Did Jesus Live?

Did Jesus Live?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 06

We're finally going to get the answer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10712047/

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
05 Jan 06

Originally posted by no1marauder

Fascinating. I can just imagine what a spectacle this would be if we had such laws in the States.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
05 Jan 06

Is there any way we could get Ivanhoe and No1 to have a mock trial of this?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 Jan 06

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Fascinating. I can just imagine what a spectacle this would be if we had such laws in the States.
I am astonished.

s

Moves
05 Jan 06
1 edit

Well this article is much easier for a non-english to read than the post from Villiger yesterday (in the thread "no title" ). If I'd get my hands on this version first, we could have avoided some unnecessary confusion.

Not to mention my embarrassment, for repeatedly getting it so wrong...

😳

--- edit ---

A tip - never put a "-character right next to a )-character. That will produce a flirting smiley. Gaaaaaahhh...

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
05 Jan 06

Originally posted by kirksey957
Is there any way we could get Ivanhoe and No1 to have a mock trial of this?
You might persuade lucifershammer. He's been talking like a lawyer of late.

As for the court case--Italy has a rich tradition of comic opera.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jan 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
You might persuade lucifershammer. He's been talking like a lawyer of late.

As for the court case--Italy has a rich tradition of comic opera.
If your lawyer talks like LH, I suggest you immediately report him to both the nearest disciplinary committee and mental health professional.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
05 Jan 06

lol. I love it! I have my doubts about this, though...from the poll linked on the MSNBC article, it appears 4 out of 5 people still believe this feel-good fairy tale. There are too many powerful people with (I'll say it again) a vested interest in the status quo for this case to go against Jesus.

Italy may not be the best venue for this, too much iconography built into their society. Still, I'd be fascinated to watch the proceedings.

l

London

Moves
05 Jan 06

Naturally, whatever a court rules would be dogma with you.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
05 Jan 06

That just like saying did Hitler live?

Well did he? Prove it then.

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
That just like saying did Hitler live?

Well did he? Prove it then.
You are comparing the historical fact of the existence of Hitler with the believe in Jesus ... ???? I thought I came across it all here, but this is THE new standard of idiocy.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Naturally, whatever a court rules would be dogma with you.
You might try wearing platform shoes since sarcasm flies so far above the container of air you call a head.

D

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by NicolaiS
You are comparing the historical fact of the existence of Hitler with the believe in Jesus ... ???? I thought I came across it all here, but this is THE new standard of idiocy.
Oh really?
And how much research have you put into finding the truth about whether or not Jesus was a real man? How many hours have you spent reading opinions on both sides of the equations? How many historians have you read on the topic?
The existance of Jesus as a real human being is extremely well documented and only the pure denial of fact would lead someone to conclude elsewise. Assuming, of course, that one actually was interested in fact.

Daniel

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by DanielPasono
Oh really?
And how much research have you put into finding the truth about whether or not Jesus was a real man? How many hours have you spent reading opinions on both sides of the equations? How many historians have you read on the topic?
The existance of Jesus as a real human being is extremely well documented and only the pure denial of fact would ...[text shortened]... e to conclude elsewise. Assuming, of course, that one actually was interested in fact.

Daniel
Spoken like a true sheep, specifically a lamb,

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Ok, Ivanhoe, go ahead and cry, "Wolf!"

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
06 Jan 06

Originally posted by DanielPasono
The existance of Jesus as a real human being is extremely well documented and only the pure denial of fact would lead someone to conclude elsewise.
No, it isn't. It is based purely on secondary historical evidence (texts). The case for the existence of Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is equally well documented. Can I interest you in some fascinating literature?