1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 16:312 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Demons, curses, witches and the like are not 'knowledge' that has been lost, but superstitious nonsense eradicated by modern understanding.

Well I disagree. And not for nostalgia reasons. And not for conservative reasons.

Here in 2018 we still have slavery as alive and well.
    We also have Voodoo in Haiti, Black Magic practitioners in other countries, heavy in Africa, Wanna Bes in the good old modernized US who want to learn these occult activities and master them.

Years ago before I was interested in being a follower of Jesus my brother and I read books by William S. Seabrook who spoke of his encounters and mastery of cursing people.

Voodoo in many places in Africa is no joke. You ask some of the people with family feuds and vengeance cycles.

The YouTube I put up is not going to be appreciated by everybody. I would not recommend it for everybody either. But this is public and the targeted mature audiences can see it along with hecklers like you.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 16:40
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Demons, curses, witches and the like are not 'knowledge' that has been lost, but superstitious nonsense eradicated by modern understanding.

Well I disagree. And not for nostalgia reasons. And not for conservative reasons.

Here in 2018 we still have slavery as alive and well.
    We also have Voodoo in Haiti, Black Magic practitioners i ...[text shortened]... ither. But this is public and the targeted mature audiences can see it along with hecklers like you.
    The 'reality' of such superstitious beliefs have been eradicated by modern understanding, but yes, there are people around the world who continue to believe in them.

Challenging such primitive beliefs (fella) is not heckling.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:05
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

The 'reality' of such superstitious beliefs have been eradicated by modern understanding, but yes, there are people around the world who continue to believe in them.

"Modern understanding" includes people who research what they call paranormal phenomenon.

Some answers can be found in the realm of the occult.

Besides this, D. Prince spoke of many things which were not necessarily supernatural. And modern understanding would concur that the power of speech on people's lives can be greater then were realize.

So subsumming all this under superstition won't do for some of us. You can always feel safe in broad generalizations. I think a case by case examination is more realistic.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:32
    @sonship said

Some answers can be found in the realm of the occult.
    Examples?!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:344 edits
    We are a three part being. The three parts of our total being correspond to three realms in which created man must interact.

We have a spirit.
    We have a soul.
    We have a body.

And there are three realms with which the created human must interact.

The body is for interacting with the physical universe.
    The soul is for interacting with the psychological world - the world of other minds.
    The spirit of man is for interacting with God Who is Spirit.

The situation is even more involved. And here is why. The soul of man at the fall buried some of its powers. There are powers of the soul - soulical power, or psychological powers which became dormant and latent deep down in man.

Both in the East and in the West there are people who know about these powers. They have various techniques to be in touch with these latent soulical abilities.

For this reason sometimes the practitioners of taping into latent soul power seem to do things which are extraordinary. In martial arts, in techniques of meditation, in other practices men and women through the centuries have sought to tape into soul power. This is sometimes referred to as Science of the Soul.

It gets even more complicated. That is because some practitioners of latent soul power mistakenly think this is spiritual and has to do with gods or God. That is seemingly miraculous feats which are a display of latent soul power are taken as things related to God doing something.

These mixture and confusion can and has found place in Christianity. I mean in some places in Christianity what is being displayed by some "healers" is not faith healing but displayes of latent soulical power - awakened powers of the soul of man to do things.

It gets even more complicated. Sorry. It gets even more confused. Along with the disciplines of taping into latent soul power there are deceiving spiritual beings who are ALL TO EAGER to deceive humans THROUGH them TOO getting involved with fallen man's exercise of soul power. In the Bible they were called "familiar spirits".

These spirits may mock deceased people. They can ramsack a person's memory and pretend to be some dead person in seances. They may imitated departed loved ones. They may deceive people that they can contact the dead, the past lives, lives on other planets, channelling other persons.

These deceiving spirits mix themselves up with deceived humans in the exercise and pursuit of buried soul energy. It can get very confusing and deceiving. And they often seek to use man's gullibility to lead them away from God.

Apart from this there is genuine spiritual experience which involves the regenerated human spirit fellowshipping with, communion with, and intuitive wisdom with knowing the one true God.

I think in every age they also can cause some people to see what they want to see. IE. flying saucers in the modern age, unicorns or leprechans in times by gone ages. They can with some people let them see what they want to be real. Sometimes that may be the VIrgin Mary associated with idolatry in Catholicism. It can occur in Protestant circles also.

That's enough for this post. God's salvation can save human beings in ALL THREE parts of their being - spirit and soul and body.

"And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Thess. 5:23)

That is salvation extended to all three parts of the human constitution. And the environment is involved also eventually - a complete, all-inclusive, and total salvation in Jesus Christ.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:481 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Son of Sam.
    Some serial killers.
    Some serial rapists.
    Probably Charles Manson.

Sometimes it is just mental illness.
    Sometime it is combination of mental illness and demonic activity.

You do some searching on paranormal phenomenon yourself.

Some people claiming that voices told them to do this or that despicable thing.

A plausible case for skepticsm can be had of course.

Son of Sam said his cat or dog was telling him to commit those murders. People who dabble in the occult may experience life long problems which they cannot indentify causes for.

