1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:04
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I asked, what is the
    difference between Philosophy and religion and you state that its a continuum...
    I thought you wanted to talk about the difference between Philosophy and Spirituality? You intend to use the word "Religion" and "Spirituality" interchangeably?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    I thought you wanted to talk about the difference between Philosophy and Spirituality? You intend to use the word "Religion" and "Spirituality" interchangeably?
    it was a typo, i have changed it.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:07
    well then perhaps you had better explain what is, in clear terms that are readily
    discernible, for as yet, you have not done so, or at least i cannot understand what you
    purport to be saying, although i have asked for an explanation. I asked, what is the
    difference between Philosophy and spirituality and you state that its a continuum, I try
    ...[text shortened]... like, Philosophy is similar in some
    respects to spirituality but it diverges in certain ways?
    We still haven't cleared up your strange [and perhaps hasty?] question. You will not understand what I am saying if you are using an unconventional definition of "continuum". Would you agree that a continuum is a continuous nonspatial whole or extent or succession in which no part or portion is distinct of distinguishable from adjacent parts? Do we agree on that? Yes or no?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:081 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    We still haven't cleared up your strange [and perhaps hasty?] question. You will not understand what I am saying if you are using an unconventional definition of "continuum". Would you agree that a continuum is a continuous nonspatial whole or extent or succession in which no part or portion is distinct of distinguishable from adjacent parts? Do we agree on that? Yes or no?
    I have really no idea what you are saying , sorry. Perhaps you had better illustrate it.
    Can you provide an illustration of a continuum and then i would be better prepared to
    see how it relates to my question.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:08
    it was a typo, i have changed it.
    Typing "Religion" in the place of "Spirituality" when "Philosophy" is on the table at the same time? Would you understand my point of view if I said that I find your typo a bit revealing?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    Typing "Religion" in the place of "Spirituality" when "Philosophy" is on the table at the same time? Would you understand my point of view if I said that I find your typo a bit revealing?
    revealing as in a negligee, whatever.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:10
    I have really no idea what you are saying , sorry. Perhaps you had better illustrate it.
    Can you provide an illustration of a continuum and then i would be better prepared to
    see how it relates to my question.
    So you claim to "have really no idea" what a "continuum" is?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you claim to "have really no idea" what a "continuum" is?
    yes that is correct, i have asked for an explanation three times and an illustration once.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:11
    revealing as in a negligee, whatever.
    Do you feel "Religion" and "Spirituality" are interchangeable things, "essentially one in the same"? Or do you see "Religion" and "Spirituality" as perhaps being on a continuum, like I do?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you feel "Religion" and "Spirituality" are interchangeable things, "essentially one in the same"? Or do you see "Religion" and "Spirituality" as perhaps being on a continuum, like I do?
    dont know, its not the point of my thread to discuss the differences between religion and
    spirituality, but philosophy and spirituality.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:13
    yes that is correct, i have asked for an explanation three times and an illustration once.
    Well, it will be interesting to see what other posters think of what I said.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:151 edit
    dont know, its not the point of my thread to discuss the differences between religion and
    spirituality, but philosophy and spirituality.
    Well, as a means of illustrating what could become our common understanding of "continuum", do you see "Religion" and "Spirituality" as perhaps being on a continuum?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:171 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, it will be interesting to see what other posters think of what I said.
    why dont you illustrate it yourself, surely you understand the concept that you are
    trying to attempt to utilise to define the difference between Philosophy and spirituality?
    Don't you? Why not illustrate it then?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, as a means of illustrating what could become our common understanding of "continuum", do you see "Religion" and "Spirituality" as perhaps being on a continuum?
    dont know, cannot say, until its illustrated for me.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '12 10:21
    why dont you illustrate it yourself, surely you understand the concept that you are
    trying to attempt to utilise to define the difference between Philosophy and spirituality?
    Don't you? Why not illustrate it then?
    Do you think things along a continuum are all essentially one in the same thing? Yes or no?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree