1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '11 21:121 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I guess that leaves the Democratic party to do the Lord's work, eh?
    Unless you have an alternative...? (Which I might prefer were it available).
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 02:17
    I guess that leaves the Democrat party to do the Lord's work, eh?
    That does not actually follow.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 02:50
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Alas, it's an imperfect world. If everyone who professed to be a Christian were truly Christian, there would be no Republican Party in the U.S.
    You give to much credit to political parties, I don't care which one you like or
    dislike. Between the Rep and the Dem the one thing they both have in common
    is that they are both filled with sinners.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 08:23
    How about chasing around men with a whip? Does that sound like something Jesus would do?
    Uh. It sounds more like Mistress Helga.
  5. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 08:56
    So ALL the evil that happens in the world is due to Man?
    While I agree that some people use the idea of demons as excuses to take away their resposibility for their evil acts; can we say that all the evil in this world is due to Man? I don't think so...
    Duality would suggest that if God existed then the opposite would also have to exist... the devil.
    If there is good then evil also exists.
    Just because we cannot prove/see something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    We can't see air but it exists....
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '11 12:51
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    So ALL the evil that happens in the world is due to Man?
    While I agree that some people use the idea of demons as excuses to take away their resposibility for their evil acts; can we say that all the evil in this world is due to Man? I don't think so...
    Duality would suggest that if God existed then the opposite would also have to exist... the devil.
    ...[text shortened]... prove/see something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
    We can't see air but it exists....
    I'll say we bring on ourselves almost all of the evil yes. I disagree with "Duality"
    as I believe evil is not needed at all in creation it is just a prevertion of good,
    it is not an equally powerful force. Evil cannot stand on its own.
    I do believe there are demons that tempt man, that try to prevert mankind into
    destroying itself, but their time is short.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 03:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'll say we bring on ourselves almost all of the evil yes. I disagree with "Duality"
    as I believe evil is not needed at all in creation it is just a prevertion of good,
    Kelly
    I agree that evil is not an equally powerful force and it cannot stand for long.
  8. Standard memberpyxelated
    Dawg of the Lord
    The South
    Moves
    26 Jul '11 10:29
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Kelly
    St. Francis de Sales (I think; don't feel like checking right now) compared the devil to a big, vicious dog on a long chain. As long as you stay out of his reach, he can't do much to hurt you. But (and this is my own addition) there are some pretty attractive things in his yard.

Like all analogies, this one isn't perfect. But I think it captures the actual situation for most people, most of the time, pretty well.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 07:10
    Originally posted by pyxelated
    St. Francis de Sales (I think; don't feel like checking right now) compared the devil to a big, vicious dog on a long chain. As long as you stay out of his reach, he can't do much to hurt you. But (and this is my own addition) there are some pretty attractive things in his yard.

Like all analogies, this one isn't perfect. But I think it captures the actual situation for most people, most of the time, pretty well.
    I'll give you that, we do tend to look for the attractive things a lot without
    counting the cost.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 08:27
    True, reminds me of a verse
    1Jn 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the
    eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jul '11 12:52
    Originally posted by shahenshah
    True, reminds me of a verse
    1Jn 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the
    eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    Sort of reminds me of we battle against the world, the flesh, and the devil.
    Not sure who coined that, but it rings true to me. We do have lust within us,
    the world system puts itself at odds with God, and devil is our enemy trying
    to get us to line up with himself instead of God.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree