1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 22:34
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    A slight difference? No, there's a huge difference.

I thought I covered the difference in my previous post.

You can read, can't you?

Your problem is that you cannot conceive of a reason why Faith is more important than Proof.
    I thought I covered the difference in my previous post.

Not really. How do you know the teams are real?! The short answer is you don't.

As for my reading ability and my problem, please your doinf yourself a disservice. Don't lower yourself to RJHinds level.
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 22:52
    Originally posted by buckky
    Are there really demons, and devils, and nasty beings that try to make you do bad things ? I've never seen or heard of any such things except in the movies. The invisable world of intelligent life that is superimposed over the physical world sounds fascinating. The astral world is the domain of departed souls that can't seem to figure out they are dead. I hope it's all true, but I doubt it.
    Are there really demons, and devils, and nasty beings that try to make you do bad things ? buckky

Visit the debates forum. They're running wild over there hiding behind the name "progressives". 😉
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 22:58
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Are there really demons, and devils, and nasty beings that try to make you do bad things ? buckky

Visit the debates forum. They're running wild over there hiding behind the name "progressives". 😉
    Ho ho. Master of the Zinger.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 23:302 edits

Personally, I think people fail to see how evil, evil really is. If you think about
    it we are all part of the same group of people, I believe God started us all and
    we are one people the human race. Now evil, instead of us caring for one
    another pushes us to do things that fractures us, that destroys us, that causes
    us to hate ourselves, to belittle one another, and so on. There is no respect for
    age, no matter how young/old, no matter how weak, no matter how innocent
    evil seeks to kill, steal, and destroy. Even knowning those that buy into it will
    face a devil's hell forever does not stop it from trying to drag others into it's
    power.

People will lie, cheat, steal, rob, rape, murder, hord, belittle, and justify all
    the wicked things they do. People will excuse the bad things they do by casting
    blame somewhere else. All the while doing the very things they condemn.
    We see our own faults, but quickly move onto to some other topic least we
    feel the need to change.

Demons can offer up anything, the world, or some small part of it, but in the
    taking we loose our souls as the end of all things sinful leads to death. The
    power of darkness is everywhere we see the dark things of man, pushing us
    into more and more, pulling us into it deeper and deeper.

The good news is Jesus Christ has overcome, all the power of darkness has
    been defeated, and evil's time is short.
    Kelly
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 23:471 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Personally, I think people fail to see how evil, evil really is. If you think about
    it we are all part of the same group of people, I believe God started us all and
    we are one people the human race. Now evil, instead of us caring for one
    another pushes us to do things that fractures us, that destroys us, that causes
    us to hate ourselves, to belittle one t has overcome, all the power of darkness has
    been defeated, and evil's time is short.
    Kelly
    "People will lie, cheat, steal, rob, rape, murder, hord, belittle, and justify all
    blame somewhere else"-KellyJay

belittle?! really?! belittle of ones political opponent in jest is wicked?! WTF are you smoking?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '11 23:50
    "People will lie, cheat, steal, rob, rape, murder, hord, [b]belittle, and justify all
    blame somewhere else"-KellyJay

belittle?! really?! belittle of ones political opponent in jest is wicked?! WTF are you smoking?[/b]
    According to Jesus to call another a fool puts you in danger of Hell. I'd say
    anything that causes you to do anything other than love and care for another
    is something you should be concern about.
    Kelly
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:07
    According to Jesus to call another a fool puts you in danger of Hell. I'd say
    anything that causes you to do anything other than love and care for another
    is something you should be concern about.
    Kelly
    Dont give me "according to Jesus". I will dance circles around you with bible translation.

And as far as the word "fool" who said fool? Dont start your strawman crap.

You are essentially telling me to badmouth about ones political opponents ,people who are humanist, Godless, anti Constitution,anti American, basically Marxist, etc (by their own admission) is a wicked sin and I am in line to suffer hell fire?!
    Are you insane?

Where do you come up with this crap?
    Its people with condescending attitudes like you that give Christianity a bad name.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:231 edit
    Dont give me "according to Jesus". I will dance circles around you with bible translation.

You are essentially telling me to badmouth about ones political opponents ,people who are humanist, Godless, anti Constitution,anti American, basically Marxist, etc (by their own ...[text shortened]... s crap?
    Its people with condescending attitudes like you that give Christianity a bad name.
    You can dance all you want, and bring up any translation you feel comfortable
    with I don't care. I'm telling you how you treat people matters, if you want
    to belittle or treat them in any way other than being respectful that is on you,
    if that is how you want to be treated your in error.

Yes, I'm telling you how you treat your political opponents and I'll take it
    beyong that, even how you treat your real life enemies matters.
    Kelly
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:342 edits

You are essentially telling me to badmouth about ones political opponents ,people who are humanist, Godless, anti Constitution,anti American, basically Marxist, etc (by their own ...[text shortened]... s crap?
    Looking at the life of Jesus, who did Jesus attack verbally Uther and who did he reach out to?

Jesus attacked the religious leaders of his day and concerned himself with the average man. My guess is that the religous leaders would have been considered some of the most conservative individuals of that time. In fact, John the Baptist and his unorthodox ministry and Jesus threatened that establishment and both died as a result. The religious leaders belived in God did they not?

In short. any philosophy or form of government can be corrupted by an evil heart. Usually this evil can be easily perceived as those in power exercise their power over others as the freedoms of the masses disappear into thin air. After all, if God made us free then who is man to take such freedom away? The religious leaders in the time of Jesus worked to find fault in what he had to say in order to undermine his influence. They constantly accused him of blasphemy and tried to twist his words around. Then they oppressed those they had power over and tried to increase their own influence.

Much of this kind of activity can be seen on these forums and in government at large. Just don't be apart of it. Those that advocate for the freedoms of the average man should be championed and those who try to take away such freedom should be pointed out and dealt with.
  10. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:43
    According to Jesus to call another a fool puts you in danger of Hell.
    Kelly
    That does not sound like something Jesus would actually have said, though I must admit to a less than exhaustive knowledge of Jesus quotes.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 00:46
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    That does not sound like something Jesus would actually have said, though I must admit to a less than exhaustive knowledge of Jesus quotes.
    How about chasing around men with a whip? Does that sound like something Jesus would do?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 01:16
    Matthew 5:22
    but I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 01:24
    Scripture teaches when something bad happens to those we dislike we should
    not rejoice over it or God will see and be displeased. What would a world that
    is govened by love really be like? We are good with casting judgments, but
    even there we are warned that how we judge we will be judged! A fair and
    level playing ground is what we need to strive for, to treat others as we would
    be treated, even with those who disagree with us, or hate us. We are told to do
    good to those that hate us, the fact that most of out entertainment is about
    people who take revenge upon others basically has our culture teaching
    us, get even, get over, get them belore they get us. This is not what Jesus
    taught as far as how we are to act, but it is our culture, and if you believe in
    demons you got to know they are acting to cause as many as possible to miss
    the mark.
    Kelly
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 17:39
    Scripture teaches when something bad happens to those we dislike we should
    not rejoice over it or God will see and be displeased. What would a world that
    is govened by love really be like? We are good with casting judgments, but
    even there we are warned that how we judge we will be judged! A fair and
    level playing ground is what we need to strive for, t ...[text shortened]... n
    demons you got to know they are acting to cause as many as possible to miss
    the mark.
    Kelly
    Alas, it's an imperfect world. If everyone who professed to be a Christian were truly Christian, there would be no Republican Party in the U.S.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 20:26
    Alas, it's an imperfect world. If everyone who professed to be a Christian were truly Christian, there would be no Republican Party in the U.S.
    I guess that leaves the Democrat party to do the Lord's work, eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree