1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 10:40
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Well put!
    Too much focus on the physical.
    After all, no one knows the origon of man-not theists or athiests.
    For theists it was "created " by God.
    For athiests everything we know came from the BigBang.
    In my way of thinking there is no difference.
    I suspect mans history has been a long and painful one and finding out about our true past can fin ...[text shortened]... e same boat-even those pesky illuminati who were trying to escape to their space base on Mars!
    even those pesky illuminati who were trying to escape to their space base on Mars.

Karoly, what on earth are you talking about now?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 11:06
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]even those pesky illuminati who were trying to escape to their space base on Mars.

Karoly, what on earth are you talking about now?[/b]
    Well the controlling elite-who have had this planet in their grasp for millenia forsaw that the Earth was quite possibly headed for disaster. So, with the help of their alien mates, they built a base on Mars so they could escape if need be. Apparently this base was destroyed,(not sure how), and so they've had to revise their gameplans. They, like us, are all in it together.

Whether this story is true or not is not important to me. Many stories are fiction. Terrestrial ones, I mean. Upto 75% of what we think to be true may be false.

So I go with my intuition with this (and other) stuff. There is a lesson in the stories, and that is what I like to get at.
    And there are a lot of suggestions in that short little story, so I thought I just might throw it out there.
    I know, I know-it sounds crazy. I would suggest that reality is stranger than fiction and the only thing holding us back from seeing reality in its entirity is our inability to "see " properly.
    What do you think?
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 11:51
    Well the controlling elite-who have had this planet in their grasp for millenia forsaw that the Earth was quite possibly headed for disaster. So, with the help of their alien mates, they built a base on Mars so they could escape if need be. Apparently this base was destroyed,(not sure how), and so they've had to revise their gameplans. They, like us, ar ...[text shortened]... from seeing reality in its entirity is our inability to "see " properly.
    What do you think?
    "Upto 75% of what we think to be true may be false.

Therefore 25% of what we think is true is definitely true.
    AND
    The remaining 75% may be true or false.

Anyone know what the 25% is?

Did you know that 83% of statistics are made up?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 12:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    [b]"Upto 75% of what we think to be true may be false.

Therefore 25% of what we think is true is definitely true.
    AND
    The remaining 75% may be true or false.

Anyone know what the 25% is?

Did you know that 83% of statistics are made up?[/b]
    Its just words.
    I know what is true when I have seen it with my own eyes, after that comes words from reliable witnesses, then some other scources like books,etc.

Then there are interpretations, which may be along the lines of the actual truth they refer to.

I just kinda jumped at that figure.

Its definately not all true. Disinformation and misinformation have been around a long time.

yes, you may say its another contentious claim from good ol' karoly, but hey, I'm suggesting answers, and "indicators of truth", rather than raising more questions about subjects which I dont really understand.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 12:23
    I know what is true when I have seen it with my own eyes, ...
    You've obviously never seen a good card trick.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 12:24
    And there are a lot of suggestions in that short little story, so I thought I just might throw it out there.
    There is nothing wrong with giving short stories to make a point, but when you state them as if you believe they might actually be true, you start to sound quite seriously deluded.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 14:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You've obviously never seen a good card trick.
    Yes I have.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 14:26
    There is nothing wrong with giving short stories to make a point, but when you state them as if you believe they might actually be true, you start to sound quite seriously deluded.
    I know by your standards I sound deluded. You think I care?
    Since you started it, what would you say if I called you deluded for not even seeming to consider my story?

Look people, its like this: Some people get scammed by a financial group. Some three million dollars. So they tell everyone of their heartache story. What they dont tell you is that they're going to get nearly all of it back from the government or whatever.
    Now that IS a true story, but most people will just have the "victims" version, which is they lost three million dollars.
    Years, decades later, everyone remembers the victims account of the story.

Now if you cant explain mans origons, i recommend you step off.
    If you know what area51 is? mk-ultra? Roswell? Biblical connections to ufo-lore,etc.? then please enlighten me.
    My study, albeit unorthodox, has led me to some conclusions. Not all of which are true.
    If you can sit back and be comfortable with your life and your knowledge of things then cool. But I have some serious problems with reality. (By reality I mean the day to day runnings of things).
    I believe I am finding answers to my inquiries and I definately feel less deluded for trying to find the truth.

Fine line between sounding deluded and being deluded. Do you think my posting history would suggest I'm deluded?
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 15:29
    Probably not. You don't seem to affected by other peoples poor opinions of you. Thats a good thing.

Since you started it, what would you say if I called you deluded for not even seeming to consider my story?
    I wouldn't be too bothered either. But I don't think you do consider me deluded. I think you know perfectly well that there are no Illuminati bases on mars, and never have been.

I think you know the difference between these statements:
    "Much of what we think we know is false."
    and
    "Much of what we think we know to be false is true".
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 18:03
    Well the controlling elite-who have had this planet in their grasp for millenia forsaw that the Earth was quite possibly headed for disaster. So, with the help of their alien mates, they built a base on Mars so they could escape if need be. Apparently this base was destroyed,(not sure how), and so they've had to revise their gameplans. They, like us, ar ...[text shortened]... from seeing reality in its entirity is our inability to "see " properly.
    What do you think?
    What do i think?

I think there are no bases on Mars, and we are not in collusion with life from another planet(s).
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 18:16

Look people, its like this: Some people get scammed by a financial group. Some three million dollars. So they tell everyone of their heartache story. What they dont tell you is that t ...[text shortened]... unding deluded and being deluded. Do you think my posting history would suggest I'm deluded?
    Mans origins according to modern science are thus -

We are a species called Homo sapien sapien, we are originally from East Africa. Around 70,000yrs ago a small band of pioneers (possibly around 200 or so) crossed the Red Sea into modern day Yemen and travelled round the coastline into India, S E Asia and eventually down into Australia, others continued to follow the coastline and carried on up to Japan. Eventually they crossed through what was Beringia into America and down into S America. At various points on the coastal route groups headed in land following river systems. About 40,000yrs ago we made it into Europe.

Area 51 is a secret US military base.

MK-Ultra was an illegal classified 'experiment'.

Roswell is probably just another story where people want to believe more than there is.

Biblical connections to ufo-lore is probably a load of rubbish.
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 18:28
    Well put!
    Too much focus on the physical.
    After all, no one knows the origon of man-not theists or athiests.
    For theists it was "created " by God.
    For athiests everything we know came from the BigBang.
    In my way of thinking there is no difference.
    I suspect mans history has been a long and painful one and finding out about our true past can fin ...[text shortened]... e same boat-even those pesky illuminati who were trying to escape to their space base on Mars!
    “…After all, no one knows the origin of man -not theists or atheists…” ( spellings corrected )

No; most atheists and many theists ( or most? ) know that man evolved and say this because evolution is a scientific fact.

“…For theists it was "created " by God.
    For atheists everything we know came from the Big Bang.
    In my way of thinking there is no difference….”

So according to your thinking, the big bang theory is a theory about how a supernatural “God” just magically created everything?
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 22:17
    Probably not. You don't seem to affected by other peoples poor opinions of you. Thats a good thing.

[b]Since you started it, what would you say if I called you deluded for not even seeming to consider my story?

I wouldn't be too bothered either. But I don't think you do consider me deluded. I think you know perfectly well that there are no Illumin ...[text shortened]... at we think we know is false."
    and
    "Much of what we think we know to be false is true".[/b]
    I dont consider you deluded, i actually think you are up there with the most meticulous on this forum.
    But why would you say I know perfectly well there never have been Mars bases for the controlling elite of this planet? You saying it is out of the realms of possibility? Now whether you call that deluded or close-minded doesn't matter so much. But I see a flaw in your reasoning process there...
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 22:19
    What do i think?

I think there are no bases on Mars, and we are not in collusion with life from another planet(s).
    Absolutely none of us? Can you categorically say that?
    Would you still believe the same if, in your experience, you believed that you had first-hand contact with E.T.'s?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Aug '10 22:21
    Mans origins according to modern science are thus -

We are a species called Homo sapien sapien, we are originally from East Africa. Around 70,000yrs ago a small band of pioneers (possibly around 200 or so) crossed the Red Sea into modern day Yemen and travelled round the coastline into India, S E Asia and eventually down into Australia, others ...[text shortened]... believe more than there is.

Biblical connections to ufo-lore is probably a load of rubbish.
    Thank you for the answers, the use of the word "probably" has been duly noted.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree