1. Illinois
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 09:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you have your doubts then? Sometimes, when I read his posts, they come across as those of a satirist whose aim is to bring his declared "faith" into disrepute, as divegeester has suggested several times.
    I'm not one for deciding who is a genuine Christian and who is not. I'll take him at his word regarding his declared faith. He seems to have a great deal of knowledge at his disposal regarding it. It's easy to have doubts, though, considering the shameless misbehavior. But even Christians can have psychological problems. RJHinds may be in the grips of mental illness, for all we know. In which case, his faith may be genuine, but marred by psychosis. Declaring oneself the reaper in Christ's parable, for example, could easily be an example of a schizophrenic delusion of grandeur.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 09:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Time for another sock-puppet?
    Wouldn't it be funny if Dasa just popped up again now.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 10:231 edit
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    I'm not one for deciding who is a genuine Christian and who is not. I'll take him at his word regarding his declared faith. He seems to have a great deal of knowledge at his disposal regarding it. It's easy to have doubts, though, considering the shameless misbehavior. But even Christians can have psychological problems. RJHinds may be in the grips ...[text shortened]... 's parable, for example, could easily be an example of a schizophrenic delusion of grandeur.
    Maybe I am a Chess genius like Robert J. Fischer, and am now being effected
    by it. Or perhaps the Holy Spirit is trying to make my life a Hell on earth as
    punishment for my sins.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wouldn't it be funny if Dasa just popped up again now.
    And lo - he was.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe I am a Chess genius like Robert J. Fischer, and am now being effected
    by it. Or perhaps the Holy Spirit is trying to make my life a Hell on earth as
    punishment for my sins.
    No, you're just an idiot.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 11:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, you're just an idiot.
    For some weird reason, I could not help from laughing at your comment. 😀
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 12:279 edits
    The behavior you refer to is in my role as a worker and reaper in gathering the tares.
    The behavior you refer to is in my role as a worker and reaper in gathering the tares.

You have no roll to be a Christian worker gathering the tares. In the teaching that is the task of the angels at the end of the age. In fact in the parable of the wheat and tares, Christ has the master tell his servants explicitly NOT to attempt to gather the tares. It is to be left to the angels of God.

Am I right ? Look carefully at Matthew 13 :

"And the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where then did the tares come from?

And he said to them, an enemy has done this. And the slaves said to him, Do you want us then to go and collect them?

But he said. No, lest while collecting the tares, you uproot the wheat along with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the harvest I will say to the reapers. Collect first the tares and bind them into bundles to burn them up, but the wheat gather into my barn."

The reapers are ANGELS (v.39) .
    The FIELD is not the church but the WORLD (v.38)

Therefore the teaching is not about Christian workers eliminating false believers from the church. It is about Christian workers being instructed to NOT attempt to eliminate false believers from the WORLD, ie. the field.

So you are not commissioned by Christ to try to rid the world of nominal Christians. That is not your role.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:09
    Originally posted by jaywill
    You have no roll to be a Christian worker gathering the tares. [...] So you are not commissioned by Christ to try to rid the world of nominal Christians. That is not your role.
    What do you make of RJHinds' apparent suggestion that his behaviour here and the content of his posts is required or endorsed by the Holy Spirit in some way:

I had rather think I am still here because the Lord can still use me to help to fulfill His purpose.

and

This is why I said I would rather be doing something else. But he Holy Spirit compels me to continue here a bit longer.

Do you think RJHinds has got this right, jaywill?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:272 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    What do you make of RJHinds' apparent suggestion that his behaviour here and the content of his posts is required or endorsed by the Holy Spirit in some way:

[b]I had rather think I am still here because the Lord can still use me to help to fulfill His purpose.

and

This is ...[text shortened]... pels me to continue here a bit longer.

Do you think RJHinds has got this right, jaywill?[/b]
    I don't object to the poster believing he has a role or that he is under the enfluence of the Holy Spirit. I merely point out that everything in our sense of mission or behavior should be checked with the Scriptures too.

I am willing to have my behavior as a Christian re-examined by the word of God or by fellowship among brethren that I may learn and grow. I would hope that any other believer would also.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:36
    Originally posted by FMF

[b]I had rather think I am still here because the Lord can still use me to help to fulfill His purpose.

and

This is ...[text shortened]... pels me to continue here a bit longer.

Do you think RJHinds has got this right, jaywill?[/b]
    You asking one Christian who mistakenly thinks he is saved, regenerated and has the Holy Spirit about another Christian who also mistakenly thinks he is saved, regenerated and has the Holy Spirit, if the other has the Holy Spirit? 😀
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 13:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    The link in the OP is dead.
    Psst. You have to wait till it is resurrected.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 14:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You asking one Christian who mistakenly thinks he is saved, regenerated and has the Holy Spirit about another Christian who also mistakenly thinks he is saved, regenerated and has the Holy Spirit, if the other has the Holy Spirit? 😀
    I am wondering what jaywill feels about RJHinds' behaviour.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 14:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Mistakenly? Who says so, you?

I guess it takes one to know one.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 15:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Mistakenly? Who says so, you?

I guess it takes one to know one.
    Christ said so ..
    Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:5-8)

Are you, Jaywill, RJHinds, Knightmeister .. etc like the wind .. ie move like wind, invisible like the wind? NO ? Then - ACCORDING TO CHRIST.. NOT ME ..

YOU ARE NOT BORN OF THE SPIRIT.

You need to stop brainwashing yourself and listening to those corrupt pastors and read the Bible .. Ms Testosterone ..
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 20:151 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill

You have no roll to be a Christian worker gathering the tares. In the teaching that is the task of the angels at the end of the age. In fact in the parable of the wheat and tares, Christ has the master tell his servants explicitly NOT to attempt to g t commissioned by Christ to try to rid the world of nominal Christians. That is not your role.
    I am not trying to eliminate anything. I am identifying them like the servants
    of the master. My words were somewhat of an exaggeration to emphasize the
    point that there is not much time left before the harvest. I agreed completely
    with his interpretation. However, I am not limited by Christ as being only a
    servant, or being only the seed, or being only the wheat. Can't I also be used
    by Christ as a messenger and worker in the field, who by identifying the tares,
    make the separating and binding process more clear and easier at the time of
    harvesting, which is coming upon us with ever increasing speed?

P.S. RHP is not the Christian church. RHP is the world.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree