1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 06:49
    Are there Christians here who blame "the Jews" for the death of Jesus?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 07:09
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    The Jews Annas and Caiaphas were High Priest and were very instrumental in Jesus's death.
  3. Joined
    06 Apr '11
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 07:45
    Jesus was probably killed by a Roman plot.

Men throughout history have tried to assign blame for his death to various groups or people.
    Crucifixion was a wholly Roman way to kill enemies of the state. If the Romans thought this 'Savior Cult' as they saw it could be a threat to them, so they could easily arrest and kill the leader with their authority, and they did. It being a Jewish holiday, the Romans gave the citizens of their province a chance to save a condemned prisoner. The Jews were 'persuaded' to pick the other guy, Barnabas, (what a scoundrel).

Ultimately, He was lashed, beaten, tortured, and hung from a tree. As he hang, dying, he takes upon himself the punishment due to the world. "Father, Father, why have you forsaken me?" he calls... for only a second - it must have seemed like an eternity - his Father was absent him. The Righteous God of Israel cannot look upon sin. With his death, the earth shook. The price is paid, the punishment over.

The important part of Jesus Christ's story is not the cross, or the crucifixion, but his Resurrection that occurred shortly thereafter. All of the wrongs of this whole existence for you and me were thrust upon one that did not deserve. Being totally innocent of such things, he was able to defeat their consequences entirely. The power given to man thereafter comes through faith in this.

My humblest apologies for such a long-winded answer. But I had to be clear to any that would inquire about this particular death. The story of Jesus Christ does not end with his death, it begins there.

I hope that this might fill your hearts with peace.

-Jenn
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 08:20
    John 11:45-53
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

45 Therefore many of the Jews who came to Mary, and saw what He had done, believed in Him.
    46 But some of them went to the Pharisees and told them the things which Jesus had done.

Conspiracy to Kill Jesus

47 Therefore the chief priests and the Pharisees convened a council, and were saying, “What are we doing? For this man is performing many signs.
    48 If we let Him go on like this, all men will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.”
    49 But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all,
    50 nor do you take into account that it is expedient for you that one man die for the people, and that the whole nation not perish.”
    51 Now he did not say this on his own initiative, but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus was going to die for the nation,
    52 and not for the nation only, but in order that He might also gather together into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.
    53 So from that day on they planned together to kill Him.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 12:13
    God is to blame. If you want to call it that.

Remember what Jesus said to Pilate? "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above:"

It was God's plan for Jesus to be crucified.
  6. St. Peter's
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 12:551 edit
    for sure there were Jews who hold some responsibility in the crucifixtion, as well as Romans. Jesus himself bares the greatest burden here though. He could have at any time recanted, or answered differently to Pilate. He knew what his words would do, yet he spoke them anyway. Like Socrates it was a rational suicide. He knew what his death and ressurection would accomplish.

edit: sorry, didn't read Joseph's post. I think we are in agreement on this.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 13:16
    Originally posted by Jenn1482
    Jesus was probably killed by a Roman plot.

Men throughout history have tried to assign blame for his death to various groups or people.
    Crucifixion was a wholly Roman way to kill enemies of the state. If the Romans thought this 'Savior Cult' as they saw it could be a threat to them, so they could easily arrest and kill the leader with their author ...[text shortened]... eath, it begins there.

I hope that this might fill your hearts with peace.

-Jenn
    I think you need another Bible Jenn. Apparently its missing this verse:

Luke 23:4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 16:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I think you need another Bible Jenn. Apparently its missing this verse:

Luke 23:4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man.
    So does anybody here who blames the persecution and death on Judaism still hold it against them?

It is no accident that the majority of the pogroms of Europe took part right around Easter. Part of the fury arises from the fact that the Book of John refers to the oppressors simply as "the Jews" rather than "the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees."

By the way, most modern Jews consider the Pharisee's the rescuers of the Jewish religion - having created "Rabbinical Judaism" out of the ashes of Temple centered Judaism.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 16:32
    So does anybody here who blames the persecution and death on Judaism still hold it against them?

It is no accident that the majority of the pogroms of Europe took part right around Easter. Part of the fury arises from the fact that the Book of John refers to the oppressors simply as "the Jews" rather than "the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees."

By the ...[text shortened]... ligion - having created "Rabbinical Judaism" out of the ashes of Temple centered Judaism.
    What exactly do you mean by 'hold it against them' ? Who are we to hold anything against the Jews or Romans for that matter when the victim in all this, said :

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Clearly Christ forgave them. Anyone holding anything against anyone is out of place.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 17:03

By the ...[text shortened]... ligion - having created "Rabbinical Judaism" out of the ashes of Temple centered Judaism.
    Part of the fury arises from the fact that the Book of John refers to the oppressors simply as "the Jews" rather than "the scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees."
    Sounds like you have a case of selective reading. Care to offer the reference to this claim?
  11. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 18:02
    I do not blame anyone for Jesus' physical death. I believe that Jesus offer His life as the Lamb of God. Jesus also did not die as much as He dismissed His spirit. That being said mankind is responsible for His having to be made a sin offering.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 18:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Jews Annas and Caiaphas were High Priest and were very instrumental in Jesus's death.
    You are right. They were jealous of Jesus's appeal to the common
    people and were afraid they may loose control. The Romans would
    not have been involved if it were not for the high priests.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '11 22:523 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    God is to blame. If you want to call it that.

Remember what Jesus said to Pilate? [b]"Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above:"

It was God's plan for Jesus to be crucified.[/b]
    Yes, but is God a Jew? 😛

As for myself, I blame the Jews for pretty much everything ranging from the death of Christ to instigating WW2 by trying to make us all feel sorry for them during the Holocaust to forming a zionist state in Israel which is the source of all the worlds ills!!!! Why I even blame them for my traffic ticket the other day. The officers last name sounded Jewish to me.

Other than that they are OK with me. 😕😛
  14. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 01:26
    They killled Jesus so bad, it needs an extra "L"
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 01:35
    Sinners killed him.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree