1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 03:401 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Themselves, basically. Not to mention all the panoply of minor gods throughout history who have been associated with divination and clairvoyance.

gods (little g)

above God (big G)

It finds existence in most people with their holding themselves above God. By extension, the idea that you can control (or even divine) your own future (becoming the li ...[text shortened]... be considered by most Abrahamic religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) as a "bad thing".
    Oh, I see what you're getting at. I call them demi-gods, not gods with a small "g".
    Perhaps we need to be a little more clear than just using large letters instead of small ones. 🙂

I believe we all carry the "god-seed", which when nurtured properly can be turned into a real part of "God", being like a "God" in him/herself.
    But I think we have a huge divide in what we mean when we say "God" ,(with a big "g" ), in the first place.

And remember a zen master is a master over no one except him/herself.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Mar '11 03:42
    Originally posted by josephw
    daisychainsaw?

Sounds dangerous. 😉
    Sure is.... 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree