1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 19:442 edits
    You keep on attacking me when I suggest that moral absolutes exist. You yourself said you believe that marital rape is wrong under all circumstances. That means according to the definition given below you yourself believe in at least one moral absolute. You again attack me if I say that I perceive the Bible as an objective moral standard. Would you care to explain why you think it's wrong under all circumstances if there are no moral absolutes?

Moral Absolutism is the ethical belief that there are absolute standards against which moral questions can be judged, and that certain actions are right or wrong, regardless of the context of the act.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 20:151 edit
    Its must just be Divegeester's Unitarian bullying.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 05:23
    Originally posted by @sonship
    It would explain a lot if he was a Unitarian Universalist.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 05:501 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    You keep on attacking me when I suggest that moral absolutes exist.
    No I don't; I attack you because I think you are a vacuous lying asshat who uses fables about his sister being raped as a sort of pseudo backstory.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 05:53
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    No I don't; I attack you because I think you are a vacuous lying asshat who uses fables about his sister being raped as a sort of pseudo backstory.
    I didn't think you would respond to the OP expect maybe with a few ad hominems.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 05:54
    Originally posted by @sonship
    To each our own kind sonship.

You know it never fails to astonish me how you, some other others and especially of course Suzanne deliberately conflate open argument with "bullying", in a forum where passionately held views are obviously going to be fiercely defended through rigourous exchanges.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 05:58
    To each our own kind sonship.

You know it never fails to astonish me how you, some other others and especially of course Suzanne deliberately conflate open argument with "bullying", in a forum where passionately held views are obviously going to be fiercely defended through rigourous exchanges.
    Are you a Unitarian universalist or not?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 05:591 edit
    I didn't think you would respond to the OP expect maybe with a few ad hominems.
    Well you are wrong again aren't you. An ad hominem is a used to attack the person rather than their argument, and as I'm not in the slighted bit interested in your "argument", then at best my reply was an honest but brutally delivered appraisal of how I perceive you, and at worst it is a shoot from the hip insult.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 05:59
    Are you a Unitarian universalist or not?
    I have no idea.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 06:01
    Well you are wrong again aren't you. An ad hominem is a used to attack the person rather than their argument, and as I'm not in the slighted bit interested in your "argument", then at best my reply was an honest but brutally delivered appraisal of how I perceive you, and at worst it is a shoot from the hip insult.
    Well you have said nothing about the OP but rather attacked me. Ad hominem it is.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 06:01
    I have no idea.
    What are you then?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 06:02
    Well you have said nothing about the OP but rather attacked me. Ad hominem it is.
    Ok, I live with that.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 06:04
    What are you then?
    My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 06:092 edits
    My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.
    Didn't know Gladiators still existed. 😉

Your beef should be with whodey, I merely smiled.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 10:591 edit
    Your beef should be with whodey, I merely smiled.
    What "beef" are you talking about??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree