1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 17:581 edit
    Not many Christian teachers have good teaching on demonology. It becomes sensationalism with many.

Brother Derek Prince has some helpful things which are biblical and much experience with demons.

How Demons Can Cause Negative Thinking
    YouTube

Christ is the answer to harrassment by evil spirits.
    Christ is the answer to the entire problem of the fallen mankind infested with sin, separated from God.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 18:11
    @sonship said
    Not many Christian teachers have good teaching on demonology. It becomes sensationalism with many.

Brother Derek Prince has some helpful things which are biblical and much experience with demons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnr97uGmIc8

Christ is the answer to harrassment by evil spirits.
    Christ is the answer to the entire problem of the fallen mankind infested with sin, separated from God.
    Are you inviting discussion; if so about what aspect in particular?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 18:181 edit
    @divegeester said
    Are you inviting discussion; if so about what aspect in particular?
    I'm reluctant to follow the link in case evil spirits are convoluted with mental health disorders.

That would be too depressing to read.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 18:22
    @sonship said
    What an ideal opportunity to gather evidence for demons and/or god.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 19:222 edits
    @divegeester

I would discuss with those who watch the video.
    I was relieved to learn something about demonic spirits.

You might be helped to see who "the torturers" might be in the NT.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 19:52
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

I would discuss with those who watch the video.
    I was relieved to learn something about demonic spirits.

You might be helped to see who "the torturers" might be in the NT.
    Why will I be “relieved” ?

What is it you want to discus?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 20:452 edits
    @divegeester

How To Pass From Curse to Blessing by Derek Prince complete Has been viewed by 1,622,059 views

( don't bother telling me that means nothing. It might mean something ).

YouTube

I said that I was relieved to learn about demons.

It is often a relief for a ill person to get a diagnosis of a problem. Then you understand what you are up against. The same is true in the spiritual realm. Sometimes when oppressed for long periods of time it is a relief for someone to have a diagnosis which reveals more of where the problem lies.

Realism can be a relief.

Many people keep their Bible shut because they do not want to be bothered by God. Their attitude needs to change and realize that it is God's love seeking to expose the enemy working in darkness.

It is good to come to His word with a prayer saying "Lord God, YOU are NOT the enemy."

This lecture is long. It covers curses, blessings, habits, national problems, healings, practical ways to be delivered from spiritual illnesses. Though it is long, it is worth the time, I think.

IT gets better as Derek Prince goes into his experiences. It is not just theory.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '19 22:49
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

How To Pass From Curse to Blessing by Derek Prince complete Has been viewed by 1,622,059 views

( don't bother telling me that means nothing. It might mean something ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj5xbqqIuE8

I said that I was relieved to learn about demons.

It is often a relief for a ill person to get a diagnosis of a proble ...[text shortened]... time, I think.

IT gets better as Derek Prince goes into his experiences. It is not just theory.
    What is the name, face or manifestation of the demon you are relieved to know about?
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 18:57
    @divegeester said
    What is the name, face or manifestation of the demon you are relieved to know about?
    Based on jaywill's posting history one would be the taking-words-out-of-context demon.

I'm relieved to know that a cure may be on its way.

Of course, there are more, but it'd be a start.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 19:12
    @thinkofone said
    Based on jaywill's posting history one would be the taking-words-out-of-context demon.

I'm relieved to know that a cure may be on its way.

Of course, there are more, but it'd be a start.
    I strongly suspect, although sonship denies it, that this thread was aimed at me.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 20:22
    Thread update:

1. There are no such things as demons (in the sense implied).
    2. There is no such thing as a 'spiritual illness' (just 'illnesses.' )
    3. Curses have no intellectual place beyond the 17th century.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 22:062 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Thread update:

1. There are no such things as demons (in the sense implied).
    2. There is no such thing as a 'spiritual illness' (just 'illnesses.' )
    3. Curses have no intellectual place beyond the 17th century.

So says the "Spirited Misfit".

Your proof of the three updates ?

Do you think modernization can in some instances cause societies to lose touch with actual phenomenon that people in the past recognized has having validity? Do you think modernization can cause some knowledge gained in the past to be lost?

A Yes or a No would suffice for now.

Do you think modernization can never cause a loss of legitimate knowledge of the world but ONLY increase?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 01:241 edit
    @sonship said
    Do you think modernization can in some instances cause societies to lose touch with actual phenomenon that people in the past recognized has having validity? Do you think modernization can cause some knowledge gained in the past to be lost?

Do you think modernization can never cause a loss of legitimate knowledge of the world but ONLY increase?
    What do you make of "knowledge gained in the past" regarding things like trepanation, use of mercury, and things like bloodletting, or vaginal massages to treat nervousness and irritability in women? Did not people in the past recognize these as having validity?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 01:25
    @sonship said
    On what basis are you claiming to have "legitimate knowledge" about "demons"?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 11:43
    @sonship said
    Do you think modernization can cause some knowledge gained in the past to be lost?

Demons, curses, witches and the like are not 'knowledge' that has been lost, but superstitious nonsense eradicated by modern understanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree