1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 13:17
    I remember reading that if the seal was broken and someone got through and past these centurions it pretty much meant death for those centurions. Why did the tomb have to be guarded? These guys were no slouches they were elite Roman guards.

Manny
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 13:37
    Originally posted by menace71
    I remember reading that if the seal was broken and someone got through and past these centurions it pretty much meant death for those centurions. Why did the tomb have to be guarded? These guys were no slouches they were elite Roman guards.

Manny
    Oh really?

http://www.leaderu.com/offices/billcraig/docs/guard.html
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The fact is that even you should admit that if the story wasn't in the Bible, you would not believe that the man in question rose from the dead. Your arguments are made up to try and justify your beliefs, rather than you belief resting on the argument.

What is interesting is that you don't think your arguments through. If there were Roman Centurions gu ...[text shortened]... . We don't have any reports from them do we? And why would they have been guarding it anyway?
    e do have reports of the gaurd, he was bribed and was instructed to say that his body was stolen. Matthew 28:11. The reason for the gaurd being there in the first place was that the Pharisee's heard Jesus say that he will rise, so they wanted a gaurd to stop his followers from stealing the body and saying look He has risen.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 14:48
    Originally posted by realeyez
    e do have reports of the gaurd, he was bribed and was instructed to say that his body was stolen. Matthew 28:11. The reason for the gaurd being there in the first place was that the Pharisee's heard Jesus say that he will rise, so they wanted a gaurd to stop his followers from stealing the body and saying look He has risen.
    Methinks you rely upon a literal reading of Matthew -however the Roman soldiers would not actually have gone to the Jewish authorities (as Matthew 28:11-15 reports) but to the Roman governor, Pilate, to whom they were responsible. And according to Peter (11:43-49) the guard reported to Pilate.

In addition, Matthew's story about the guard is also out of order because it states that the guard accepted a bribe from the Jews, but according to our knowledge about the Roman soldiers it is extremely unlikely that they could be persuaded by any amount of money to take the risk of death for falling asleep on guard. If they admitted their sleep they just signed their own death sentences, and this is very unlikely. Also, if they had fallen asleep, methinks they would not have known that the disciples had stolen the body;

Furthermore, the phrase "to this very day" that is mentioned in Matthew 28:15 proves that the scribe of that gospel was writing many years after the events he was describing, therefore there was indeed sufficient time for the origin and growth of the legend of the guard. All in all, methinks these reports are pure myth
    😵
  5. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 19:59
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You should prefix all of your posts with this warning.
    LOL

huhuhu and u r forgivin! =p
  6. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 20:051 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Or he could just refrain from tacking his pointless and witless comments on to every thing he reads. If he was actively 'trolling' like Vish you could forgive it, at least you might get a laugh now and then, but he seems to want to add an inanity to every open thread just for the sake of it.
    You are extremely hilarious, and I love to express myself, and WILL if I find a reply that touches me to offer some love, REGARDLESS if it childishly affects another, I care and shall share that I do.

Public Forums

"The forums are the core of the 'Time For Chess' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread'😉, so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts." is on the forums window and I follow this to the tee

What you are missing is that the time that I come on to the site and start to reply most of you are not around to add your replies wherever desired of any thread and so with no one on and I alone almost always they get to the appearance of looking bombarded with tacos everywhere without a coke, or cinnamon twists. lol

You see, my desire is to FREE everyone of YOU! I do Love you! I am sorry =3
  7. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 22:42
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Methinks you rely upon a literal reading of Matthew -however the Roman soldiers would not actually have gone to the Jewish authorities (as Matthew 28:11-15 reports) but to the Roman governor, Pilate, to whom they were responsible. And according to Peter (11:43-49) the guard reported to Pilate.

In addition, Matthew's story about the guard is also out ...[text shortened]... n and growth of the legend of the guard. All in all, methinks these reports are pure myth
    😵
    That is your choice you may believe what you will. I have been in this section of the chat room to know trying to prove your point and I to say something back will get us no where. So in saying that I wish you the best. I was just answering what I read. 😀
  8. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 22:48
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    You are extremely hilarious, and I love to express myself, and WILL if I find a reply that touches me to offer some love, REGARDLESS if it childishly affects another, I care and shall share that I do.

Public Forums

"The forums are the core of the 'Time For Chess' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most po ...[text shortened]... twists. lol

You see, my desire is to FREE everyone of YOU! I do Love you! I am sorry =3

Public Forums

"The forums are the core of the 'Time For Chess' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread'😉, so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts."

How exactly do any of "amen", "aMEN", "huhuhu", "=)", "!", "FACT", etc... serve in any way to stimulate conversation???
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 22:58
    Originally posted by realeyez
    That is your choice you may believe what you will. I have been in this section of the chat room to know trying to prove your point and I to say something back will get us no where. So in saying that I wish you the best. I was just answering what I read. 😀
    Amen!
  10. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 23:001 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg

Public Forums

"The forums are the core of the 'Time For Chess' community. Feel free to just read, but please consider posting a comment. [b]Most posts will develop into a conversation (called a 'thread'😉,
    so be sure to check back and follow up on any of your earlier posts."

How exactly do any of "amen", "aMEN", "huhuhu", "=)", "!", "FACT", etc... serve in any way to stimulate conversation???[/b]
    Am I not to share my expressions with others? They offend you, are rude, waste your time, express spam?

Agerg, you probably will whip the snot out of me to a game of chess, would you like?
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 23:241 edit
    Am I not to share my expressions with others? They offend you, are rude, waste your time, express spam?

Agerg, you probably will whip the snot out of me to a game of chess, would you like?
    They are indeed spam...they add nothing to the discussion.

I cannot promise to make moves in any manner that you would call timely at present, more importantly I don't want to increase the number of games I'm playing at present (3). Therefore I must decline your offer.
  12. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 23:33
    If four games at this present time is what you desire, forgive my request, please.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 23:36
    If four games at this present time is what you desire, forgive my request, please.
    Ah yes...my other game, forgot about that one. I'll get back in touch with him in a couple of months prompting him it's his move!
  14. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 23:38
    Originally posted by Agerg
    They are indeed spam...they add nothing to the discussion.

I cannot promise to make moves in any manner that you would call timely at present, more importantly I don't want to increase the number of games I'm playing at present (3). Therefore I must decline your offer.
    >>They are indeed spam...they add nothing to the discussion.<<

Spam (electronic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    SPAM is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages ...

un·so·lic·it·ed/&#716;&#601;ns&#601;&#712;lisitid/
    Adjective: Not asked for; given or done voluntarily: "unsolicited junk mail".

Since when is it junk to share to another an expression to what they express, whether it a little loving gesture or more?
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 00:011 edit
    >>They are indeed spam...they add nothing to the discussion.<<

Spam (electronic) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    SPAM is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages ...

un·so·lic·it·ed/&#716;&#601;ns&#601;&#712;lisitid/
    Adjective: Not asked for; given o are to another an expression to what they express, whether it a little loving gesture or more?
    spam is often defined with respect to usenet groups or unsolicited e-mails but the actual activity you engage in where you bump threads for no other reason than to give a one word/symbol acknowledgement such as "!", "amen",etc... just clutter the forums, add nothing to discussions, and enshroud more considered posts directed at others. This is certainly unsolicited on the behalf of most participants of this forum. "Spam" is an apt term for this behaviour

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree