1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 21:43
    1 Corinthians 1:10
    New Living Translation (NLT)

Divisions in the Church
    10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,[a] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.

So can one agree that this statement has meaning and would be true?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jan '13 21:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

Divisions in the Church
    10 I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters,[a] by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose.

I hear an echo?
  3. England
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 11:03
    a lot easyer 2000 years ago, now we argue over interpritation, but live in harmony with each other is starting to happen slowly.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:104 edits

Divisions in the Church

Christians should never be completely discouraged about disunity in the church (though they should seek to overcome this) because -

1.) In the church age it is not necessary that the entire body of believers be one in order for God to accomplish His will on the earth.

As in the Old Testament, the apostasy of the majority of Israel did not stop God from moving forward with His plan. A remnant of faithful ones afforded Him a way.

2.) The genuine oneness among believers has never been completely vanquished. As when Paul wrote the Corinthian letter so today. There are some who are appoved in this matter .

Paul's exhortation indicated that there were some who were in the genuined harmony -

"For it has been made clear to me concerning you, my brothers, by those of [the household of] Chloe, that there are strifes among you." (1:11)

This indicates that at least those of the household of Chloe must have recognized the abnormality. This could indicate that those of Chloe's household were maintaining the proper unity against the odds.

"For there must even be parties among you, that those who are approved may become manifest among you." (11:19)

Parties among the church in Corinth went to reveal those (perhaps a minority) who were approved as being in the proper unity.

While parties and divisions are a sad fact of life, God will maintain a remnant of those who overcome in the approved harmony He needs to accomplish His purpose.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 15:27

Divisions in the Church

It appears from recorded history mankind has often tried to live in harmony by building cities in which to live together. But it seems that complete harmony is very elusive. The making of rules and laws are helpful only to those willing to obey them. Jesus said, " You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."
    (Matthew 24:6 NKJV)
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 18:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It appears from recorded history mankind has often tried to live in harmony by building cities in which to live together. But it seems that complete harmony is very elusive. The making of rules and laws are helpful only to those willing to obey them. Jesus said, " You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."
    (Matthew 24:6 NKJV)
    That scripture is not speaking of humans in general living anywhere on the earth. It is speaking of those who truly listen to him and follow his commands.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 20:45
    Originally posted by galveston75
    That scripture is not speaking of humans in general living anywhere on the earth. It is speaking of those who truly listen to him and follow his commands.
    So what?
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 20:50
    So what?
    So you have to live in harmony,

You better live in harmony because I don't remember
    if I fired six shots or only five.

😉
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 22:20
    So what?
    Well it is kind of important to know what the scriptures are referring to isn't it.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 03:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well it is kind of important to know what the scriptures are referring to isn't it.
    It is more important to know that the scriptures do not refer to blood transfusions. 😏
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 07:18
    Divisions in this thread are apparent.😲
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 10:09

Divisions in the Church

Yes, it has meaning and would be true, your point?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree