1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 08:49
    Let's be clear here. Sonship, for some time, has been drip feeding the notion into this forum that we are demi-gods, mingled with the divine. That we (Christians at least) have become God-ized.

A favourite scriptural reference he will pluck out is 'sons of God.' He will then use his favourite analogy. 'A son of a horse is a horse.'

When challenged about his belief in the deification of man, and fearful that other Christians will turn on him, he will quickly duck back down and say that God is greater than man and that man will not become part of the Godhead (despite Witness Lee speaking of a 4 in 1 deity).

So what we have here is sonship 'mingling' Christianity with Greek mythology, where gods frequently shared their divinity with humans creating demi-gods. A Christian's ultimate destiny, apparently, is to become a Persius or a Hercules.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 09:172 edits
    We've heard what this atheist has to explain about how Christians should not believe the Bible from beginning to end.

You who have turned your hearts over to the living Lord and Savior Jesus, follow this atheist at your own peril. Not me.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 09:20
    Joseph if you reading, you're the last one the atheist sought to pit us against each other. Please, on this thread or another, express what problems you have with my posts.

Come and talk with me Joseph.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 09:231 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Let's be clear here. Sonship, for some time, has been drip feeding the notion into this forum that we are demi-gods, mingled with the divine. That we (Christians at least) have become God-ized.
    Your OP is an interesting post that raised some interesting ideas.

I think the Christianity ideology espoused by many of its adherents is rooted in misanthropy and narcissism.

Misanthropy: because it's about how evil and worthless every human being is and how everyone deserves to be tortured for eternity.

Narcissism: because these people believe they won't be tortured for eternity because they believe certain things about themselves that amount to doubleplusgoodthink.

sonship's "ministry" here on this forum has always seemed to me to be driven by his joyless, pretentious, socially-inept brand of narcissism. He once suggested that he might receive a special reward in heaven for spending so much time posting here. To be fair he said "might".

I think trotting out ideology about the deification he thinks he will personally undergo on his death can be analogized to a smack addict upping the size of his fix: as time passes, a higher high is strived for, or he needs to shoot up a bigger and bigger amount of smack in order to get satisfyingly high.

Lastly, I am not so sure he is a "we Christians" kind of ideologue. He once famously said that, when Christians who are not part of his Local Churches cult think the "end times" are upon them, they need to run out and buy Witness Lee books and read them if they want to be "saved" and don't want to be destroyed like all the non-believers.

I think the "demi-gods" theology is like heroin that a religionist junkie like sonship craves and injects into his veins in front of everyone much like Lou Reed did sometimes on stage on that tour that yielded the excellent live 1974 album "Rock 'n' Roll Animal".
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 09:38
    @sonship said
    We've heard what this atheist has to explain about how Christians should not believe the Bible from beginning to end.

You who have turned your hearts over to the living Lord and Savior Jesus, follow this atheist at your own peril. Not me.
    Why are you deflecting? Why no attempt to address the OP, if your position has been misrepresented?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 11:04
    @sonship said
    Joseph if you reading, you're the last one the atheist sought to pit us against each other. Please, on this thread or another, express what problems you have with my posts.

You are over playing your victim card here sonship.

This cringy pleading by you, this last-man-standing appeal over the RHP airways on your metaphorical beat-up radio from the last bunker in self-righteous central, to another Christian poster has to be one of the most toe-curling hamming-it-up exhibitions of appalling self pity I’ve ever seen.

But to continue your drama: You are not ‘John Conner’ and Josephw is not ‘the resistance.’
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 12:321 edit
    Deification has nothing to do with making demi-gods.
    The Roman Caesars made themselves demi-gods and some referred to that as them thier self deification.

Demi-gods found in Homer's poetry or ancient Greek mythology has also nothing in common with the divinization or deification of the New Testament.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 12:361 edit
    @sonship said
    The Roman Caesars made themselves demi-gods and some referred to that as them thier self deification.

Demi-gods found in Homer's poetry or ancient Greek mythology has also nothing in common with the divinization or deification of the New Testament.
    Do you in part agree (in any way at all, even loosely) with the Mormon assertion that true Christian’s are to become gods (small g) and given our own planet to oversee?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 12:501 edit
    @divegeester

Another one way examination.
    You do not respond to questions put to you.

"Let me examine you. But don't you examine me."

We'll let you know when Second Peter 1:4 suddenly disappears from the New Testament. I check now and then. Still there though.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 13:001 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Another one way examination.
    You do not respond to questions put to you.

"Let me examine you. But don't you examine me."

We'll let you know when Second Peter 1:4 suddenly disappears from the New Testament. I check now and then. Still there though.
    Instead of immediately soiling your intellectual underpants you could just engage my question with a single honest post stating and unequivocal “yes” or a “no” or even a “to some extent”, followed by whatever caveat/explanation you feel is appropriate… and then ask me a question.

That is how discussion and debate works sonship, and it is a process you (and this forum) would hugely benefit from you embracing.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 13:24
    @sonship said

Joseph said quite clearly, "How can the finite become infinite? Man will always and forever be finite because man had a beginning and God did not. Man will never be God."
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 16:56
    @sonship said

Sonship I’m genuinely interested in your response to this question.

“Do you in part agree (in any way at all, even loosely) with the Mormon assertion that true Christian’s are to become gods (small g) and given our own planet to oversee?”
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '22 17:05
    @divegeester said
    Sonship I’m genuinely interested in your response to this question.

“Do you in part agree (in any way at all, even loosely) with the Mormon assertion that true Christian’s are to become gods (small g) and given our own planet to oversee?”
    Which planet do you want to oversee?

I assume one cold enough that you don’t need a fridge for your ale.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 19:46
    As has been demonstrated, sonship seeks to mingle Christianity with Greek myth and see man God-ized and turned into demi-gods. (God being mingled with man but man not being as powerful as God is a textbook example of a demi-god).

So what are we to expect next? Sonship suddenly providing biblical references to Olympus, even though the word Olympus doesn't actually appear in scripture. Will he start drip-feeding the notion of ambrosia or Cerberus?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '22 21:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    As has been demonstrated, sonship seeks to mingle Christianity with Greek myth and see man God-ized and turned into demi-gods. (God being mingled with man but man not being as powerful as God is a textbook example of a demi-god).

So what are we to expect next? Sonship suddenly providing biblical references to Olympus, even though the word Olympus doesn't actually appear in scripture. Will he start drip-feeding the notion of ambrosia or Cerberus?
    But God’s Holy Spirit, the third part of the Trinity, does indwell Christians when they accept and believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection.

I think the Holy Bible is pretty clear on that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree