1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 10:551 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I'm not happy about Hell, but its reality isn't based upon what I'm happy or unhappy about within the context.
    I wonder what damage is done to your day-in-day-out moral compass by your having to use circular logic to render a morally incoherent doctrine like eternal torture "coherent" to you. Or, when you say you are "not happy about Hell", do you mean that you are not happy that, as a threat and as a punishment, it is morally incoherent?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 11:29
    @fmf said
    I wonder what damage is done to your day-in-day-out moral compass by your having to use circular logic to render a morally incoherent doctrine like eternal torture "coherent" to you. Or, when you say you are "not happy about Hell", do you mean that you are not happy that, as a threat and as a punishment, it is morally incoherent?
    My compass has a baseline that God is good, evil is not, and when anyone chooses a life of evil within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 11:42
    @kellyjay said
    My compass has a baseline that God is good, evil is not, and when anyone chooses a life of evil within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one.
    Those who are evil "within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one". I see. So, death is the end for the "evil"?
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 11:52
    @kellyjay said
    Finding fault still, are you?
    Sinner: Satan is going to torture me for eternity.

Kellyjay: Your always finding fault.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 11:59
    @the-gravedigger said

Actually it should read

Sinner: Jesus is going to torture me for eternity.

According to scripture in Revelation, literal scriptures apparently, it is Jesus who is in hell overseeing the eternal torture, not satan.

You have inadvertently highlighted one of the biggest misunderstandings of Christian apocalyptic prophecy I.e. that it is Satan who is the governor of hell, it isn’t, it’s Jesus himself.

All those cartoons you’ve seen of Satan in hell with a pitchfork, replace Satan with their version of Jesus.

Interesting isn’t it?
  6. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 12:22
    @divegeester said
    Actually it should read

According to scripture in Revelation, literal scriptures apparently, it is Jesus who is in hell overseeing the eternal torture, not satan.

You have inadvertently highlighted one of the biggest misunderstandings of Christian apocalyptic prophecy I.e ...[text shortened]... Satan in hell with a pitchfork, replace Satan with their version of Jesus.

Interesting isn’t it?
    Now that is interesting. Wonder what Kelly and Sonship have to say about that.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 12:38
    @fmf said
    Those who are evil "within this temporary world will not be allowed into the eternal one". I see. So, death is the end for the "evil"?
    Deaths end is predicted.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 12:40
    @the-gravedigger said

Satan is not a ruler of hell, it was created for him. He is going to be thrown in, his time is short.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 12:41
    @the-gravedigger said
    Now that is interesting. Wonder what Kelly and Sonship have to say about that.
    Usually as little as possible
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 12:41
    @kellyjay said
    Satan is not a ruler of hell, it was created for him. He is going to be thrown in, his time is short.
    Is the Lamb the ruler of hell?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 12:43
    @divegeester said
    Actually it should read

You have inadvertently highlighted one of the biggest misunderstandings of Christian apocalyptic prophecy I.e ...[text shortened]... Satan in hell with a pitchfork, replace Satan with their version of Jesus.

Interesting isn’t it?
    As I said hell was created for Satan and his angels he is not the ruler of it, he is the ruler of this world who is going to suffer in it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 13:30
    @kellyjay said
    As I said hell was created for Satan and his angels he is not the ruler of it, he is the ruler of this world who is going to suffer in it.
    It was a non sequitur. Anyway, my follow question to that assertion is there. Tell you what I’ll ask you again ok…

KellyJay is The Lamb the ruler in hell?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:27
    @divegeester said
    Is the Lamb the ruler of hell?
    All things are put under Him.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:40
    @kellyjay said
    Deaths end is predicted.
    So you are turning into an annihilationist too, like josephw is?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 18:16
    @fmf said
    So you are turning into an annihilationist too, like josephw is?
    Not at all anyone can cherry pick scriptures make them mean what they want to them; however, all text on every topic must be taken into account. That leaves no room for a temporary punishment with the torment lasting forever the two can’t be true at the same time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree