1. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 14:591 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Smuck, smuck, smuck. Now that I've accomplished that, I must remind you that your 'threads' are nothing more than lunatic rantings of a disenfranchised mind, thinly veiled pseudo-academia desperately wanting to be a real boy.
    Attacks on the character of a person, is the last defense of a man devoid of a sound argument!

gil
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 19:50
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Smuck, smuck, smuck. Now that I've accomplished that, I must remind you that your 'threads' are nothing more than lunatic rantings of a disenfranchised mind, thinly veiled pseudo-academia desperately wanting to be a real boy.

As much as you want to see otherwise, the conspiracy is on the other side.
    Like I said go smuck yourself , you idiot.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 19:51
    Originally posted by gentlegil
    Attacks on the character of a person, is the last defense of a man devoid of a sound argument!

gil
    hiya gil πŸ™‚
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 19:53
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    without looking at the text is a bit like jumping off a diving board without checking to see if there's any water in the pool, isn't it?

Any impartial judge.
    I don't know which scripture you want to charge him with a crime
    over, that was my point on saying you need to bring up the text
    in quesiton. As far as making a judgment in concern, that also
    needs to be addressed too, who is going to stand in judgment?
    Anyone can be convicted by anyone else, but the authority to do
    so, making it matter, or meaningful is another thing altogether.
    Kelly
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 20:00
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I don't know which scripture you want to charge him with a crime
    over, that was my point on saying you need to bring up the text
    in quesiton. As far as making a judgment in concern, that also
    needs to be addressed too, who is going to stand in judgment?
    Anyone can be convicted by anyone else, but the authority to do
    so, making it matter, or meaningful is another thing altogether.
    Kelly
    Ok fair enough

Joshua 6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

for starters
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 20:31
    These Crimes

1. Conspiracy to commit crimes against peace
    2. Planning, initiating and waging wars of aggression
    3. War-Crimes
    4. Crimes against humanity
    Let's say he did. He wouldn't be much different from, say, Agamemnon--another exponent of noble values who might well be vilified today.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 22:32
    Any impartial judge
    In Christian thinking, didn’t God subsist before all created things? As I understand it God created all things out of nothing (spoke Words if Genesis and John are correct)? If so, he’s the source of existence as I understand it and it might not be a stretch to say that his creation is dependent upon him being. The order of importance always starts with God and ends with a creation of his. For me this picture of God seems to suggest that power, authority and so on, all fall within God’s rightful place. No matter my opinion, I am subject and dependent upon God for everything.

So, when I try to criticize God, I have no choice but to use the very things that God gave me, to attack Him. In my argument, I am already in debt to Him for the ability to argue. This complicates things for me when I try to argue with Him. I could not use reason, logic, or mind to begin to form an opinion either supporting or contrary to God. Neither could I use breath, sound, and this space between us to transport any message to any separate being to listen to my complaint. I am a subordinate to God, no matter what I try to do, subject to His will. I try to remember this vantage point before I start suggesting that I am right at faulting God for anything.

So, before I would join in on suggesting that God or a person directed by God was guilty of any crime, I would ask under who’s authority and jurisdiction am I under, am I the judge, or do I hold the seat I do now, a slave?

As far as I know, I’m a slave (given the chair of son by accepting Christ). That being said, God is just in whatever He does by His very nature and position. Only a rebellious slave who hated His master would suggest that God was anything other than that. Each time we say that I am right and God is wrong, we attack his position, power, authority and so on… It does appear this is futile and the only way for peace, is submission to the only Will that is worth submitting to, God’s. (Beyond that He loves you, proof: Christ).

I do think that you should question things but I do not believe everyone will like the answer they find. Not many people want to be considered a slave since in American especially, we pride ourselves on freedom and independence so much, it’s iconic really. I’m finding it hard to accept at times my lower position, but I also am finding peace here as I am not warring with God anymore about these things. I suppose however, if he took something important from me, I would be upset still. I hope not for long.

(I am not a big forums guy... I hope I haven't broken a rule by writing too much πŸ™‚
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 23:13
    Originally posted by Danteindoubt
    In Christian thinking, didn’t God subsist before all created things? As I understand it God created all things out of nothing (spoke Words if Genesis and John are correct)? If so, he’s the source of existence as I understand it and it might not be a stretch to say that his creation is dependent upon him being. The order of importance always starts with ...[text shortened]... or long.

(I am not a big forums guy... I hope I haven't broken a rule by writing too much πŸ™‚
    Darn it , I ain't said one derogatory thing about god, yet.
    The book of Joshua shows only what Joshua said and done. Any reference to god , might be his defense , however under section Article 6 ..........
    Leaders, organizers, instigators and accomplices participating in the formulation or execution of a common plan or conspiracy to commit any of the foregoing crimes are responsible for all acts performed by any persons in execution of such plan.

so is he guilty of crimes against humanity?
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    26 Jul '06 23:40
    In Christian thinking, didn’t God subsist before all created things? As I understand it God created all things out of nothing (spoke Words if Genesis and John are correct)? If so, he’s the source of existence as I understand it and it might not be a stretch to say that his creation is dependent upon him being. The order of importance always starts with ...[text shortened]... or long.

Of course, all these things are only true if he exists.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:11
    Not if he was directed by God to do so... since God's Law trumps all other's...

If he acted on his own will, then possibly yes.

I do not know enough about his will or God's to determine the truth in this matter...

Do you have a suggestion or opinion on this? Or have I missed it in this reading, (i didn't even read page two on this forum before I answered πŸ™ - still a bit new to this... sorry...
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:13
    Of course that's true and a risk I personally have already come to accept.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:24
    Not if he was directed by God to do so... since God's Law trumps all other's...

If he acted on his own will, then possibly yes.

I do not know enough about his will or God's to determine the truth in this matter...

Do you have a suggestion or opinion on this? Or have I missed it in this reading, (i didn't even read page two on this forum before I answered πŸ™ - still a bit new to this... sorry...
    Sorry but somebody saying god told him to do some vile act is a sign of insanity or in this case chicanery.
    What I want to know is did Joshua commit crimes against humanity?
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:51
    Like I said go smuck yourself , you idiot.
    That means so much, coming from a chap who lacks the discipline of grammar, let alone cogent thought. Keep up the good work of piercing our misconceptions of reality.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 00:51
    Sorry but somebody saying god told him to do some vile act is a sign of insanity or in this case chicanery.
    What I want to know is did Joshua commit crimes against humanity?
    I have completely failed at this πŸ™

last try:

You judged his act as vile and ungoddly. You became the judge here, that's your place.

To know this for sure we have to know if God told him to do it or not. However I said, I do not know what God's will was in this case. I do know that God does what he wants. If he wants to wipe away mankind with a flood - he's done that. If he wants to have people follow satan and other fallen angels to hell for not having faith in him, he can do that too. I cannot judge God without condeming myself - as I pointed out already!

So you challenge the authority of this man in his actions. That's fine, we should to be fair to our reason. But what evidence do we have now to tell us what his will and God's will was in this case?

It seems you want someone to say, he commited a crime against humanity... What do you gain from this? What are you getting at? Can't you just say it without having someone else fall into the suggestion you are leaving out?

(This is not intended to sound like yelling or anything, I'm just asking... thanks for the conversation by the way).
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Jul '06 01:10
    I have completely failed at this πŸ™

last try:

You judged his act as vile and ungoddly. You became the judge here, that's your place.

To know this for sure we have to know if God told him to do it or not. However I said, I do not know what God's will was in this case. I do know that God does what he wants. If he wants to wipe away mankind with a ...[text shortened]... und like yelling or anything, I'm just asking... thanks for the conversation by the way).
    I haven't judged him , Im asking you if he commited crimes against humanity. And god has nothing to do with it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree