
I believe the same could be said of you.
Hee! Hee!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
21 Jun 11

I believe the same could be said of you.
Hee! Hee!
Perhaps, but then you also believe that the earth is only 10,000 years old...