Sometimes while you are involved there is no problem. When you try to disengage yourself the spiritual battle starts.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:49
    @sonship said
    We are a three part being. The three parts of our total being correspond to three realms in which created man must interact.

We have a spirit.
    We have a soul.
    We have a body.

And there are three realms with which the created human must interact.

The body is for interacting with the physical universe.
    The soul is for interact ...[text shortened]... onment is involved also eventually - a complete, all-inclusive, and total salvation in Jesus Christ.
    Are those your own thoughts?
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:541 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Those are my thoughts learned from BIble study and other's experience and Bible study.

In the 60s twice demons tried to get me to kill myself.
    Once to jump out of a window to my death under psychedelics. Another time to step out on a highway in front of cars under psychedelics.

I thank God that I found Christ. Maybe apart from the prayers of some people - I should be dead.
    Some of my contemporaries did die needlessly.

Is you skepticism your thoughts?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 18:02
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Son of Sam.
    Some serial killers.
    Some serial rapists.
    Probably Charles Manson.

Sometimes it is just mental illness.
    Sometime it is combination of mental illness and demonic activity.

You do some searching on paranormal phenomenon yourself.

Some people claiming that voices told them to do this or that despicable thing.

A plausible ca ...[text shortened]... ou are involved there is no problem. When you try to disengage yourself the spiritual battle starts.
    There are well studied psychological reasons for people hearing voices. It is something I encounter daily in the course of my work. (It is prevalent in cases of schizophrenia and is also something I have encountered with people suffering from certain forms of dementia).

Linking 'demonic' activity to such a condition is not only profoundly naive and an indication of an unlearned mind, it is also damaging, not only in regards to stigma but also in leading to those terrible accounts we've all heard of sufferers of schizophrenia being 'exorcized' by their primitive communities to get the demons out of them. (There was a fairly recent case in London where chili was put in a young girl's eyes in the course of such an exorcism by her church).
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 18:05
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Those are my thoughts learned from BIble study and other's experience and Bible study.

In the 60s twice demons tried to get me to kill myself.
    Once to jump out of a window to my death under psychedelics. Another time to step out on a highway in front of cars under psychedelics.

I thank God that I found Christ. Maybe apart from the prayers of ...[text shortened]... should be dead.
    Some of my contemporaries did die needlessly.

Is you skepticism your thoughts?
    " In the 60s twice demons tried to get me to kill myself. Once to jump out of a window to my death under psychedelics. Another time to step out on a highway in front of cars under psychedelics.'

Have you considered the possibility sir that the psychedelics were responsible, not demons?!
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 20:593 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Have you considered the possibility sir that the psychedelics were responsible, not demons?!

Yes.
    But the perniciousness and maliciousness of the thoughts injected into my mind persuade me more that demonic activity was involved - the psychedelics opening up the door for them.

I would not fight over it. I could be wrong.
    I do not think I am in this case.

And I would not encourage looking for evil spirits in every corner or under every bed. But things are shot into our minds as arrows sometime.

When you become a Christian you learn not to accept some of these flaming darts in spiritual warfare. You learn not to own them as your thoughts.

HOWEVER, and it is a big however, we often leave the door OPEN in our being for such attacks through the sins that we have been involved in.

Our sinning causes us to yield ground to Satan and his hordes of demons. To commit sin is to become a slave of sin.

Sin leaves us after years like a broken down house whose walls are crumbling and when parasitic like evil spirits can come and go enticing us.

We need the Holy Spirit in Jesus Christ to recover, heal, repair, restore, rescue, deliver, uplift, and build us up in God.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 21:40
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes.
    But the perniciousness and maliciousness of the thoughts injected into my mind persuade me more that demonic activity was involved - the psychedelics opening up the door for them.

I would not fight over it. I could be wrong.
    I do not t ...[text shortened]... in Jesus Christ to recover, heal, repair, restore, rescue, deliver, uplift, and build us up in God.
    You're surprised that psychedelics messed with the normal functioning of your brain?

How curious.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 21:513 edits
    You're surprised that psychedelics messed with the normal functioning of your brain?

How curious.

Where did I say I was surprised?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 21:53
    @sonship said

How curious.

For some reason I feel hesitant to pass that little gem of insight on to a few parents I know whose children died using psychedelic drugs.

Medieval superstition you think?
    Make use of that hesitation to really take in this previous post:

There are well studied psychological reasons for people hearing voices. It is something I encounter daily in the course of my work. (It is prevalent in cases of schizophrenia and is also something I have encountered with people suffering from certain forms of dementia).

Linking 'demonic' activity to such a condition is not only profoundly naive and an indication of an unlearned mind, it is also damaging, not only in regards to stigma but also in leading to those terrible accounts we've all heard of sufferers of schizophrenia being 'exorcized' by their primitive communities to get the demons out of them. (There was a fairly recent case in London where chili was put in a young girl's eyes in the course of such an exorcism by her church).
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 21:55
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I miss understood your remark. And my response was erased.

My last response was that I did not say I was surprised that psychedelics mess with the functions of the mind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree