1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 May '12 19:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Have you read that book i suggested yet?
    No. I decided to read the following on the subject:

http://www.ohio.edu/plantbio/staff/showalte/MCB%20720/Molecular%
    http://www.ucg.org/science/dna-tiny-code-thats-toppling-evolution/

20Machines%20That%20Control%20Genes.pdf

http://www.monsanto.com/products/Pages/transcription-factors-in-plants.aspx

http://www.slideshare.net/cgales/central-dogma-and-protein-synthesis

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/science/2011/08/07/scientists-decoding-language-of-dna.html
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 May '12 00:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It would be good for you to read up on it and give it some serious thought and perhaps you could overcome your ignorance.
    if you are so up to date on the subject, it should be no problem for you to formulate your arguments. i've heard nothing from you yet. still waiting.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 May '12 02:16
    What is a kind ? I know within the canine family certain types can't reproduce like certain types of Jackals can't reproduce with like foxes or wolves can't remember but they're still dogs.

Manny
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 02:27
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If a person allows something to be drummed into their heads enough, even though at first it looks like foolishness, especially if one is surrounded by ones who condemn all other thinking, it will probably happen that you will begin to believe things in that direction.
    Wouldn't it be fair to say that JW thinking - i.e. its doctrine and principles - are based on a particular interpretation of the Bible, that this thinking is carefully and consistently drummed into every single article or piece of teaching that is produced by the JW organisation, worldwide, and then adhered to staunchly despite the many outsiders who say "it looks like foolishness"? When you go to your Kingdom Hall, are you not surrounded by ones who condemn all other thinking?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '12 05:23
    Originally posted by menace71
    What is a kind ? I know within the canine family certain types can't reproduce like certain types of Jackals can't reproduce with like foxes or wolves can't remember but they're still dogs.

Manny
    The thing about 'kinds' as used by creationists, is they leave it undefined. Then they can make just about any claim they like. Of course any such claims are practically meaningless.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 07:40
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    if you are so up to date on the subject, it should be no problem for you to formulate your arguments. i've heard nothing from you yet. still waiting.
    You are an idiot if you think I am going to do all that typing to repeat the same thing that you could read in those links just to satisfy you. You are not worth crap to me even though you may be worth crap to God. If you don't want to take the time to read the links just shut up.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 07:41
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    God knows. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 07:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wouldn't it be fair to say that JW thinking - i.e. its doctrine and principles - are based on a particular interpretation of the Bible, that this thinking is carefully and consistently drummed into every single article or piece of teaching that is produced by the JW organisation, worldwide, and then adhered to staunchly despite the many outsiders who say "it loo ...[text shortened]... n you go to your Kingdom Hall, are you not surrounded by ones who condemn all other thinking?
    Exactly. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 May '12 08:52
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Quite possibly the most deluded post i've ever read on this forum. Truly unbelievable.
    What? Too deep for ya?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 May '12 08:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Even many religious leaders have given in to those pressures. Example: The Roman Catholic Church.
    Yep....
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wouldn't it be fair to say that JW thinking - i.e. its doctrine and principles - are based on a particular interpretation of the Bible, that this thinking is carefully and consistently drummed into every single article or piece of teaching that is produced by the JW organisation, worldwide, and then adhered to staunchly despite the many outsiders who say "it loo ...[text shortened]... n you go to your Kingdom Hall, are you not surrounded by ones who condemn all other thinking?
    Well yes on some levels but not what your emplying. With God's direction thru the Brothers that do teach us thru the printed page and from the stage we are reminded constantly what we should do with reguards to many things and why. Such things as our stand that we take in not fighting and killing others in wars for example.
    That direction is clear from the Bible and not just made up. Each of us can look in our own Bibles and see that is clearly there.
    As a matter of fact we all can look in our Bibles and actually make sure that what we are taught is actually there in black and white. We are constantly advised to do that.
    That's how we test scripture with scripture to make sure what were told is indeed truth and once we all see that it is, it is a good thing to continually reinforce that in our hearts and minds to live in a way that supports that belief from the Bible.
    This also bonds us together as Brothers and Sisters earthwide in one faith, just as the Bible says we should be and not just some ragtag bunch of opinionated whatever goes group of people that's not sure what to believe.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:05
    What? Too deep for ya?
    That post was many things, 'deep' is not one of them.

Could you explain how reading a book is 'pressure tactics'?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '12 09:37
    That's how we test scripture with scripture to make sure what were told is indeed truth and once we all see that it is, it is a good thing to continually reinforce that in our hearts and minds to live in a way that supports that belief from the Bible.
    Yes, but there are many followers of Christ who believe you've got it wrong, and they too quote scripture and so on and so forth. In your Kingdom Hall you are "surrounded by ones who condemn all other thinking". Therein is the irony of your earlier comment.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 May '12 12:04
    Well yes on some levels but not what your emplying. With God's direction thru the Brothers that do teach us thru the printed page and from the stage we are reminded constantly what we should do with reguards to many things and why. Such things as our stand that we take in not fighting and killing others in wars for example.
    That direction is clear from ...[text shortened]... me ragtag bunch of opinionated whatever goes group of people that's not sure what to believe.
    And when a conflict is discovered between the Watchtower teaching and what your scripture says then it is time for a new revision ot the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 May '12 15:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, but there are many followers of Christ who believe you've got it wrong, and they too quote scripture and so on and so forth. In your Kingdom Hall you are "surrounded by ones who condemn all other thinking". Therein is the irony of your earlier comment.
    Well you know in my 45 years of being a JW I have as yet to ever hear from any Brother from the stage in any talks or meetings or just in general that said, as you are accusing that we are to "condemn all others thinking" in anyway shape or form.
    So.....I really don't understand where you come up with this supposed fact you saying we do.
    In fact a basic part of our presentations in our door to door work teaching work usually says something along the lines that "we do know most we speak to have other beliefs and we do respect that fact".
    I have personally used that statement and it is an honest one and I would never condemn anyone for their beliefs. I may not approve of it but as Jesus showed with respect and kindness in his teachings, we are taught to do the same and show respect.
    So unless you can prove that is our thinking in our modern history as we have learned more the way Jesus taught, I think your'e not knowing who we are and maybe reading things that aren't true about us.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree