1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 07:03
    I was reading a passage that Flexmore posted from Wikipedia on Yuz Asaf (Jesus) suggesting that after the crucifixion moved to India, where he died at a great age.

Is it plausible that Jesus actually existed as a man, possibly a heretic claiming to be a prophet, was sentenced to death by crucifixion, but was either rescued or escaped. Jesus, may, after escaping the romans went 'underground' for a few days (3 perhaps) to evade capture, the same way that modern criminals do. At this point Jesus ran off to India, where he lived to a great age (maybe up to 70, which in those days would have been hugely long).

Jesus' followers likely embelished the truth to make their 'Messiah' more impressive than he actually perhaps was. 'Coming back from the dead' being more a figure of speach rather than the absolute truth.

Any takers?
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 07:25
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    I was reading a passage that Flexmore posted from Wikipedia on Yuz Asaf (Jesus) suggesting that after the crucifixion moved to India, where he died at a great age.

Is it plausible that Jesus actually existed as a man, possibly a heretic claiming to be a prophet, was sentenced to death by crucifixion, but was either rescued or escaped. Jesus, may, af ...[text shortened]... ack from the dead' being more a figure of speach rather than the absolute truth.

Any takers?
    I think you may be a Muslim at heart.
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 07:25

Is it plausible that Jesus actually existed as a man, possibly a heretic claiming to be a prophet, was sentenced to death by crucifixion, but was either rescued or escaped. Jesus, may, af ...[text shortened]... ack from the dead' being more a figure of speach rather than the absolute truth.

Any takers?
    It's plausible.
  4. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 07:291 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I think you may be a Muslim at heart.
    No, not at all. Athiest through and through. Simply being pragmatic. Seeing a plausible non-supernatural solution to a story that would otherwise require supernatural intervention.

That and trying to cause trouble. 😉
  5. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 08:06
    Any takers?
    Apollonius of Tyana, anyone?
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 09:32
    Originally posted by David C
    Apollonius of Tyana, anyone?
    Well, perhaps, but Apollonius died a couple of centuries too late I'm afraid...
  7. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 09:45
    Well, perhaps, but Apollonius died a couple of centuries too late I'm afraid...
    You sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonius_of_tyana

The wiki article has the dates of his life as 13 March 2 - 98(?). What does Philostratus have to say?
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 09:53
    Any takers?
    I like it. I also like the one that has Jesus escaping with Mary Magdalene to the Languedoc region of France, there to establish the Blood Royal & ultimately make Dan Brown a millionaire.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 09:56
    Originally posted by David C
    You sure?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollonius_of_tyana

The wiki article has the dates of his life as 13 March 2 - 98(?). What does Philostratus have to say?
    Ah, I didn;t see that one before. I just picked up the first article on the web which said died 2nd century AD - which would make him too old.

If the Wiki article is right you could well be onto something... Good stuff, my mate!!
  10. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 09:57
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I like it. I also like the one that has Jesus escaping with Mary Magdalene to the Languedoc region of France, there to establish the Blood Royal & ultimately make Dan Brown a millionaire.
    I must have missed that line in Da Vinci code... Still it was a while since I read it...
  11. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 09:58
    Originally posted by stocken
    It's plausible.
    but.....??
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 10:00
    I must have missed that line in Da Vinci code... Still it was a while since I read it...
    I don't know, I haven't read it. There's a lot more interesting stuff to read on the subject. E.g. http://www.thevesselofgod.com/
  13. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 10:01
    but.....??
    No butts (ss-ss), or buts for that matter. I really think it's plausible.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 10:03
    Originally posted by stocken
    No butts (ss-ss), or buts for that matter. I really think it's plausible.
    Oh, wow! A follower! That's one then... 😉
  15. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    20 Dec '05 10:04
    Oh, wow! A follower! That's one then...
    Can't I believe two stories at once?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree