1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 08:513 edits
    (Acts 17:21) In fact, all Athenians and the foreigners sojourning there would spend
    their leisure time at nothing but telling something or listening to something new. . .

what is the difference, if any, in your opinion?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is the difference, if any, in your opinion?
    Judging by your remarks on the "Doubt/Certainty" thread, it would seem that you like to refer to forms of "spirituality" that you don't approve of, or do not want to recognize, as "philosophy", and that this - in your mind - amounts to some kind of dismissal or downplaying of what the thing you disagree with is. This "Difference bewteen Philosophy and Spirituality" seems to be a function of your competitiveness.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Judging by your remarks on the "Doubt/Certainty" thread, it would seem that you like to refer to forms of "spirituality" that you don't approve of, or do not want to recognize, as "philosophy", and that this - in your mind - amounts to some kind of dismissal or downplaying of what the thing you disagree with is. This "Difference bewteen Philosophy and Spirituality" seems to be a function of your competitiveness.
    its not about me, just saying.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:07
    its not about me, just saying.
    My comment is about what you seemed to be implying about the difference between philosophy and spirituality on the other thread, which I presume sparked the idea for this thread.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    My comment is about what you seemed to be implying about the difference between philosophy and spirituality on the other thread, which I presume sparked the idea for this thread.
    no, it really is about the difference between spirituality and philosophy and I want to
    hear what people have to say about it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:11
    no, it really is about the difference between spirituality and philosophy and I want to
    hear what people have to say about it.
    I think they represent a kind of continuum.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think they represent a kind of continuum.
    please explain.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:27
    please explain.
    A continuum is a continuous nonspatial whole or extent or succession in which no part or portion is distinct of distinguishable from adjacent parts.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:402 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    A continuum is a continuous nonspatial whole or extent or succession in which no part or portion is distinct of distinguishable from adjacent parts.
    so you are saying they are essentially one and the same thing?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:42
    so you are saying they are essentially one and the same thing?
    You don't understand what a "continuum" is?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:432 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't understand what a "continuum" is?
    I can only go on what your text states. You did after all write,

in which no part or portion is distinct of distinguishable from adjacent parts,

did you not?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:48
    I can only go on what your text states. You did after all write,

in which no part or portion is distinct of distinguishable from adjacent parts,

did you not?
    Adjacent parts along the continuum, yes. So, clearly they are not "essentially one and the same thing". You understand what a "continuum" is, right?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    Adjacent parts along the continuum, yes. So, clearly they are not "essentially one and the same thing". You understand what a "continuum" is, right?
    No not really, its not clear to me really what you are saying, thus my call for an
    explanation, in fact, you seem to be revelling in a kind of verbosity, so they are not one
    and the same, ok fine, then how do they relate to each other?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 09:55
    No not really, its not clear to me really what you are saying, thus my call for an
    explanation, in fact, you seem to be revelling in a kind of verbosity, so they are not one
    and the same, ok fine, then how do they relate to each other?
    Wait, let's clear up your rather odd question first. Your understanding of "continuum" is that things positioned on it are essentially one and the same thing? I have not come across this understanding of "continuum" before. To be honest, I don't think it's valid interpretation of what a "continuum" is.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:023 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wait, let's clear up your rather odd question first. Your understanding of "continuum" is that things positioned on it are essentially one and the same thing? I have not come across this understanding of "continuum" before. To be honest, I don't think it's valid interpretation of what a "continuum" is.
    well then perhaps you had better explain what is, in clear terms that are readily
    discernible, for as yet, you have not done so, or at least i cannot understand what you
    purport to be saying, although i have asked for an explanation. I asked, what is the
    difference between Philosophy and spirituality and you state that its a continuum, I try
    to ascertain the nature of the term continuum and it seems that it has adjacent parts
    (not defined) that are similar (but not the same)? Is this really what you are saying, if
    so, why not just say it in simple terms? Something like, Philosophy is similar in some
    respects to spirituality but it diverges in certain ways?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree