1. Joined
    09 Oct '10
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 05:22
    Been taking a look at your Debates forum here. Delusion & dishonesty is SOP on boards like these of course, but boy oh boy Spirituality is way better than Debates. Does this mean that generally that religion and theology is a more honest arena than politics?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 05:48
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    Been taking a look at your Debates forum here. Delusion & dishonesty is SOP on boards like these of course, but boy oh boy Spirituality is way better than Debates. Does this mean that generally that religion and theology is a more honest arena than politics?
    Lol!! Are you kidding? I thought you couldn't be a politician without being a decent liar. hehehehe
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Nov '10 06:48
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    In both cases, it depends on the specific topic. In politics, it seems there are people with party affiliations who will support their party policies regardless of whether they understand them or agree with them. They do however often have some core beliefs that their party supposedly stands for (but doesn't necessarily actually promote).

With religion, people often have a set of beliefs that they are honest about, but when discussing something not directly tied to those beliefs but that they see as in conflict to their beliefs, they may be quite dishonest.

With politics I believe that many people see certain policies as a threat to their way of life (economy, freedom etc) and will readily be dishonest about them. The topic of global warming comes to mind, where every person who claims it is not man made or is not happening admits that their main concern is the economic impact of doing something about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree