1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 00:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    It was to fight Al Qaeda.

Which is what we SHOULD have been doing to begin with instead of mucking about in Iran.

Obama took Bush's "screwing around in the desert" and changed it to actually doing what we went there to do.
    That is not true. He continued the same plan that the Bush administration had already set up with the militaty. He was too afraid to go against the reccomendations of the military. This is almost exactly what Bush would have done.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 00:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Christian belief is that it came about due to sin.

The link gives a more scientific idea on mental disease.

http://rationalargumentator.com/mentalillnessexist.html
    How dare you say what "the Christian belief" is.

I certainly don't believe disabilities are caused by sin. What's wrong with you that YOU think so?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 00:56
    That is not true. He continued the same plan that the Bush administration had already set up with the militaty. He was too afraid to go against the reccomendations of the military. This is almost exactly what Bush would have done.
    Bush's plan was "let's go kill Saddam Hussein and then dick around in Iran until Osama bin Laden gets away and the American people get so tired of it they want us out".

Which was exactly what happened.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 01:0014 edits
    How dare you say what "the Christian belief" is.

I certainly don't believe disabilities are caused by sin. What's wrong with you that YOU think so?
    No. You misunderstand me. I am talking about the original sin of Adam and Eve that caused a downward spiral that led to disease. I don't mean that a specific sin of the person or his/her parents caused the disease. There would never had been disease in the world if mankind had obeyed God. God would have saw to that. But because of man's orignal sin, man and all of the creatures God made get diseases.

P.S. What is going on with this site. I made one mistake that I tried to edit and it would not let me. Then finally it started working again.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 01:111 edit
    Bush's plan was "let's go kill Saddam Hussein and then dick around in Iran until Osama bin Laden gets away and the American people get so tired of it they want us out".

Which was exactly what happened.
    Why was th liberal democrats complaining that Obama was not bring the troups home fast enough then? We still have some troops in both places right now.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:18
    Why was th liberal democrats complaining that Obama was not bring the troups home fast enough then? We still have some troops in both places right now.
    Exactly. That's the "and the American people get so tired of it they want us out" part. Sad when your escape plan includes pissing off the American people so much that they start demanding we get out.

Obama is being practical. After Bush sent so many Americans into Iraq (sorry, I said Iran earlier, mea culpa), Obama knew just taking them ALL out would destabilize the country beyond any repair. We had to stay to train the Iraqis to govern and protect themselves. We're STILL cleaning up after Georgie's play dates. We have people in Afghanistan because the job is not finished. Al Qaeda may be nearly dead, but it's not dead yet. And the Taliban is still causing problems.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:23
    No. You misunderstand me. I am talking about the original sin of Adam and Eve that caused a downward spiral that led to disease. I don't mean that a specific sin of the person or his/her parents caused the disease. There would never had been disease in the world if mankind had obeyed God. God would have saw to that. But because of man's orignal sin, ma ...[text shortened]... mistake that I tried to edit and it would not let me. Then finally it started working again.
    Okay, you're right. I misunderstood you. I'm sorry.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 02:33
    Exactly. That's the "and the American people get so tired of it they want us out" part. Sad when your escape plan includes pissing off the American people so much that they start demanding we get out.

Obama is being practical. After Bush sent so many Americans into Iraq (sorry, I said Iran earlier, mea culpa), Obama knew just taking them ALL out would ...[text shortened]... eda may be nearly dead, but it's not dead yet. And the Taliban is still causing problems.
    I knew what you meant. You are right. When Obama got in office he was given more information and he is smart enough to realize he couldn't just pull everyone out. George Bush actually wanted to pull everyone out himself earlier, but he could see that the new government wasn't ready and he and his administration underestimated the problems that would occur there. Nobody makes perfect decisions and everyone likes to have someone to blame everything on. He was even blamed for all the financial problems of the world when his only contribution was the cost of fighting the war that he thought was the right thing to do. Yes, he was wrong about Irag having WMD, but a lot of people thought that at the time, especially chemical and biological weapons.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    13 May '12 03:38
    I knew what you meant. You are right. When Obama got in office he was given more information and he is smart enough to realize he couldn't just pull everyone out. George Bush actually wanted to pull everyone out himself earlier, but he could see that the new government wasn't ready and he and his administration underestimated the problems that would occur ...[text shortened]... WMD, but a lot of people thought that at the time, especially chemical and biological weapons.
    he wasn't "wrong" about it, he deliberately lied about it.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '12 04:421 edit
    There would never had been disease in the world if mankind had obeyed God. God would have saw to that. But because of man's orignal sin, man and all of the creatures God made get diseases.
    Way to go THAT conception of a deity! Sounds like something from the imagination of an bronze age mystic.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 May '12 04:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    Way to go THAT conception of a deity! Sounds like something from the imagination of an iron age mystic.
    No, it was the bronze age.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 May '12 04:57
    No, it was the bronze age.
    Yes, indeed. Fixed. Vengeful creation of diseases visited upon humans [and animals alike] for displeasing a deity sounds like folk tales and contains only anthropological and psychological information, as opposes to anything genuinely spiritual, to my way of thinking.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    13 May '12 07:12
    It was to fight Al Qaeda.

Which is what we SHOULD have been doing to begin with instead of mucking about in Iran.

Obama took Bush's "screwing around in the desert" and changed it to actually doing what we went there to do.
    Right. To fight.

There should be a way to recall a Nobel Peace Prize.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 May '12 08:17
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Right. To fight.

There should be a way to recall a Nobel Peace Prize.
    I doubt one would get the Nobel Peace Prize by allowing Al Qaeda to continue to terrorize by killing whomever they pleased.

But I get your point.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 May '12 11:42
    Glad to see you're still busy following Jesus' commandments to love and support your Christian brethren.

Good job!

/sarcasm off

So, how seriously are you following the REST of His commandments?

Right.
    The advice I gave to Jaywill is very good advice even if you lack the ability to see that. I did that because I do in fact consider Jaywill a brother in Christ. Brethren in Christ do not always need to have the same interpretation of all issues in the Bible.

I never have asked you or anyone else about their good works or following Christ's commandments. Neither have I ever offered such information about myself. So I certainly will not be starting that practice now.

I think you need to grow up both as a person and as a Christian and try to understand the teachings of Christ and put them into practice instead of allowing yourself to be misled by your church or pastor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree