1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 18:13
    @sonship said
    @whodey

I think the age of the universe in the Bible is unspecified. It could be that the age of these animals are not as old as was believed.

Big time is not a problem to my faith anymore than big space is.

With soft tissue still preserved after the supposed 60 million years, MAYBE the darn creatures are not as old as was first believed by paleontologists.

That's all.
    Also know that time is not the same throughout the universe. Time is effected and warped by such things as speed. Given that we came from a "Big Bang" and we are accelerating indefinitely, I can only imagine how time has been warped on earth all those years.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 18:55
    @kellyjay said
    How did the universe begin, I am assuming you think it did? Correct me if wrong about that.
    I have no idea.

Now back to my question, isn’t humans living with dinosaurs an assumption on your part?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 19:36
    @proper-knob said
    I have no idea.

Now back to my question, isn’t humans living with dinosaurs an assumption on your part?
    Actual video evidence not only of humans living with dinosaurs, but humans and dinosaurs living in harmony.

YouTube
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 19:391 edit
    @sonship said
    Knob,

I'm biased.
    Okay?

There's a gentleman I frequently visit in a retirement home. He is 98 years old. All my life I have believed that he is my father.

Strictly speaking I can't prove it. I'm biased through living with years of trust. But the possibility of a conspiracy or an error is inexhaustible.

Anyone who saw the video footage of the Tsumami in ...[text shortened]... t as to their words.
    I'm biased.

I think everybody will eventually put their trust in somebody.
    But I'm biased. I trust God and Christ as to their words.
    I'm biased.

If you boil it down, what you trust is YOUR interpretation of scripture.

Ultimately you put your trust in yourself.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 20:07
    @thinkofone said
    But I'm biased. I trust God and Christ as to their words.
    I'm biased.

You who doesn’t even accept the scriptures written by Christ’s followers because you know better are saying this!? WoW
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 20:09
    @proper-knob said
    Rephrase that please, it doesn't make sense.

Humans living with dinosaurs. Surely that's an assumption on your part?
    How did the universe begin?
    Where did everything come from?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 20:18
    @kellyjay said
    You who doesn’t even accept the scriptures written by Christ’s followers because you know better are saying this!? WoW
    As usual you've missed the point. Try again.

Anybody care to explain it to KJ?
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 20:21
    @kellyjay said
    How did the universe begin?
    Where did everything come from?
    No idea and no idea.

Are you not making assumptions when you claim humans lived with dinosaurs?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:20
    @kellyjay said
    Never spent time studying them, educate me if you think I'm over looking something important.
    I think you are over looking which is what causes you to overlook the facts.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:302 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

That's true too. As you believe someone else, you hope and trust that you are correct to rely on them.

True also.

Now who is willing to admit that soft tissue in dinosaur bones throws a monkey wrench into the whole paleontology dating concepts ?

Houston, we have a problem - 65 million year old soft tissue!
    Go outside and pick up something soft and say - "This is how soft this stuff was SIXTY FIVE MILLION years ago."

And with a straight face. Okay?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:353 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

Genetic fallacy rules?
    Where there is bias there cannot be truth ?
    No, there can be truth behind a bias for an opinion.

On the other hand -

Scientists have worldviews and philosophies that they PREFER also. Especially when tied to their ability to get a pay check. Some admit so. Einstein did and said it caused the biggest blunder of his career. That is his bias for an ever existing universe with a mathematical cosmological constant.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:433 edits
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

Genetic fallacy rules?
    Where there is bias there cannot be truth ?

Scientists have worldviews and philosophies that they PREFER also. Especially when tied to their ability to get a pay check. Some admit it. Einstein did and said it caused the biggest blunder of his career.
    My post was a single line of thought. If you knew how to read in context, you'd know that.

The point was that your assertion that you "trust God and Christ as to their words" is false. What you actually "trust" is YOUR interpretation.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 21:597 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

My post was a single line of thought. If you knew how to read in context, you'd know that.

Yes, you're not bad at one thought at a time. Maybe superior to me at it.

The point was that your assertion that you "trust God and Christ as to their words" is false. What you really "trust" is YOUR interpretation.

No, I have some interpretations. I don't think they are all infallible. But I know God and have met Jesus Christ. I consider that a miracle has taken place in my heart and mind.

Go learn what this means.

"At that time Jesus answered and said, I extol You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. Yes Father; for thus it has been well-pleasing in Your sight.

All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one fully knows the Son except the Father; neither does anyone fully know the Father except the Son and him to whom the Son wills to reveal Him." (Matt. 11:25,26)

A prayer of wisdom - "Father God, if there is something You are not revealing to me, have mercy and count me worthy for You to reveal it to me. Thankyou, Father God in the name of Jesus Your Son."
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 00:03
    @proper-knob said
    No idea and no idea.

Are you not making assumptions when you claim humans lived with dinosaurs?
    I beginning to think you simply wouldn’t understand.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 00:05
    @wolfgang59 said
    I think you are over looking which is what causes you to overlook the facts.
    Yes I am over looking that!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree