1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 06:29
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Where in the bible is anything written about dinosaurs?
    There are inferences, you need to look beyond what is written. For example, as well as dinosaurs there was primitive multi cylinder bi-wheeled transportation.

"And the roar of Joshua's Triumph was heard through the land"

Meditate upon such things my son.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 07:541 edit
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    Seriously?

You show me some crack job website and tout it as proof? The Leviathin and Behemoth, dinosaurs?

Wow, just wow.
    Yes, and you must realize the word dinosaur and the names for the various types of dinosaurs were not in existence in Biblical times nor at the time of the first translations into English. Certainly, the description as a large and most powerful animal which eats grass and has a tail like a cedar tree does not fit any animal known to be living today. However, it could fit our understanding of the sauropod dinosaurs, like the brontosaurus.

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 16:50
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is NOT nonsense. That website shows pictures of the dinosaur footprints, the human footprints and handprint. The distance measured between the dinosaur footprints indicates the stride length of this animal was greater than the strides length of the 11 inch human footprints for sure. The stride length of the 16 inch human footprints was greater than th ...[text shortened]... ide between the two species."

http://www.dinosaurc14ages.com/footprints.htm

The Idiot[/b]
    Utter tosh I'm afraid. There are a few nicely carved human footprints there, which have hoodwinked gullible tourists from time to time, but no genuine impressions of human feet.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 18:58
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Utter tosh I'm afraid. There are a few nicely carved human footprints there, which have hoodwinked gullible tourists from time to time, but no genuine impressions of human feet.
    You are ignoring the following:

(4) Research studies unavailable until 2008 demonstrate conclusively that the fossil human footprints such as the Delk and Burdick ichnites have been validated by the use of cat-scans. The same type of equipment employed to diagnose human illnesses is used. Cat-scans of such fossil rock impressions from the Cretaceous rock strata, allegedly 108 million years old are used to differentiate more dense material like bones from soft tissue or more dense solidified mud.

Cat-scans can also show cross sections of a foot impression and reveal the difference in density at different points along the footprint impression. Charges have been made that footprints have been carved by those wanting to prove their particular point of view. A cat scan can reveal the different densities along a footprint impression. When a human puts weight on their feet there is different pressure applied in different parts of the foot area. For example the initial pressure and usually the highest pressure is when the heel first strikes the ground. The mid part of the foot has less pressure. When the ball of the foot strikes the ground and then pushes forward that part of the foot also has more pressure than the mid part of the foot. Thus one can now examine a footprint and see if the density of the hardened material changes along the footprint area. Then if the density change match that which would result from a human gait, then you know that this is a real foot print and not something carved into an existing stone. That is exactly what can be done and has been done recently with cat scans of the footprints. This is a very new scientific method that can now be used that was not available in the past. Cat-scan technology has also been used in the last few years to study dinosaur bones incased in rock etc as well, so this new technology can be used to solve past controversies.

The Instructor
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 19:461 edit

[b] (4) Research studies unavailable until 2008 demonstrate conclusively that the fossil human footprints such as the Delk and Burdick ichnites have been validated by the use of cat-scans. The same type of equipment employed to diagnose human illnesses is used. Cat-scans of such fossil rock impressions from the Cretaceous r as well, so this new technology can be used to solve past controversies.

The Idiot[/b]
    None of the footprints which can categorically be shown to have been pressed into the wet mud and then fossilized look even remotely like human footprints. None of the footprints which look identifiably human have been shown to have been pressed into wet mud and then fossilized. The results of all analyses on obviously human 'footprints' at Paluxy have either returned inconclusive results or have been shown to have been carved. Of course you will disagree, as the palaeontology of this site categorically proves the falsity of your young-earth paradigm, but, as in so many cases, you are ignoring scientific studies in favour of pseudoscience which supports your beliefs.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 20:06

[b] (4) Research studies unavailable until 2008 demonstrate conclusively that the fossil human footprints such as the Delk and Burdick ichnites have been validated by the use of cat-scans. The same type of equipment employed to diagnose human illnesses is used. Cat-scans of such fossil rock impressions from the Cretaceous r ...[text shortened]... as well, so this new technology can be used to solve past controversies.

The Instructor[/b]
    Ron, your passion is focused on the wrong thing buddy.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 21:09
    None of the footprints which can categorically be shown to have been pressed into the wet mud and then fossilized look even remotely like human footprints. None of the footprints which look identifiably human have been shown to have been pressed into wet mud and then fossilized. The results of all analyses on obviously human 'footprints' at Paluxy ha ...[text shortened]... ses, you are ignoring scientific studies in favour of pseudoscience which supports your beliefs.
    You give no reference authority for your statements.

The Instructor
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Oct '13 21:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Ron, your passion is focused on the wrong thing buddy.
    What do you think I should be focused on?

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 05:18

[b] (4) Research studies unavailable until 2008 demonstrate conclusively that the fossil human footprints such as the Delk and Burdick ichnites have been validated by the use of cat-scans. The same type of equipment employed to diagnose human illnesses is used. Cat-scans of such fossil rock impressions from the Cretaceous r ...[text shortened]... as well, so this new technology can be used to solve past controversies.

The Instructor[/b]
    RJ, Very interesting reading. Love science, good research and philosiphy. I have to tell you, as if you don't know this already, some people just want to argue till the cats come home. They will stick to their thinking, and believe they are right no matter if God Himself might tell them differntly. We see it here in nearly every forum. But again, that is what also can make it fun. I can only smile.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 17:18
    You give no reference authority for your statements.

The Idiot
    As if that would make any difference to you!

http://paleo.cc/paluxy.htm

http://ncse.com/cej/5/1/tracking-those-incredible-creationists

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/Farlow%20et%20al%202012%20Paluxy%20River%20tracksites.pdf
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 23:17
    As if that would make any difference to you!

http://paleo.cc/paluxy.htm

http://ncse.com/cej/5/1/tracking-those-incredible-creationists

http://paleo.cc/paluxy/Farlow%20et%20al%202012%20Paluxy%20River%20tracksites.pdf
    The article I referenced has already acknowledged that there were naysayers on the side of evilution. But it appears that the Cat scans have proved them wrong. The references you give are just a repeat of the old arguments from those discredited naysayers.

The Instructor
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 10:35
    The article I referenced has already acknowledged that there were naysayers on the side of evilution. But it appears that the Cat scans have proved them wrong. The references you give are just a repeat of the old arguments from those discredited naysayers.

The Idiot
    So you didn't read them eh? Colour me surprised.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 13:51
    So you didn't read them eh? Colour me surprised.

The Fool
    I read enough to know that they were the same lies.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree