1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '12 16:12
    how do christians explain away why god has aloud people to suffer from physical and mental defects? why did he build them into our make-up?
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 May '12 16:437 edits
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    how do christians explain away why god has aloud people to suffer from physical and mental defects? why did he build them into our make-up?
    I was born with a defect in one of my eyes. This loving Father is my Father too. If God were only the God of people with two perfectly good eyes then where would I be ?

He has to show He is the God of those less fortunate in some area. He is God to them also. They are not left out.

I use to go to school near the Muscular Dystrophy Center in Manhatten. Sometimes I would come out of class and see a group of children hobbling along with their various walking maladies. My reaction was to ALWAYS stop and thank God for the use of my limbs in a normal way.

We should at one hand be THANKFUL for the blessings we do indeed have.
    And we should realize some unfortunate lack is there to keep us from being too proud and unable to empathize. [edit]

Don't work hard now to misunderstand me. Don't hunt for some logical fallacy. It is a simple matter. We ALL have things for which we can be THANKFUL to God for. And we should stop and give thanks from time to time. And we all have something a bit less fortunate than someone ELSE.

Am I right ?

Fanny Crosby lost her sight because of medical malpractice. She went BLIND because of the misdeeds of some doctor who didn't know what he was doing, at her young age.

Fanny Crosby never complained. This Christian sister penned over 9000 hymns that have encouraged and uplifted believers for decades. Fanny Crosby did not write songs about her bitterness towards God for her misfortunate. She wrote hymns to uplift the weary, strengthen the feelble, turn discouragted hearts towards Jesus. Nine thousand or more Christian hymns came from the pen of this woman.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701&va=fanny+Crosby

Listen to me friend. Please listen. Physically Fanny Crosby was blind. But spiritually and according to reality she SAW more clearly and more perceptively than millions of us.

In eternity and even before that, in the millinnial kingdom, I believe Fanny Crossby will enjoy the healing of her physical sight. And she will be greeted probably by thousands of people who will thank God for some poem of praise and joy she wrote while blind in this age.

IT IS BETTER TO SERVE THE LORD JESUS.

Yes, some people have a child who died.
    Some have lost a loved one.
    Some perhaps born crippled.
    Some born mentally retarded.

God has to show that He can be the God of these people also. How great would He be if He was only the God of those perfectly healthy in every way ?

When you meet a Christian filled with joy, do not assume too much. Maybe she has more problems than you do. She has Christ IN her situation.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '12 16:54
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]I was born with a defect in one of my eyes. This loving Father is my Father too. If God were only the God of people with two perfectly good eyes then where would I be ?
    i wont hunt for a logical fallacy. i have a problem with people thanking god, but thats not the issue.

i was in no way questioning who your god loves, i have no doubt he loves people of all abilities and disabilities equally. im asking why god creates these disabilities in the first place, if he didnt create them where do they come from and why doesnt he cure them?
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 May '12 17:322 edits
    i wont hunt for a logical fallacy. i have a problem with people thanking god, but thats not the issue.

i was in no way questioning who your god loves, i have no doubt he loves people of all abilities and disabilities equally. im asking why god creates these disabilities in the first place, if he didnt create them where do they come from and why doesnt he cure them?
    No, no no, no stellsoalfie, THANKING God, PRAISING God unleashes great power into the soul.

The JOY of the Lord is my Strength.

To thank God in your circumstances is to tap into encredible endurance and spiritual power.

You should get a book my Merlin Crothers called "From Prison to Praise".

To thank God is not a blind leap, it is not in vacuum of vanity. To be thankful and praise God is a B line to the throne of God. Sometimes in the Bible God did not hear a prayer. I can think of no place where God did not receive thanksgiving and praise.

No, no, no , no Stellspalfie,

Tell you what. You rise up each morning thanking God for a week, really touching Christ in your innermost spiritual kernel. You'll be fortified with more endurance and longsuffering then all the eloquent moaning you can muster.

We do not rejoice in our situation. We do rejoince IN THE LORD - "Rejoice in the Lord, And Again I say, Rejoice."

I do not say that you rejoice in your problems. I do say that we who are believers should rejoice "IN THE LORD" .

If you read the epistles of Paul and really touch the spirit behind the writings, you will perceive a man who was under great suffering all the time. But you will also touch an encredibly strong person who is in a deep joy - a joy not in his problems, but a joy in the Lord.

What is this that you have a problem with Christians thanking and praising. Christians thanking and praising may sometimes have more problems than you do. They have learned the secret to rejoice in the Lord.

Through praise we gain the high ground over the principalities and powers. Christ has won the victory. We stand in His victory.

"In the world you will have tribulation. But fear not for I have overcome the world."
  5. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '12 17:44
    No, no no, no stellsoalfie, THANKING God, PRAISING God unleashes great power into the soul.

The JOY of the Lord is my Strength.

To thank God in your circumstances is to tap into encredible endurance and spiritual power.

You should get a book my Merlin Crothers called [b]"From Prison to Praise"

To thank God is not a blind leap, it is ...[text shortened]... the world you will have tribulation. But fear not for I have overcome the world." [/b][/b]
    praising god is morally wrong.

an emotive example to hammer home the point.

i sit with my family at meal time and thank god for the meal before me. i child in africa sits with no meal and dies of starvation.

i should not be just thinking of ME i should be thinking about WE, we are the human race we should be united together. i will not thank god for giving me food when he has not provided food for other innocents.

another emotive true story

i would never thank god for providing me two healthy children because a woman in the ward that night lost her baby. to thank god is suggest you have had some special treatment, that you are more worthy than you fellow man.

praying is morally wrong, sorry j.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 May '12 11:563 edits

Sheer Nonsense. Intellectual sounding nonsense. This is as stupid as saying for a child to call "mommy" or "daddy" is "morally wrong." This is as stupid as saying for a two lovers to say "I love you" is somehow "morally wrong".

There is nothing left to do but flush your thought down the nearest toilet and air spray the room in which it was said.

I don't think there is anything else from you worth reading. Elaborate to some poor fool silly enough to give you an ear. I have better things to do today.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 May '12 12:23

Sheer Nonsense. Intellectual sounding nonsense. This is as stupid as saying for a child to call "mommy" or "daddy" is "morally wrong." This is as stupid as saying for a two lovers to say "I love you" is somehow "morally wrong".

There is nothing left to do but flush your thought down the neares ...[text shortened]... to some poor fool silly enough to give you an ear. I have better things to do today.
    Wtysl ??

You are a slow learner Jaywill. But like a dog that will return to his vomit, you will certainly get caught in that trap again.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 May '12 12:362 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Wtysl ??

You are a slow learner Jaywill. But like a dog that will return to his vomit, you will certainly get caught in that trap again.
    What you would call "slow to learn" I would say is what James said is "slow to anger" (James 1:19) .
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 May '12 12:45
    What you would call "slow to learn" I would say is what [b]James said is "slow to anger" (James 1:19) .[/b]
    Your own words : Elaborate to some poor fool silly enough to give you an ear.

You gave him an ear, in fact several. You are therefore the poor fool.

And you will do it again. You cannot resist. You love to write and explain even though you know it is useless and the poster will come back to insult you and your doctrine.

You dont know when to stop.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 12:50
    So Christ could show the power of God by miraculously healing them. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 May '12 13:08

There is nothing left to do but flush your thought down the neares ...[text shortened]... to some poor fool silly enough to give you an ear. I have better things to do today.
    This is as stupid as saying for a child to call "mommy" or "daddy" is "morally wrong." This is as stupid as saying for a two lovers to say "I love you" is somehow "morally wrong".

no its not, its completely different. both examples do not relate to praying for special attention or thanking god for stuff you have received.

I don't think there is anything else from you worth reading. Elaborate to some poor fool silly enough to give you an ear. I have better things to do today.

aawww it was a good fun dont end it now!!!, but if you are getting p*ssed off then its always best to step away. i realize your religion is very important to you, way more than my lack of religion is to me. so i 'get' why you might get upset (my mother had 19yrs of these questions before i gave up asking) i want you to understand though that my opinions are not designed to catch you out or trap you. if find christianity interesting and like to explore the question 'how would a god really behave?'.

i value your time and enjoyed the debate, no hard feeling j.

michael.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 May '12 13:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So Christ could show the power of God by miraculously healing them. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
    so god created things like cystic fibrosis so at some point jesus could fix a handful of people? what about the hundreds of millions that he hasnt fixed? what was the point of them suffering?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 13:16
    This is as stupid as saying for a child to call "mommy" or "daddy" is "morally wrong." This is as stupid as saying for a two lovers to say "I love you" is somehow "morally wrong".

[b]no its not, its completely different. both examples do not relate to praying for special attention or thanking god for stuff you have received.

I don't ...[text shortened]... .

i value your time and enjoyed the debate, no hard feeling j.

michael.[/b][/b]
    I bet you are the kind of person that would vote to give Osama Bin Laden the Nobel Peace Prize if he had signed a peace agreement rather than be put to death.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 13:19
    so god created things like cystic fibrosis so at some point jesus could fix a handful of people? what about the hundreds of millions that he hasnt fixed? what was the point of them suffering?
    Every now and again a reminder of God's power is shown to some people by the miraculous healing through the Holy Spirit.
  15. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 May '12 13:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I bet you are the kind of person that would vote to give Osama Bin Laden the Nobel Peace Prize if he had signed a peace agreement rather than be put to death.
    actually if it meant the end of terrorism and i didnt have to be scared to get on a tube with my kids and it would also save the life of thousands of people then id give him peace prize to stick above his fire place, sounds like a good deal (only if he meant it though, it could be trickery).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree