1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '12 18:293 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    He has no right what so ever to judge. The judgement that he thinks in some part of his mind he is part of is only reserved for the "annointed" ( a group that he has no clue who they are ) who wil be serving with Jesus in heaven during the thousand year reign. As for as I can tell RJH is still a human and here on earth and even if he were chosen by Jesus ...[text shortened]... cess that will be done in heaven and not on earth. He's kind of missed that point it seems...
    He has no right what so ever to judge. The judgement that he thinks in some part of his mind he is part of is only reserved for the "annointed" ( a group that he has no clue who they are ) who wil be serving with Jesus in heaven during the thousand year reign.

Putting aside the issue of whether this or that person we know is qualified to be a judge, let's consider you statement about "the anointed".

Are you saying that all believers in Christ are not anointed? This would be contrary to the New Testament.

Paul writes to the church in Corinth -

"But the One who firmly attaches us with you unto Christ and has anointed us is God." (2 Cor. 1:21)

I take this to mean that there is not a special class of anointed ones in the church. Rather Paul, his co-workers, and the entire congregation of Christians in Corinth or anywhere are firmly attached to the Anointed Christ and are themselves anointed.

Whether they live thoroughly according to that anointing is another matter. But all believers in Christ have been anointed.

The Apostle John also tells recipients of his letter that they all have an anointing from God:

"And as for you, the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone teach you; but as His anointing teaches you concerning all things and is true and is not a lie, and even as it has taught you, abide in Him." (1 John 2:27)

This is not an elite group. This is the portion common to all believers in Christ. They have an anointing abiding in them. It teaches them concerning all things. Specifically, it teaches them to "abide in Him".

That anointing's main function is to constantly TEACH every Christian to remain, abide, linger and stay in the realm of the living indwelling Christ. Christ come into the believer brings them into a sphere, a realm. The anointing teaches EVERY Christian to ABIDE in Him.

How obedient we are to that teaching is another matter. But we Christians can all say that according to the Bible, we are all anointed.

"And YOU [the audience of the Apostle John in First John] ... have an ANOINTING from the Holy One, and all of you know." (1 John 2:20)

" ... and ALL OF YOU KNOW ..." according to the anointing that ALL Christians have received.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree