1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '11 02:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    That's about the dumbest crap I've ever read. Every sentence drips with ignorants.

You are unteachable.
    Go back to your room and let the grownups talk.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jul '11 02:25
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Go back to your room and let the grownups talk.
    Are you saying you're a grownup?
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    06 Jul '11 09:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    We crucified Jesus.
    I remember Lenny Bruce saying something like that. He said, "Let's stop denying it. We Jews killed Christ. It was a party that got out of hand. And if he comes back we'll kill him again!"

I may not have it exactly right.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Jul '11 00:25
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Are there Christians here who blame "the Jews" for the death of Jesus?
    I blame my sins for his death. As well as everyone else's sins.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '11 06:251 edit
    Originally posted by Jenn1482
    Jesus was probably killed by a Roman plot.

Men throughout history have tried to assign blame for his death to various groups or people.
    Crucifixion was a wholly Roman way to kill enemies of the state. If the Romans thought this 'Savior Cult' as they saw it could be a threat to them, so they could easily arrest and kill the leader with their author eath, it begins there.

I hope that this might fill your hearts with peace.

-Jenn
    ==========================================
    "Father, Father, why have you forsaken me?" he calls... for only a second - it must have seemed like an eternity - his Father was absent him. The Righteous God of Israel cannot
    =============================================

He did not say "Father, Father whu have you forsaken me?"

He sais "My God, why have you forsaken Me?" While He bore in His body the sin of the world it was a man calling out to his God from Whom He is forsaken. Before that terrible moment it was to the "Father" He uttered "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." There was still communion and fellowship between the Father and the Son.

The darkest moment of the Son being a curse for us was the time when it was not to the Father He cried, but to His God.

At the very end of His suffering, He again calls upon the Father saying "Father into Your hands I commit My spirit."

Maybe at the moment of darkest curse in bearing divine judgment for our sins, He was forsaken, cut off from His Father, to utter "My God, My God" .
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 06:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I blame my sins for his death. As well as everyone else's sins.
    Retroactively?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree