1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 07:24
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Cool post.
    Did you think it was really cool, or just cool?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 07:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Did you think it was really cool, or just cool?
    On the 'cool spectrum,' I would grade it as 'sufficiently cool.'
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 07:35
    On the 'cool spectrum,' I would grade it as 'sufficiently cool.'
    "I am disapoint" as it was once said.

I was hoping to further inflame the pubescent religious sensibilities of Romans1009
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 07:54
    "I am disapoint" as it was once said.

I was hoping to further inflame the pubescent religious sensibilities of Romans1009
    Ah, I see you’re back to bashing Christians and mocking your faith. Did you remember to post graphic sexual language in my Bible verses thread?

Better scamper over there, faux Christian.

Oh, and after you’re done bashing Christians and mocking your faith, remember to tell Jesus how much you love Him.

You’re such a phony, dive.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 08:32
    It always amuses me how when jumped up religious Christians come across another Christian who thinks they are a jumped up religious prick and tells them so... that they then feel the need to tell this person that they must therefore not be a "real" Christian. Somehow the feedback gets washed through a bunch of cognitive filters which it into the words of the anti-christ.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 10:13
    It always amuses me how when jumped up religious Christians come across another Christian who thinks they are a jumped up religious prick and tells them so... that they then feel the need to tell this person that they must therefore not be a "real" Christian. Somehow the feedback gets washed through a bunch of cognitive filters which it into the words of the anti-christ.
    Ah, and you see yourself as a “real Christian” in the way you exclusively bash and attack Christians, post graphic sexual language in a thread about Bible verses and spam a devotionals thread.

And a “real Christian” like you can’t answer if he believes Jesus Christ was God in the flesh and Resurrected without being shamed into it and seems profoundly embarrassed to be a Christian - so much so that you’re known ‘round these parts as the atheists’ lickspittle.

And a “real Christian” like you never discusses the Bible or Christianity unless he’s mocking them or endlessly posting about Jesus “personally” burning people alive for eternity.

Yeah, you’re not a faux Christian and phony at all 🙄
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 11:34
    exemplar
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 17:35
    exemplar
    You can do better than that. All that experience and practice you’ve had bashing and attacking Christians and mocking Christianity and that’s all you’ve got?

I notice the atheists haven’t been giving your posts “thumbs up” lately. That’s gotta sting. As their lickspittle, are you not entitled to the thumbs up? Or can’t they be bothered to do something so easy and simple for their lickspittle?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jun '18 19:50
    exemplar
    It's a thumbs up from me sir. (Though don't expect a devotional).
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 01:01
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You can do better than that. All that experience and practice you’ve had bashing and attacking Christians and mocking Christianity and that’s all you’ve got?

I notice the atheists haven’t been giving your posts “thumbs up” lately. That’s gotta sting. As their lickspittle, are you not entitled to the thumbs up? Or can’t they be bothered to do something so easy and simple for their lickspittle?
    I thought I was the atheists' lickspittle?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 11:19
    It's a thumbs up from me sir. (Though don't expect a devotional).
    Are you devoted to being an atheist?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 12:16
    Are you devoted to being an atheist?
    I'm devoted to the pursuit of knowledge, based on verifiable evidence.

So yes, I guess I am devoted to atheism.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 17:59
    I'm devoted to the pursuit of knowledge, based on verifiable evidence.

So yes, I guess I am devoted to atheism.
    So you only believe that for which verifiable evidence exists?

If a friend or relative who lives far away from you told you they just bought a new sewing machine, would you believe that? If so, based on what?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 18:01
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I thought I was the atheists' lickspittle?
    That was back when it looked like dive was abandoning the position. You can be an atheist lickspittle trainee.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '18 05:451 edit
    Daily Devotionals
    by Peter Kennedy:

Devotional - Money Is Fleeting
    Posted by Peter Kennedy on Wednesday Jun 13, 2018 under DEVOTIONS IN ECCLESIASTES & SONG OF SONGS

"God gives a man wealth, possessions and honor, so that he lacks nothing his heart desires, but God does not enable him to enjoy them, and a stranger enjoys them instead. This is meaningless, a grievous evil." - Ecclesiastes 6:2

In 1998, Gerald Muswagon won the $10 million Super 7 jackpot in Canada.

Gerald had the world at his feet after collecting the bumper jackpot win. It seemed as if life had given him a blessing and he was never going to have to worry about finances again during his lifetime.

Immediately after his win he went on a spending spree that saw him buy new cars for his family and friends. He bought a new house that he promptly turned into a self-proclaimed “party pad” and it was also alleged that he bought eight brand new big screen TVs for friends in a 24 hour shopping stint.

His cousin Mike Muswagon said “He didn’t have the right people around him at the time, people who could have guided him. A lot of people asked a lot of him.”

Gerald’s “party pad” became a den of alcohol and drug abuse. He also started up a logging business, but the business was soon failing as sales were low and profits plummeted.

Gerald was also involved in a series of run-ins with the law. In October 2000, Gerald was sentenced to three months in jail when he pleaded guilty to a charge of dangerous driving after he had led an epic police chase whilst driving his brand new Chevy Silverado at speeds that reached an estimated 111 miles per hour.

In 2005, he spent another three months in jail for sexual assault of a house cleaner.

Now penniless, he went back to work at a minimum wage job. In October 2005, he committed suicide.

Money is fleeting. We need to spend every valuable moment of life bringing glory to Christ.

Today in prayer, give the Lord your undivided heart and seek to glorify Him in all that you do.

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess, except in relation to the kingdom of Christ." - David Livingstone

God's Word: "Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work--this is a gift of God." - Ecclesiastes 5:19

By Peter Kennedy, Copyright 2018, Devotional E-Mail
    DEVOTIONS IN ECCLESIASTES & SONG OF SONGS

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree