1. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 00:34
    I understand the importance the resurrection story holds in your particular religion. If I too knew some guy that had been killed and placed inside a cave with a rock in front of it and I visited the cave to find the rock moved and his body gone, the only logical assumption would be that he had risen from the dead and is the son of God. Once, my friend Simon was rushed to hospital to have his appendix removed and I visited him the next day to find his bed empty. I immediately sacrificed a goat and burnt a witch in his name but it turned out that he had not had appendicitis, just needed a good poo, and was at home playing Playstation.

Someone probably should have asked "So the rock has been moved and he's gone... has anyone checked his house?" I realize Playstation was not around in those days but they probably had the equivalent. A muddy stick or something. I would have said "Can someone please check if Jesus is at home playing with his muddy stick, if not, then and only then should we all assume, logically, that he has risen from the dead and is the son of God."
    If we accept though, that Jesus was the son of an Infinite Being capable of anything, he probably did have a Playstation. Probably a Playstation 7. I know I have to get my offspring all the latest gadgets. God would probably have said to him, "I was going to wait another two thousand years to give you this but seeing as you have been good... just don't tell your mother about Grand Theft Auto."

Also, is it true that Jesus can be stabbed during a sword fight and be OK due to the fact that he can only die if he gets his head chopped off?

*I unabashedly admit that I have plagiarized the above content. However, can we agree that the author makes a good point?
  2. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 00:511 edit
    troll alert

Yo, darkwatever

If every child were to see the movie The PASSION of the Christ and see how foul they ripped apart his body, that it is worst then the disgusting video games they are so accustomed and erroneously conditioned as to "FUN", that, each one of them, viewing such, would see this man be violently destroyed, to which he deserved not a smidgen of it, but had for the sake of all, which includes they that were viewing, what do you think the impact would be to the child? the irony
  3. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 00:57
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    troll alert
    said the poster who single-handedly spammed 18 of the last 30 active threads to death
  4. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 00:59
    not foolishly as your comment of a Playstation 7 surely is.
  5. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 01:07
    To be honest, I felt the part about the Playstation 7 was particularly witty.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 01:51
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    Also, is it true that Jesus can be stabbed during a sword fight and be OK due to the fact that he can only die if he gets his head chopped off?
    As Hercules will attest, if you chop off Jesus' head, two will grow back in its place.
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 02:45
    troll alert

Yo, darkwatever

If every child were to see the movie The PASSION of the Christ and see how foul they ripped apart his body, that it is worst then the disgusting video games they are so accustomed and erroneously conditioned as to "FUN", that, each one of them, viewing such, would see this man be violently destroyed, to which he deser ...[text shortened]... includes they that were viewing, what do you think the impact would be to the child? the irony
    So, this is the basis of your belief?
    A film made a few years ago?
  8. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 03:13
    troll alert

Yo, darkwatever

If every child were to see the movie The PASSION of the Christ and see how foul they ripped apart his body, that it is worst then the disgusting video games they are so accustomed and erroneously conditioned as to "FUN", that, each one of them, viewing such, would see this man be violently destroyed, to which he deser ...[text shortened]... includes they that were viewing, what do you think the impact would be to the child? the irony
    You are seriously basing your irrational argument on some stupid work of FICTION produced by Icon a few years ago?

If you're interested, I can point you towards a number of other fictional horror films intended to terrify and disgust innocent minds. I'm sure the effects of showing them to a child would be no different than that of the passion.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 03:21
    I understand the importance the resurrection story holds in your particular religion. If I too knew some guy that had been killed and placed inside a cave with a rock in front of it and I visited the cave to find the rock moved and his body gone, the only logical assumption would be that he had risen from the dead and is the son of God. Once, my friend ...[text shortened]... iarized the above content. However, can we agree that the author makes a good point?[/i]
    You plagiarized this?

I have to admit, posting something retarded is one thing, but to read another retarded post and plagiarize it is hilarious!! 😵
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 04:22
    Originally posted by rwingett
    As Hercules will attest, if you chop off Jesus' head, two will grow back in its place.
    Regardless the marring of Jesus, one cannot EVER MAR him!

being his actual body he knows is NOT material, only spiritual
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 04:263 edits
    Originally posted by amannion
    So, this is the basis of your belief?
    A film made a few years ago?
    LOL

I have for the past seven years lived on the street fulfilling the prophecy of Isaiah 42:18-24 (King James Version -only- orig. )

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2042:18-24&version=KJV
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 04:41
    You are seriously basing your irrational argument on some stupid work of [b]FICTION produced by Icon a few years ago?

If you're interested, I can point you towards a number of other fictional horror films intended to terrify and disgust innocent minds. I'm sure the effects of showing them to a child would be no different than that of the passion.[/b]
    When I was 9 years of age I had an extreme, what many would call "miracle" occur. My Mom was on her way to the grocery store, and I stepped out side to stop her before she left, to ask her to buy some cheese bread. I was standing on the porch, with my left foot standing in the door's seem way.

Well, my brother had not realized my foot was there, and decided to shut the door, completely unaware that I was obstructing a proper close, huhuh. As my Mom left, I walked back into the house, though felt a drag as I walked onto the carpet. I looked down, and there was this massive pool of blood, with my pinkie toe, overlapped onto my foot.

I completely laughed (this is very correct), and recognized God, being my life and the truth of me, knew I had not been harmed, regardless what "appeared" to look as was the case. Well, my brother FREAKED OUT, huhu, and called my Mom, as she still was situating herself to drive off. She came running in, and by this time, my Dad had also gotten wind to the incident.

When they saw my foot, they said "Oh my gosh, let's get you to the Hospital." I said " Wait you guys, we rely on the Lord, right? I'm fine. Dad, take me into the bathroom, and bandage me up." Well, huhu, they were in amazement, but began to acknowledge just exactly how I was recognizing what really was the case.

My Dad took me into the restroom, bandaged me up, and I walked on it for 3 weeks with not one moment of pain. When I took off the bandage there was blood from the sever, yet there was NO scar, my toe bone and all had been COMPLETELY mended.

You see, this all reflects Jesus' statements as to be a child (a child of God, and ever this be the case, that ageth not, nor EVER could be harmed.) It's the innocence from the hoopla man learns stating what is so, yet is very far from being what REALLY is so, and you all if desired to open your ears to, can as WELL experience such, plus, I have a book that has 100 pages in it's back of any ailment on earth, and different individuals healed from them, just simply by gaining their understanding to TRUTH through the wisdom expressed in those 600 pages before the testimony chptr. called "Fruitage".

http://www.spirituality.com/dt/toc_sh.jhtml

This book is the world's wake up call to reality. In fact, If I were the richest man on the planet and I was with you discussing this book. I would bring to your attention with a slight share of words how I would take all of my "value" that is concidered wealth, the riches that I owned, and place them all in the Hotels of Waikiki. Remove all folk from the valley holding them, place armed detonators in each, then detonate them. Jump up on the rubble after the clearing, with the book in my hand and say "Here, this book is way richer than any of this.", then toss you the book, which was written 100 yrs ago, by Mary Baker Eddy!

In a figure of speech, it most assuredly is the flesh that warreth the spirit, as the lie war with what IS true.

This is written in the book Science and Health, of Mary B. Eddy bringing one back from the dead..

Mary Baker Eddie was called to visit Mr. Clark in Lynn, who had been confined to his bed six months with hip-disease, caused by a fall upon a wooden spike when quite a boy. On entering the house she met his physician, who said that the patient was dying. The physician had just probed the ulcer on the hip, and said the bone was carious for several inches. He even showed her the probe, which had on it the evidence of this condition of the bone. The doctor went out. Mr. Clark lay with his eyes fixed and sightless. The dew of death was on his brow.
    She went to his bedside. In a few moments his face changed; its death-pallor gave place to a natural hue. The eyelids closed gently and the breathing became natural; he was asleep. In about ten minutes he opened his eyes and said: "I feel like a new man. My suffering is all gone." It was between three and four o'clock in the afternoon when this took place. She told him to rise, dress himself, and take supper with his family. He did so. The next day she saw him in the yard. Since then she had not seen him, but was informed that he went to work in two weeks. The discharge from the sore stopped, and the sore was healed. The diseased condition had continued there ever since the injury was received in boyhood.
    Since his recovery she was informed that his physician claims to have cured him, and that his mother has been threatened with incarceration in an insane asylum for saying: "It was none other than God and that woman who healed him." Mary could not attest the truth of that report, but what she saw and did for that man, and what his physician said of the case, occurred just as she has narrated.
    It has been demonstrated to Mary Baker Eddy that Life is God.
  13. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 04:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    You plagiarized this?

I have to admit, posting something retarded is one thing, but to read another retarded post and plagiarize it is hilarious!! 😵
    I do forgive you, and truly feel sorry for you, however, I do KNOW one day you will know WHY I do.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 05:01
    I understand the importance the resurrection story holds in your particular religion.
    It seems you don't (or at least the person you plagiarized from doesn't.).
    I doubt you will find many Christians that are Christian because they believed the resurrection story. Its the other way around. The resurrection story is believed because they are Christian.
    Sure many will use it to justify their beliefs to others, but that is just how humans behave when their beliefs are challenged. They get a bit irrational.
  15. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 05:184 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It seems you don't (or at least the person you plagiarized from doesn't.).
    I doubt you will find many Christians that are Christian because they believed the resurrection story. Its the other way around. The resurrection story is believed because they are Christian.
    Sure many will use it to justify their beliefs to others, but that is just how humans behave when their beliefs are challenged. They get a bit irrational.
    I was stabbed 9 times with shearing scissors, 6 in chest, 2 in left arm, severing 2 tendons, and once in back. The chest wounds were of one to the pancreas and another to the liver, and one in my navel, and one near the heart, as if it moved out of the way, and I was in no harm, whether you believe me or not. Mar. 8, '02', 4:40 in the afternoon on a beautiful Friday.

God was sustaining me, and my foolishness was WHY it had occurred to have me aware of my actions, call it an awakening from my hypocrisy, as was stated would be the case in Is. 42:24...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree